• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

GFX Resources

I've downloaded some smudge brushes, but they don't do that "smudge effect" how I can make it??? D:

I've downloaded some smudge brushes, but they don't do that "smudge effect" how I can make it??? D:

You need to have the smudge tool selected with said brush. You also need to practice stroking orders to get nice smudge effects.

This is so nice! ; w; Such great tutorials and resources! Thanks for posting this!

Added Morbid-sheep's monster fractal pack under the C4D and fractal pack section. Look around this users deviant submissions. You can get an easy 500+ fractals from this artist. Truly amazing fractals of the upmost highest quality.

Added Morbid-sheep's monster fractal pack under the C4D and fractal pack section. Look around this users deviant submissions. You can get an easy 500+ fractals from this artist. Truly amazing fractals of the upmost highest quality.

You sound like a used fractal salesman.

Added more beginner level tutorials and "LamiraGFX's guide to making a fantastic splatter signature" under concept understanding.

Whelp, Im gonna try to do some GFX.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hah, nevermind. This is confusing me. I may try later though.

Whelp, Im gonna try to do some GFX.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hah, nevermind. This is confusing me. I may try later though.

You will never understand how to do something if you don't keep at it. If you're finding yourself stuck because of the interface layout of whatever photo editing program you're using, you can always look up youtube videos explaining all of the tools and appliances of said application.

I cant seem to get the render to add and crop it down without the stock not cropping and then the whole picture becomes the render. Anyone that uses GIMP that can help me here?

Can you try explaining what is happening better?
I will do my best. I paste in my stock(Not sure which goes first, stock or render, but Id assume stock, as that is the background), and I create that into a layer, and I merge it down into the background layer which is just white at the time. Then, I paste in my render and turn it into a layer. When I go to crop down the render so it fits into the stock(it is too tall), it crops both layers :/. I may be doing everything wrong from the beginning, but I figured I would ask someone who has been doing this longer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I figured it out. I was using a different tool than I was supposed to be. Sorry to bother!

Last edited:
Sure thing. Post it here.

Dis one.
SkywardSword.png

Looks good. Little effect usage, but it looks nice in this case. Add a light source in the clouds. Perhaps a lens flare?

Back