• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Getting Villager Pictures

KaraNari

Bells
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
How can you tell when a villager is going to give you their picture? I realize in this version it is a lot harder to get them, I only get them once they move and I have had them for a long time. So, is there a way that I can tell I will get their picture when they move so I don't let them move too early? And if it's a villager you don't let move, how could you obtain their picture besides buying it?

How can you tell when a villager is going to give you their picture? I realize in this version it is a lot harder to get them, I only get them once they move and I have had them for a long time. So, is there a way that I can tell I will get their picture when they move so I don't let them move too early? And if it's a villager you don't let move, how could you obtain their picture besides buying it?

I have a lot of villager pictures.

Go to my town Temps, for its Dream Address.

I have since reset Temps. Visit the Dream Address and you will see what I have. I have moved those villager pictures into my new town. (It doesn't have a Dream Address.)

I'll give you what you want for free. (I need to unload them. I have another town, ACNLpics, which has all villagers' pics. So I have extras.)

It's 01.27.2015 @ 11:05 a.m. ET. I'll be off here for a couple hours. (I have to leave my house for a couple things.) If you let me know that you're interested, we can arrange to make it happen.

They will give to you eventually for completing a request, if you have a high friendship level with them. I have multiple pictures of my permanent villagers (-:

Weird, villagers that I have done a ton of requests for haven't given me anything, but once they move they give it to me! Guess I just need to keep trying!

And Candy83, thank you for your offer but I want to try and get the the hard way first :)

When a villager I've befriended quite well asks for me to run a fruit errand I get the fruit they want but in the perfect variety, save, then give it to them. If they don't give me their pic, I soft reset the game and try again. It can take so few as 4 tries to as many as 40+! Though a general consensus is that if they keep giving you low brow items that aren't worth much, you're not good enough friends and they're not going to give it to you. If they're giving you high class items, you're good pals but it's safe to say (for me personally) that after 20-30'ish tries and no luck, it's not happening. Yet.

You could also get villager pictures from April Fool's day.

This is the easiest route. As long as you have a human who has said hello to all villagers, in your town on April 1, and before meeting Blanca at the Plaza, you will get to earn those villagers' pictures by playing Blanca's April Fools' Day game.

Last edited:
Here is a few example of high friendship lvl from wiki

"For example, Animals with a medium to high level of friendship will send presents to the player spontanously, or even give them in person. Animals with a very high level of friendship will visit the player's house unannounced, bring presents to the players house, and may even ask the player to bring them rare fish or bugs. Furthermore, Animals who feel friendly with the player will wave or bow when called using the megaphone."

Once your friendship is high enough, it's random when they give it to you.

Thank you guys for the information! I know Chief, Fang, and Keaton visit me randomly and send me letters randomly but I can't recall what kind of items they give me! I will keep trying ( possibly the soft resetting) and go from there :)

Here is a few example of high friendship lvl from wiki

"For example, Animals with a medium to high level of friendship will send presents to the player spontanously, or even give them in person. Animals with a very high level of friendship will visit the player's house unannounced, bring presents to the players house, and may even ask the player to bring them rare fish or bugs. Furthermore, Animals who feel friendly with the player will wave or bow when called using the megaphone."

Once your friendship is high enough, it's random when they give it to you.

This is so helpful omg

I am hoping that by going to Eds birthday before sending him packing soon he will give me a picture...I always regret the ones who have left and I have no picture especially accidents that I know I won't get again. Then on the other hand I have those where it's just annoying now, I have like 10 from Tucker and a few others it's almost where I am getting tired of him, but I guess that can happen especially if it's like a year or something.
I have a lot of spares but I need to get them all in one town first and am still not on the double machine using thing yet new extra still in box. I had an offer on certain ones but they were mixed bt too many towns and I didn't get around to figuring out the moving them together method in time for the person I feel bad about that. I may look into getting the ones I don't have though would like to have them all, at least all that I have had.

Back