• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Getting Nookington's Unlocked... (JP Version)

Have you all had any luck? I've dealt a lot with Wiimmfi and online gaming and I understand the pain it can be figuring it out. 🤯 I used to use it on my Nintendo Wii a lot for playing Fortune Street, but I can no longer use Wiimmfi because my home internet doesn't support static IP addresses. 👎

Understand this a bit late, but no. None of us, unfortunately, have been able to piece together this frustrating puzzle. I mentioned this earlier, but when I bought my Japanese copy of the game, there was already an established town with a Nookington's built there. I wanted to start over, despite knowing I'd go through this headache, but I didn't realize just how bad it'd actually be.

And I know I agonized about this plenty of times, but it's still hard to swallow that Nintendo repeated this dumb mistake, twice. You needed another memory card just to have another player from another town visit yours in the original game. They decided to do it, again, here, but it made worse by gating it through Internet access. It really does call to question why I haven't just abandon this entire franchise all together. It's made by a company that keeps repeating these obnoxious errors that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

If nothing else, I was able to download the game on the Wii U, so if I ever have an inkling to do it all over again (which I don't), I can at least be comfortable with not having to worry about such an inane requirement. Was there any reason why Tom Nook COULDN'T just make the final upgrade without having someone else from a different town walk inside his store? Christ...

Back