• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gamestop/Where do you buy your games?

Power Gamer.
Best discounts ever.
Not to mention they sell anime posters, and dvds and such.
Got two volumes of Detective Conan for 5 bucks.

Usually Toys r Us because it's in walking distance, they have a wide variety, and great discounts, but they really need to expand on their PSP games.

I only buy games I want to pre-order on Gamestop/EB Games, because really I don't know of any place that will take pre-orders and have bonuses here in Canada. The Gamestop here is ridiculous because they take advantage of popularity by jacking the price of popular titles up. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii is $65.00 there, while it's only $60 at Wal-Mart) Everywhere else, it's either Wal-Mart for new, this store on eBay for games I've been meaning to get but forgotten, and Blockbuster for used. Steam and Pirate Bay for PC games.

Last edited:
The guys at my local gamestop are so nice! This one guy was gonna buy a game and the employee told him, "No, you REALLY don't want that game. It sucks, a lot. I'd give it a 2/10. Here, I'd recommend______ instead". The game the guy was gonna buy was a brand new 360 game, so it's not like the employee was trying to get him to buy something more expensive. And I always get great recommendations. That's what I love about the guys at my gamestop, they play games and know what they're talking about.

I only buy games I want to pre-order on Gamestop/EB Games, because really I don't know of any place that will take pre-orders and have bonuses here in Canada. The Gamestop here is ridiculous because they take advantage of popularity by jacking the price of popular titles up. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii is $65.00 there, while it's only $60 at Wal-Mart) Everywhere else, it's either Wal-Mart for new, this store on eBay for games I've been meaning to get but forgotten, and Blockbuster for used. Steam and Pirate Bay for PC games.

Woah, $65?

Here it's only $45.

Canadian dollars and US dollars aren't the same.
While that is true, the usual difference (the last time I checked) between Suggested Retail Price between US and Canada is $5. So I'm quite surprised that there's a $15 difference.

GameStop, but I work there haha.
The people at my store are very knowledgeable on the video games and the systems. So yeah, me and my co-workers are pretty awesome and help everyone out.

Back