• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest regret. Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. It was just...no. I couldn't get past the tutorial and when I did I couldn't enjoy it at all.

Same..... I absolutely hated it. As I attempted to play it I'm just like 'wtf is this?'

Last edited:
Resident Evil 6 Re-Release for PS4
Tearaway Unfolded
Luigis Mansion: Dark moon
Animal crossing happy home designer, they were easy, Sucked or were to hard

I have 118 games in my 'Trash' category on Steam, something I REALLY regret is Windborne. It was a fantasy minecraft-ish thing, very cute. Game was 50 euros, and I literally sold everything I could and spend all my money to get a copy for me and my ex. I don't have any income or whatshowever, so it was really everything I had at that time. So, we started playing, everything looked okay, but there was a lack of content, but that was okay, it was only out for a few days or so. So, the devs stopped working on it about a month later, it had zero updates, and all I got in return was 4 copies of the game. Which was unfinished, and unplayable for longer then 30 mins because of the lack of content. Spent 100 euros on absolutely nothing, and the refund option wasn't there yet.

But yeah like I said, there's so many **** games on my steam, maybe even 125 lol.

But yeah like I said, there's so many **** games on my steam, maybe even 125 lol.

I feel you, some of mine are gifts or stuff that I never started cause my backloggery is so huge already lmao..

but in a way pokemon yellow, wish i'd gotten red or blue instead cause they are more fun tbh.

Story of Seasons; I was super excited for this game but stopped playing after the tutorial. I just can't bring myself to pick it up again (doesn't help probably that I got distracted with other games and RL stuff). x_x

choosing an xbox one over a ps4 was easily the biggest mistake of my life omg I should've listened when ppl told me to get a ps4
people probably won't agree with this but I kinda regret fallout 4??? I just couldn't get into it and I hate the controls they're so awkward. also, at the start of the game when you come out of the pod on two occasions now the game glitches and prevented me from thawing out so I had to remake my character twice?? it was really frustrating

I didn't buy this but I asked for the evil within for Christmas because I saw part of a playthrough of it and was really intruiged and thought it looked really good but when I got it I hadn't considered the fact i'm massive coward?? playing a scary game yourself is VERY different to watching someone else play it so it's been four months and I still haven't played it past the opening scene :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh wait you know what the worst game is???? harvest moon magical melody!! I got it as a gift and I'd never heard of the harvest moon series before, I got into it because I was like 8 but once I got older I realised how boring it is???? you can only be male, you can't be anything but straight, once you have a baby it's so boring I feel like they could've expanded it so much more- sunshine islands was much better!!

also tomodatchi life omg what a waste of money

choosing an xbox one over a ps4 was easily the biggest mistake of my life omg I should've listened when ppl told me to get a ps4
people probably won't agree with this but I kinda regret fallout 4??? I just couldn't get into it and I hate the controls they're so awkward. also, at the start of the game when you come out of the pod on two occasions now the game glitches and prevented me from thawing out so I had to remake my character twice?? it was really frustrating

I didn't buy this but I asked for the evil within for Christmas because I saw part of a playthrough of it and was really intruiged and thought it looked really good but when I got it I hadn't considered the fact i'm massive coward?? playing a scary game yourself is VERY different to watching someone else play it so it's been four months and I still haven't played it past the opening scene :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh wait you know what the worst game is???? harvest moon magical melody!! I got it as a gift and I'd never heard of the harvest moon series before, I got into it because I was like 8 but once I got older I realised how boring it is???? you can only be male, you can't be anything but straight, once you have a baby it's so boring I feel like they could've expanded it so much more- sunshine islands was much better!!

also tomodatchi life omg what a waste of money
A decent amount of people dislike FO4 actually. It lacks a lot of polish, is graphically ugly, has a ****ty dialog system, fps issues & fps tied to physics and such.

The Godfather II on Xbox 360.

Now, granted I was only 10 and 13 when the first game and the second game came out, respectively, and back then one's mind is easily impressed by games; so the second game was bad if it bored a then-13 year old, lol.

The first game was solid; not great but solid. But what sold me on the second game was a strategy aspect/style they touted; it was like to build your own gang (recruiting, establishing networks, buildings, etc.) and I love those base-building, strategy type games.

But this game was so underwhelming; it was a cheap version of GTA (and the first one was a cheap version of GTA, so this is as even cheaper, lol). The story mode, or whatever it was, was so short and then the strategy part of the game was so boring. It felt like a complete waste of time and money.

So far, this is the only game that has left me salty in my 20 years of living; there's no other game that comes to mind that I legitimately abhor and just left a bad taste in my mouth.

And I know I was 13 getting a rated M game, but I ain't trouble! Lol

tales of zestiria : / the story is bland but for the battle system it's really good.
and story of season i never really into it.

tales of zestiria : / the story is bland but for the battle system it's really good.
and story of season i never really into it.

I agree with you on Tales of Zestiria. My main problem is the WONKY CAMERA THAT DECIDES A ROCK IS A GOOD THING TO LOOK AT WHEN BATTLING. The story is pretty lackluster, honestly I play occasionally just to try to finish the game.

Mario Kart 7... I don't like the 3DS controls for this game, and also the fact that there are only a few character options :/

For me it has to be Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass I only payed $14 but I don't play them and really dislike them and that's because i tried so hard to like them. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back