• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Sonic Rush (looked kinda cool, boy was i 100% wrong on that one)
Plants Vs Zombies (got extremely boring after the 40 minutes of playing)
Dead Space 3 (couldve been good, if it wasnt dead space)
And last but not least, Every single mario kart (except for the gameboy one), to me they had 0% to do with the actual mario games, they just seemed like last minute makes to keep the series going :l

I remember that as I grew up, asides from Bubsy's game, I remember I had a Gameboy Advance game that I did not mind at first as a kid. But as I got older, I realized the game had no tutorial and I kept losing because they never explained the game. Not even a book for me. that game was the first beyblade game that appeared in the GBA. It was horrible. I never won until like my 20 battle.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ( don't judge me >->) Since I had played Emerald aka Hoenn. I had played that game WAY too many times that now I look at the remake and it doesn't bring me any need to complete it. Unlike SoulSilver which was a version I had never played, I'm not a fan of remakes.

Same thing goes for Pokemon Black 2, I played the first one and enjoyed it, not the best gen pokemon wise but i still liked it. I bought Black 2 and since it's the same thing just new added story I didnt play it either so thats 80$ wasted (for both games)

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 2, I got this one as a xmas present 2 years ago, and I played once and never touched it again. lol

nintendo badge arcade

just

ew

never again

also anything from the pok?mon series. it was fun at the time, now its garbage.

Last edited:
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ( don't judge me >->) Since I had played Emerald aka Hoenn. I had played that game WAY too many times that now I look at the remake and it doesn't bring me any need to complete it. Unlike SoulSilver which was a version I had never played, I'm not a fan of remakes.

Same thing goes for Pokemon Black 2, I played the first one and enjoyed it, not the best gen pokemon wise but i still liked it. I bought Black 2 and since it's the same thing just new added story I didnt play it either so thats 80$ wasted (for both games)

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 2, I got this one as a xmas present 2 years ago, and I played once and never touched it again. lol

Pokemon X and Y were pretty bad. Easily the worst Pokemon game (the main storyline games, that is). They did add nice features like Fairy type, 3D Pokemon models, clothing/customization and the PSS/Pokemon Amie, but I hate everything else about the game. It had potential but felt extremely unfinished.

A whole new region..? 69 Pokemon? No memorable cities and towns? Just terrible. Not to mention, the controls were so horrid it almost makes the game unplayable. :/

I don't think it wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't hype the heck out of it. I was SO looking forward to it only to be slapped in the face. I'm just glad ORAS made up for my disappointment.

^ Agree with the X/Y opinion but one of the things I like about it is the insane selection of diff pokes. You can basically make a run with each type and it's fun when I'm craving for pokemon

The Division.
I made the mistake of not buying it on release. Came into it about a month late, hence I missed out on all the patched exploits. Not a fun time levelling up.

Project X Zone. I just don't know enough of the canons or care enough about the ones I know of to really care. And the gameplay's not my favourite.

A+ on them having characters from a game as obscure as Resonance of Fate, but I really should've saved my money.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

I'm really bad at it for some reason, and keep getting stuck on the same mystery dungeon too long for my taste.

Honestly, I just regret buying the Wii U in general.

I have every game Wii U that looked interesting enough to buy, but it only amounts to...less than 10 games. It's honestly just collecting dust right now.

Kirby Triple Deluxe, perhaps.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the game, I love Kirby in general and TD is quite snazzy. But I regret buying a virtual release, because once I've beat the game there's not much to do. Had I bought a physical one, I could just trade it for something else.

Sorta feeling like that with Super Mystery Dungeon too, but I jumped onto the virtual release because of the freebie home skin + the fact that the first 2 PMD games were practically endless... but this one is kinda eh.

So technically, had I bought these in cart form, that'd be cool. I could trade them after beating them and they're both nice games, but this way they're just sitting on my SD card.

Oh, and Shin Megami Tensei IV. I heard such good things about this game but I couldn't get invested enough to play it after the tutorial, I just found it boring. Maybe one day though. It was half price, so at least not that much was lost. 10 Euro for a full game is a good deal.

Last edited:
Sorta feeling like that with Super Mystery Dungeon too, but I jumped onto the virtual release because of the freebie home skin + the fact that the first 2 PMD games were practically endless... but this one is kinda eh.
There's quite a lot to do after beating PSMD tho, it's got a nice amount of content imo

There's quite a lot to do after beating PSMD tho, it's got a nice amount of content imo

Yeah, it's not bad, but I kind of dislike the idea of connection orb. I mean, it's cool in general but it would've been nicer if they still had the bulletin board. I loved checking for random missions and finding some obscure ones. The randomness of the first two games is what really gave it a mysterious, surprising feel, I enjoyed that aspect. But PSMD, despite being a great game, just lacks a bit in that department, it feels too... structured? I am not sure how to describe that. And why for the love of god did they have to take away the ability to nickname Pokemon? That just makes me feel like my 2 main ones are out of place and I don't feel encouraged to play anything besides those 2.

Also the storyline was painful, I just wanted to get over with it ASAP. The endgame is very nice, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back