• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny. Nuff said

I sold it, but then later decided to get the Taken King version of the game because I had regret. Now I regret buying that. I hate how getting good gear is based so much on raids. It takes my full courage to find a group of random people online just to even attempt the raid. I hate having to do this because 1. I have to talk on my mic and 2. they're usually impatiant a-holes with maybe one or two nice guys. I don't even know if it's worth anything to sell it back at this point.

I also regret picking out some Xbox One games for Christmas. They're good games, but I've hardly touched Xenoverse and MGSV: The Phantom Pain because I've got too many games to play right now. I haven't even opened Assassin's Creed Syndicate yet.

What are some games you nerds regret buying?

I regret buying MySims Heroes. You know, the one with the planes and jets? I cleared it in a week so I was able to get a refund and saved that money one something more important like university.

Hell stupid Dragon Quest ix i think, guardian something. I gave up so easily, and I made it so far into the game where everything is god terrible with terrible graphics: not a win.

I'd probably have to go with Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS. When I was looking for a new game to get on my N3DS, I noticed it was a top pick for a lot of people that owned a N3DS. There was also some talk about how the Wii version had better graphics, and I planned to get that one instead after learning of the Wii version but decided to go with the N3DS version after I found out that used copies of the Wii version were selling for $80 at GameStop.

It wasn't until two months after I got the game though, that I learned that the Wii version was being sold unopened for nearly the same price as the N3DS version on Amazon. So now I have a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS that is going untouched ever since I got the Wii version. I guess next time it would be a good idea to check in with different stores if I end up seeing GameStop overpricing used games. :rolleyes:

I'd also have to go with Tomodachi Life. The game was fun for about two weeks but it got really repetitive and boring after viewing the same dreams/news reports and playing the same mini-games over and over again.

Last edited:
Super paper Mario for the wii. It was not what I expected and I hated it so much I don't know if it gets better as you keep playing. It didn't look like the Mario universe and there were these new characters that were so random and didn't fit in the game. I think I played it once and gave it up.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I've always loved the MD games, Explorers of Sky is still one of my favourite games of all time, so I was really excited for GtI but woooow it was really disappointing ;o; It wasn't even awful, it was just really... meh.

Super paper Mario for the wii. It was not what I expected and I hated it so much I don't know if it gets better as you keep playing. It didn't look like the Mario universe and there were these new characters that were so random and didn't fit in the game. I think I played it once and gave it up.

Aw, that was such a good game. The best one i've played in 2013.
I kinda regret getting The Sims 2 for the DS.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, actually. All the other SSBs are amazing.

I think I regret buying Tales Of Graces F for the sole reason that I just learned a friend of mine has it, and could have leant it to me for free. I have also heard that it's not a very good Tales game in general, but who knows if that's accurate or not. All I know is I adored the ones I have played (Xillia, Xillia 2, Abyss... I think there was another that I'm forgetting, oops...) so I thought I should give this one a try and now I'm already bummed after hearing a lot of people trash it recently.

I regret buying the DLC season pass for Fallout 4 though honestly. I was super into Fallout 4 for months and was really interested in whatever DLC was supposed to be coming out, but I have it for console so the settlement stuff can't even be used to its full potential to begin with, and after beating the main game and exploring all over the place I can safely say I've lost interest. That was a good $30-40 bucks I could have spent elsewhere, you know?

I regret buying Watch Dogs. It's basically a cheap rip-off of Grand Theft Auto. The missions were boring, and the scenery isn't very interesting. I quickly lost interest and I wish I listened to my friends when they said not to buy it.

I regret buying Watch Dogs. It's basically a cheap rip-off of Grand Theft Auto. The missions were boring, and the scenery isn't very interesting. I quickly lost interest and I wish I listened to my friends when they said not to buy it.
This and Thief. Luckily I got them preowned, so they didn't cost me that much, but still. Needless to say, when I got watchdogs again (free)with my PS4, I didn't touch the thing

Tomodachi Life, Its like a fish tank but with mii's exciting then you forget about it and the fish starve the end. I made the mistake of getting it

Last edited:
BattleBorn. At least the person I game share with enjoys it

While I enjoyed Spore, I do regret buying the Creepy and Cute expansion. $30 for a handful of customization options that add literally nothing to the gameplay is a total ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back