• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

game recs please - in gaming rut >:*(

eggie_

they/them | the sleepiest egg
Bells
Island
Lemon-up
Mother's Day Carnation
White Lily
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
hi all! as title says, i am currently in a gaming rut. every single time i turn on a game on im like, ugh i dont wanna play this lol. i want a new game, but it's hard to find things that look appealing to me. currently im in a mood where i want something cute and casual to play, but also something that isn't stardew valley or animal crossing (and ive already played rune factory 4 to death). something lowkey, aesthetically pleasing, maybe something with life-sim aspects. preferably there would not be a lot of fighting, but its not a deal breaker for me.

anyways give me your game reccs!! even if it doesn't entirely match what i described lol i am open to pretty much anything besides dark souls at this point haha

While I’ve not played it, I’ve seen a lot of praise get handed out for Chicory: A Colorful Tale. A puzzle game with no(?) combat on Playstation and PC. Seems like it’d scratch the casual itch you’re looking for, unfortunately I don’t play many life sims so I can’t recommend anything like that specifically.

Tricky Towers, unless you've played it already. Sadly it's rather dead cause it's one of those games you kind of need to know about it seems or people doesn't play it. Cute characters, good fun(especially online), and it deserves a bigger fanbase!

Spiritfarer is super fun and amazing!! Personally I love the art style and I find it aesthetically pleasing. The game is about helping the souls of humanoid animal friends move on to the afterlife. It can be a little sad at times (since to move on you have to say goodbye), but I think overall its a positive game.

You play as a set character with a pet cat in charge of ferrying souls to the afterlife on your boat. Your character is controlled via side scrolling mechanics, and you can jump on platforms, fish, and harvest materials to build stuff on your boat, such as a garden to farm crops or a loom to weave thread into fabric. You can also collect special materials to learn new skills like double jump, glide, etc. to access new areas of the map. As I mentioned your goal is to help "lost" souls say goodbye and move on to the next life by fulfilling their final requests or helping them tie up loose ends. There are also several fun mini games that you can unlock when meeting new characters. Another fun feature is that someone else in real life can play the game with you as your pet cat, who can move around and perform all the same actions that you do!

Overall I really love this game and I think it takes about 20 hours to complete. In my opinion its a pretty low key game where you can just do whatever you want when you want (no time constraints) and I really like playing it in the evenings before bed.

capsule_616x353.jpg
Spiritfarer-SCREENSHOTS-01.png

Also idk if you like point and click style games, but Röki is a super fun, sort-of point and click adventure game that is also aesthetically pleasing to me. Unlike most point and click games you can actually move your character around freely, which is why I hesitate to call it a true point and click. Either way its a very relaxing game where you play as a young girl and her brother who get pulled into a Scandinavian fairytale where you have to explore a magical forest, collect clues and items, and solve puzzles to reach the main goal (I don't want to spoil anything). The graphics and music of this game are so beautiful and the story was incredible and surprisingly mature. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it, even if you've never played a point and click before. Plus unlike other point and click style games I've played this one is actually fairly "long," and took me about 10 hours to complete.

roki-switch-hero.jpg
Roki-Troll-Cave.jpg

One last game- if you do like traditional point and click, I would recommend you try Tangle Tower. You can't move your character and only use the mouse/controller to literally "point and click" but its a really cute murder mystery game with aesthetically pleasing hand drawn graphics. You look for clues around this mystical mansion, solve puzzles, and talk to characters to find out how this girl died. It has a really cool plot twist at the end, and also has great voice acting that really bring so much life and personality into the characters (the background music is also really nice too!). I really enjoyed playing this game and my sister did as well. It is relatively short though (I think it took me 2 or 3 hours to complete) but its really fun and cute, and I would recommend getting it on sale since I think the normal price is around $20.

tangle-tower-switch-hero.jpg
ss_67355c72d325287de0fee7fbeac87a265bb2f7ac.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
hi all! as title says, i am currently in a gaming rut. every single time i turn on a game on im like, ugh i dont wanna play this lol. i want a new game, but it's hard to find things that look appealing to me. currently im in a mood where i want something cute and casual to play, but also something that isn't stardew valley or animal crossing (and ive already played rune factory 4 to death). something lowkey, aesthetically pleasing, maybe something with life-sim aspects. preferably there would not be a lot of fighting, but its not a deal breaker for me.

anyways give me your game reccs!! even if it doesn't entirely match what i described lol i am open to pretty much anything besides dark souls at this point haha

I have a couple suggestions some may not fall under cute category, but to me they’re aesthetically pleasing in some shape or form or fun to play casually.

Have you thought of trying any of the katamari games? I think I may have broke a ps3 controller from that one since i used the joysticks to roll, but that one is relaxing and fun and the art style is cute.

Don’t starve is bit darker theme but I think the art is pleasing to look at and is cute in a weird way. The game just is a challenging so might not be what you’re looking for.

Persona 5 is really fun and can be played casually. The art and music are really nice to listen to and look at. The story is really great.

Sorry if I’m wrong about any of these.

What about Bugsnax? I believe it's available on PC/Mac and PS systems. It's a really cute game! It's like Pokemon in the sense that you go around collecting different creatures (which are all based on food), but there's no fighting involved. The characters will ask you for different Bugsnax to help solve a mystery. The story does get a somewhat serious towards the end, but it's definitely pretty casual.

The Bugsnax themselves are super adorable. Here are some of my favorites!
1624121906886.png
1624121940039.png
1624121989668.png

...nevermind...............................................................................

Last edited:
If you have a PC, I'd recommend getting Slime Rancher. It's essentially an exploration game where you discover new slimes to keep and raise. There's practically no combat whatsoever, it's super chill. The artstyle is also very cute.

hi all! thank you for your suggestions :) chicory looks exactly like my kind of game and i think i will buy it when my paycheck comes!! i already own spirit farer but i havent played it much. have been picking it up again recently and ooommmggg it is so good!! definitely helping to scratch my gaming itch rn haha

the point and click games seem super up my alley (have also been looking at baba is you! i like puzzle type stuff a lot as well). i've tried katamari damacy before, the switch demo --- i got so frustrated by it!! it seems so cool in theory but the controls are very frustrating to me. i have heard of slimerancher but i think i may wait it out until 2 comes out?

again thanks all for your suggestions uwu

Back