• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Moments when a game guilted you?

I used to feel guilty for not wanting to play Wii Fit some days cause I knew that when I missed a day that Balance Board would know and call me out for it whenever I came back. Also whenever you didn't meet the goal you set for yourself the Balance Board guy would make you say why you didn't meet the goal with a few chosen options on the screen. At one point though I just stopped caring and now pick up the game whenever I feel like it.
Now have a photo of the times I started playing Wii Fit again!
View attachment 497726 This is Wii Fit U
View attachment 497727 and this is Wii Fit Plus
I hated how the Wii Board would fat shame you so I changed my height to be as high as it could go just so it won’t call me “fat.” I may be overweight but I’m not obese like the game tries to say I am and I can still do things that are pretty active and can lift some things with ease. I can carry about 15 of those full sheet oven trays stacked up on each other and carry them about twenty feet away from the dish room to the shelf where they belong and I do it rather quickly too. This is why I prefer Ring Fit Adventure even though I haven’t actually done any of the exercises in over a year. I’m hoping to change that once I finish fixing up the house my dad bought for me and I move in and have more room to play the game.

I hated how the Wii Board would fat shame you so I changed my height to be as high as it could go just so it won’t call me “fat.” I may be overweight but I’m not obese like the game tries to say I am and I can still do things that are pretty active and can lift some things with ease. I can carry about 15 of those full sheet oven trays stacked up on each other and carry them about twenty feet away from the dish room to the shelf where they belong and I do it rather quickly too. This is why I prefer Ring Fit Adventure even though I haven’t actually done any of the exercises in over a year. I’m hoping to change that once I finish fixing up the house my dad bought for me and I move in and have more room to play the game.
Remember that this game uses bmi which also counts muscle weight as fat so as long as you can stay active and healthy than you should be fine. I also prefer Ring Fit even though every time I try to get back into that game I get tired quickly since I haven't done the exercises in over a year too lamo.

Remember that this game uses bmi which also counts muscle weight as fat so as long as you can stay active and healthy than you should be fine. I also prefer Ring Fit even though every time I try to get back into that game I get tired quickly since I haven't done the exercises in over a year too lamo.
I don’t like how Wii Fit portrays my Mii as being extremely fat which isn’t true.

This one time in Wild World I kept resetting so that Wendell would give me a turban and I could continue in the golden axe trading sequence. Resetti kept telling me that resetting is pathetic and it doesn’t work in the real world, which made me feel bad. Eventually I just used a different red turnip I had and got a turban. Also sometimes villagers make me feel bad for saying something wrong, like that I don’t want to change their greeting or something I say while they’re having a conversation. Kirby Planet Robobot and Kirby Triple Deluxe also make you feel bad for defeating the final bosses when you learn the lore.

When spirits in spiritfarer don't want a hug it just makes me feel so guilty for annoying them

When you get a "Game Over" in Super Mario World it shows Mario's sprite on the overworld as an angel making you feel bad that you let him die like that.

I remember various times while playing Ribbit King when I'd get a score that was really bad and the game would say something along the lines of, "you tried..." :LOL:

I feel so bad when a villager gives me a gift and I've been out catching bugs. Wham! I smack em in the face. oof!

When I played Mario Kart 64 and I came in 4th place I was shocked by how the game treated me. Just blew me up with a bomb and then just said "What a pity". To show an example this is what It looks like:

AJHVAJHV I used to think this was the funniest thing as a kid! I actually tried incredibly hard to intentionally get 4th just because I loved watching this but it was nearly impossible playing solo, needed to play coop so you can strategically throw the game. :cry:

As for my own answer, hmm, first one that comes to mind is when you lose to Lavos in Chrono Trigger. Getting a bad end cutscene of the world being destroyed was pretty harsh.

I used to feel devastated when I accidentally closed AC wild world without saving and would get told off badly by Resetti. I was always a goody-two-shoes and never did it on purpose, sometimes I'd just forget to connect to a charger and the console died. I hated the lectures so much lmao

The first time I time travelled in City Folk, I set the clock to 6am (iirc) so I could get something out of the recycling bin. Then I went to the city (maybe I tt’d to like 3am) and it was still dark out and saw everything closed and nobody there and the depressing version of the city theme was playing and I felt like the game was saying “You’ve been misbehaving, so we took away your happy priveleges”. Lol.

really struggling right now with feelings of guilt in particular cause i'm getting into my playthrough of pikmin 4 😓 those little screams when i mess something up during a mission. safe to say i've been smashing that "rewind the day" button because i end up feeling so bad for them 😭

i also struggle with worrying about upsetting people/npcs in games like stardew valley. it was so bad that for a while in one of my playthroughs, i never went out of my way to interact with any npcs unless it was something necessary. i think i got into maybe year 3 or 4 until i starting trying to max out hearts with everyone

Last edited:
When it came time for evaluation during the SNES version of SimCity, and this music played, you know you messed up bad.

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this spirited fellow.

Portal_Companion_Cube.png

i’ve had this game since i was like two years old and i think i’ve probably only ever gotten rid of less than 5 chao because of this 😭
1gs14mebggg61.png

any time i’m holding a chao i stay far away from the teleporter thingy out of fear that i’ll somehow accidentally get rid of my kids

also felt bad whenever my pikmin would die, i swear i could hear their little screams even when i wasn’t playing

Back