• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Foolproof Cycling Method

is there any way to get a villager to move out faster so i can try this :0

unfortunately that is the hard part, traveling day by day when you only have like 9 villagers to find the next one to move out.
But once you get in your schedule with your dates make sure to remember them.

Mine always has a departing villager on May 15 of the year. So no matter how long I go in between cycling as long as I go back to then, I can easily restart my process

The second method is the one I use and it's perfect :) you don't end up years into the future and your boxes day is always the same date so it avoids confusion.

Tried both methods, neither worked

this method doesn't work anymore because the welcome amiibo update changed how long it takes for villagers to go into boxes. you can find more info about post-update cycling here (crash's cycling guide).. especially the second question in the faq which mentions a new method.

Do events (such as New Years) stop villagers from moving here’s what I did:
Villager is boxes
Advance 1 year
Advance 1 year
Advance 5 days, it ended at December 31st, there was a new villager but no one in boxes..?

I found the problem!

Last edited:
never seen this before :O

ohhhh so that's how people cycled villagers before amiibo cards came around! very interesting. that's more simple than i thought.

Back