Fitness Check In

Days 6-10: 4/5 days I really didn't do anything and thinking back on it is quite disappointing. I want to give myself the benefit of the doubt since I started a third job and was working all three most of the days or out with friends but still really mad at myself. I also was over calorie goals 2/5 days which sucked too. Day 7 I did workout a decent amount but I'm really hoping to do better this week. Hopefully this semester of college classes isn't too stressful.

I've been trying to lose weight lately (my goal is to lose around 50 pounds) and so far I've lost 10!
My biggest road block is that I'm addicted to soda, so I've been trying to use water enhancers and such lol

But I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished so far, so hopefully things keep going well =w=

Day 58
Workout/Rest Day Summary:
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 8 steps of Weight Loss 2.

I've been mentioning that this is hard, but I'll explain why. The program expects you to maintain a certain speed at certain resistance levels. This workout incorporates high resistance levels (up to 10 out of a max of 12) and expects you to maintain higher speeds at those high resistance levels.

Summary:

I have been working out regullary (3 times a week roughly). I'm trying a workout everyday other day but I think I might change it back to be exercise for 2 days and a rest day again because I'm not progressing as much as I would like. Almost at the 1 minute plank mark. It doesn't get any easier to be honest. It still sucks.

I have 2 non scale victories I want to share. The Target closest to me is about 2 miles round trip walking. Last summer my feet would ache a lot when I get back home but that didn't happen when I went a week ago. I'm about the same weight as I was in the summer and the only thing that I changed was exercising more and doing lunges.

The second one is that last March my fitbit said that my heart rate average was in the mid 50s bpm. SInce covid hit my city I haven't been doing much walking like I normally would or the same intensity of exercise so I was back in the mid 60s bpm in the summer and now it's starting to be in mid 50s again.

I've started making my own carbonated drinks, which has helped a bit with my soda addiction lol
Rose soda is definitely my favorite!

Hopefully his helps a bit with my weight loss goals lol

I set myself a goal this week to work out every day. I feel so sluggish lately from lockdown and being at home, so the workouts are a welcomed break .

I get an hours lunch break so I can only really fit in 30 mins of working out, but I’ve been doing 20 min HIIT workouts with 10 mins of yoga and mindfulness. I’m really enjoying the Apple Fitness+ app, being able to see your stats on the screen as you’re working out helps you push further and the trainers are fun too! I’m probably going to cancel my gym membership and just stick with this for a while as I don’t really love the idea of going back there atm.
:- )

Today was 10 mins quick HIIT and then 20 mins strength. I’m an idiot and didn’t realise Americans weigh dumbbells in lbs instead of kgs. When the trainer said “grab a twenty five” I nearly died until I realised...

I reset myself to day 1 which I think is fair at this point. I bottomed out and stopped doing exercises / cal count etc. I'm mad at myself but I'm not going to let it affect me too much. I was overwhelmed with starting classes again after a gap year and trying new things and it put me in a plateau but here's to trying again!

Day 1 - 25 minute fat burn with 5 minute cool-down, a few ring fit challenges and a tbd amount of just dance for fun.

I think valentine's would be exactly half a year since I made thread so I'll do a progress update then. I am happy with the progress I've made when I compare my numbers now to to my earlier entries. Most of them are NSV which I think is more important than letting a scale, clothing size, or tape measure measure my success.

I walked 14k steps today and I'm honestly exhausted cause it was cold and there was so much snow I had to tread through.

Day # ???
Workout/Rest Day Summary:
Just kinda wanted to post an update since it's been awhile since I've posted on here. I fell off the bus for quite awhile from Nov-Jan due to a lot of personal circumstances in my life. And so because I couldn't work out I shifted my focus to losing weight from diet. As of February 3rd I started taking the gym seriously more than before, and have gone a total of 13 times since then which is a lot for me! I feel like I'm finally reaching the best shape of my life, (which isn't saying too much since I never exercised much prior to this) but it's only going up from here! And I'm super proud of the path I'm heading down and can't wait to watch my body transform. Right now I'm aiming to go to the gym 5 days a week, and I've become pretty addicted to it as of recently. I just hope I can keep it up for as long as possible, to really reap the benefits. As for the c25k I was doing, I can now run for 30 minutes straight, but have yet to really push myself to complete an actual 5k because my pace isn't the best and I just haven't really had running/cardio be my focus. Eventually I would like to complete an actual 5k just to say I did it. But for now I'm mostly doing strength training and maybe occasionally I'll go on a run just to keep that aspect of fitness up a little bit.

I slowed down a bit with working out when I moved into my dorm around Feb 14th but I haven't stopped keeping track of my calories and sugar/protein/carb intake. but now im back into the groove, still working on strengthening/toning my core and doing low impact aerobics, and now I've started doing Tae-Bo as well!

I forgot to weight myself before I ate this morning so I just went ahead and did it after, and I currently weigh around 166-167 lbs! I've made quite a bit of progress since I started!
(when I started I weighed like 181 I think? so I've already lost 15 lbs and now I've got about 20-25 more to go)

I've actually started to receive compliments from some people noticing I've lost weight. feels great :,,,,,D

Back