• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Fitness Check In

Day 1
Workout/Rest Day Summary:
10 Pushups, arm/core training
Short Term Goal:
Be able to do 5 pull-ups without jumping or struggling
Long Term Goal:
Get out of the underweight zone

March update I guess?

Have not been feeling well so have not been consistent and I took a break cause I was sick.

Still roughly using the 20lb dumbbells for my upperbody exercises but went down to 15lb for walking lunges because I lost some grip strength and it's causing an old hand injury to flare up again.

2021 update!

I've been working out five or six days a week. Instead of taking rest days during weekends, I save them for the work week.

I don't follow a specific regime anymore and do a mix of Pilates, weight lifting, and cardio in the form of Ring Fit Adventure. Ring Fit is pretty fun, and I play it at least once per week. Under ideal circumstances, I still prefer doing cardio in the form of H.I.I.T. or playing badminton, but this is good enough for the time being.

I still more or less work the same muscle groups (lower body, chest, arms, abs) as last year. I just don't fix a specific muscle group to a certain day of the week.

I bought a pack of resistance bands and keep one next to my workspace, so I can stretch out a bit throughout the work day. I find it's been a good reminder throughout the day to keep my back straight and shoulders back, especially when I'm working.

March checkup
Started the month doing well at the gym on a daily basis
But now covid is lockingdown everyone again abd ill have to make my whole workout at home.
Im not sure how well is gonna be bur ill do my best to keep ob moving

This is pretty cool. I mostly like going to parks and taking long walks. Yesterday and today I took a 40 minute one. The trail starts going uphill, and the hill elevates the whole first half. Then you turn around and the second half is mostly downhill. I'm off this week so have the time, and I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately, it's going to rain tomorrow and I'm going to brunch and will eat not so great lol

It's very easy for me to gain weight, and very hard for me to lose weight. That's how my metabolism's always been
I was also able to run for several miles at a time, but now I'm in bad shape since I haven't runned in months
Since I'm probably returning to cross-country this summer, I want to try to reach a point where I can even qualify for competitions, but that alone is tough, since I can barely run a slow mile without stopping right now.

okay I'm back with a spectacular update!!

so the whole reason why I started this journey to lose weight was because back in November I bought a really cute pair of palazzo pants from a thrift store but I couldn't get it to button at the waist at all. I had noticed recently that I wasn't able to fit in any of my older jeans as well, I kept having to buy new jeans and dress pants to fit me. I got irritated and finally decided that I would start working out to lose weight and get back to the weight which I was at at the beginning of my Sophomore year of HS, which was around 135 lbs (62.3 kg).

I started out this weight loss journey in mid-December at around 182 lbs (82.5 kg). may not sound too bad but I'm only 5'3". I wasn't visibly fat but I was definitely overweight. three months later, I'm sitting around 163 lbs (73.9kg) which means I've lost almost 20 lbs so far! I met with my dad yesterday cause he was bringing something to my dorm and he commented on how much weight I've lost. I'm really happy with my progress but I'm not done yet; I want to start toning my legs and hips as well, and I still need to lose another 30 lbs. lately I've been slacking a little bit because the pressure of schoolwork is catching up to me and putting a lot of pressure and time constraint on me. Once it starts to lighten up I'll be right back to it. until then I've just been doing lots of crunches and trying to do push-ups.

my big update, however, is an awesome thing I found out today! I tried on those palazzo pants again after... what four months now? they fit my waist perfectly!! there's even a little bit of room in there for me to move, so it's not squeezing my waist at all! so I spent my day today wearing my palazzo pants and a black turtleneck sweater, and it really shows off my new slimmer waist so well! this is the first time I've ever truly made an effort to lose weight so I'm really happy I'm starting to see some results! 🥰 just as well I'm starting to notice that all of my older jeans are fitting again and that the jeans I had bought for myself recently are actually quite loose now (which tbh I absolutely love).

so I'm gonna continue my 1200-calorie diet and hopefully find some time to exercise soon. I can't wait until I finally get back to my target weight!! :0

I've been exercising since April 1st (I'm my own April Fool, lol). Right now I'm doing Chloe Ting's 2 week shred (but at a slower pace because it's kicking my butt - I've been doing more each day though) + Ring Fit Adventure. I'm also trying to keep my diet around 1200 calories. I'm not eating much differently since I already ate quite healthy, I'm just eating less. I don't know what my weight is because Amazon is being slow in getting me my scale that I ordered (not a Prime member), but I should have it by tomorrow. So far things are going well. It's way too soon to notice weight/clothes changes, but I actually am feeling better every day. Already each day I'm able to do more without getting as tired and my form for the exercises is getting better.

I do need to lose weight, but the biggest thing for me is getting my body stronger. I feel like I get winded way too easily and my arms and legs feel so weak. Been wanting to do this for years but I just never really had the motivation. Suddenly late last month I did and decided randomly that April 1st was going to be the day I finally start.

I'm in my 30s. 6'2 around 235. I went to my trail and walked part and jogged part. It wasn't too bad. Just felt it in my back a little and then lots of right side pain as usual lol. Sweat so that's good. I figure now I'll live until at least 50.

I'm making a goal of trying to approach fitness with a much more laid-back, healthier mindset and see if I can keep myself active that way! In the past I've gotten into bad habits of getting too strict/hard on myself, which always wound up with me getting stressed/burnt out and not exercising as a result, which isn't the best for my health.

Day #1
I did a few minutes of stretching, followed by a 15-minute total upper body workout with my 5lb weights.
Short Term Goal:
Progress to 10lb weights and build up stamina!
Long Term Goal:
Some amount of exercise on a fairly regular basis without beating myself up about it. Also... I want to be strong enough to pull off the princess carry someday. ᕙ( •̀ᴗ•́)ᕗ Right now, I have trouble carrying my cats around...

This isn't exactly a fitness update but I have eliminated my daily unhealthy snacking habit. I'm down to treating myself to an unhealthy snack once a week.

Of course now I should probably start eating breakfast and lunch regularly to make up for some of the calories I am missing.. but it's nice to not be craving something sugary every single day

Day #2
Walked for about 20 minutes and got in roughly 1300 steps! Steps were counted using my 3DS, so give or take a little.

Day #3
Rest day; had kind of a rough day and my stomach started bothering me a little, so I decided it was better not to do anything today.

Eh, I kinda fell off... my weightloss didn't stop though. :3 I've been doing daily stationary bike excersices since the 5th, trying to get to 150 minutes of activities per week. I'm a bit lazy, but my legs are a size bigger than my upper body and I really want to get them to the same size because it's awkward. :LOL:

Day #4
Still wasn't feeling 100%, so I did roughly 20 minutes total of some stretching, light exercise, and walking.

Day #5
Started with some stretches as usual and then did a little bit of an upper body workout with my weights. I started feeling super sore after the first set though, so I decided not to push it and called it early.

Day #6
Did my stretches and followed it with a 15 minute full leg workout! There were so many squats... and lunges... and leg lifts... I am exhausted ahaha.

I've been doing exercise 5 days a week so far this month and doing it pretty hard, so my calf muscles have been so sore lately. I decided to take an unplanned rest day (tomorrow was the official rest day) and I might rest tomorrow too. Maybe I've been working too hard. It's just difficult to take a break, even when you're in pain, when you feel motivated and have been putting up with a body you're unhappy with for years. I want to fix this! I just have to accept that it needs to be a slower process than I'd like it to be. :cry:

I've been going to the park a lot. Not so much because I have fitness goals, but more because I've been anxious a lot more lately. So, that's been my go to. I did the 5 mile loop today and it was great. The weather is so beautiful today!

Day #7
Rest day; I was super busy most of the day and just couldn't work exercising into my schedule.

Day #8
Got in 1500 additional steps from a little over twenty minutes of walking!

Day #9
Did some stretching to start with, and then did a 15 minute full upper body workout with my weights. I'm actually really pleased with how I did today; unlike last time when I was too sore to do more than the first set, today I got in all three sets and barely felt it! If this keeps up, maybe I can upgrade to those heavier weights soon! <:

another awesome update!

I just weighed myself and I am now down to 146 lbs, which means I'm finally in the normal BMI range for the first time in about 6-7 years! I'm really proud of how far I've come, my self image has improved tremendously and I feel a lot better too.

along with that, I've got two small updates:
1. I'm drinking a lot more water than I used to, and I've completely cut soda out of my diet,
2. I'm at a point now where i don't have to watch my calories anymore, I just naturally eat less.

I still haven't reached my goal of 135 lbs but I'm so close now! 40 lbs down and only 10 more to go!

Back