• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fishing is harder than I thought

zarf

arf
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
This isn't my first time playing this game but I've gotten so used to fishing in New Horizons, coming back to Wild World after a few years is just... wow... it's on a whole other level. The fish constantly change directions and go under bridges. Sometimes it feels like I press A at just the right moment but they still get away. I used to think I was good at fishing but not anymore lol. It also makes me really appreciate how much easier fishing has become in the new games.

I'm going to take this as a fun challenge. Now to spend the next few days hunting for a coelacanth :d

This isn't my first time playing this game but I've gotten so used to fishing in New Horizons, coming back to Wild World after a few years is just... wow... it's on a whole other level. The fish constantly change directions and go under bridges. Sometimes it feels like I press A at just the right moment but they still get away. I used to think I was good at fishing but not anymore lol. It also makes me really appreciate how much easier fishing has become in the new games.

I'm going to take this as a fun challenge. Now to spend the next few days hunting for a coelacanth :d
Yeah! I HATE fishing in Wild World and especially in City Folk but atleast its easier with the Wii Remote. The older games made fishing REALLY REALLY hard and its sad but it makes it harder and more satisfying to FINALLY catch a fish you wanted!!! One thing I have realized is that New Horizons has made every single mechanic alot easier and fishing suffered that which is why its timing is MUCH more lenient than past games.

I started WW and I was gonna say, fishing is a little more tricky than in new horizons. Honestly, I kinda like it.
I do have to say, the villagers feel more lively. The game feels more quirky with the big heads, little bodies, and goofy music. Or at least it seems goofy and casual to me. The game err inside buildings feel compact and cozy but it doesn't feel small. And 😳 Blathers is huge compared to the character vs the sizes in NH.

i literally thought i was stupid when i was a kid because it took me years to figure out how to fish. 🤣 wild world was my first ac game so i always allotted the struggle to my inexperience, but it’s nice to know it was just difficult in general lmao. it’s def easier in the subsequent games (though that might just be because i know what i’m doing now lol).

I've only played a few select AC games, but I've also played WW and I agree that fishing is stupid hard. I'm so glad that the "fish AI" (the probably-incorrect term I've been using since forever) has gotten better, especially in NH. 😅

I'm not surprised it's hard in WW too. When I played the original Animal Crossing after being so used to NH, I was shocked at how little of a warning it gives you. Barely any vibration and you have to focus really hard to press A at the right time. It might be that I'm playing on the gamecube compatible Wii (with a fake GC controller) but it's still hard. 😭

Back