• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

First Video Game?

Handheld: I don't remember, either Mario Kart Super Circuit or Super Mario Bros 3 for the GBA

Console: Crash Nitro Kart on Xbox.

My first game was probably Kirby's Adventure. The first game I beat was Pokemon FireRed I think..?

Last edited:
Mine was for the PlayStation one and it was called something like abes odyssey? Can't quite remember, but I remember the game itself very well. Loved it

My first video game I played was either Mortal Kombat for Sega or possibly Ready to Rumble for playstation 2. The first system I owned by myself was my gamecube and I had Zelda: Wind Waker and Animal Crossing for it :D

My first video game ever was either Mario Kart 64 or 007: Golden Eye at my neighbour's place. I was, like, 5 or something.

My first system was an SNES that I inherited from my sister. I used to play a lot of Mario games with her, but when I got it for myself the first game that I got really into was Link to the Past. The first game that was actually mine and not my sister's was Pokemon Blue version.

Last edited:
The games that I had consistently when I was very young were Super Mario World, the Mario All-Stars game (which has the four original Mario games), and the SNES game that is Tetris and Dr. Mario two-in-one thing. So it was one of those, but I'm not sure which one, but it was a SNES game and very likely Mario themed.

The original Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. :) I mostly played Gamecube and Gameboy games when I was younger, sometimes N64.

Zhu Zhu Pets for the DS. You had to take care of and race your Zhu Zhu Pets (basically hamsters; the game was based on a popular toy at the time).
The games I got following that were another Zhu Zhu Pets game, several games about fashion and several games about taking care of babies. One about both.
As you can see, I was a very professional and mature gamer back in kindergarten.

The first video game that I actually wanted to play and finished was Pokemon leaf green

I still remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Genesis when I was 4-years-old. :') That was the first game I ever played and I was fascinated. It's thanks to Sonic that I wanna work for a game company sometime in the future.

Back