• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

First favorite villager?

ivanfox13

Bells
Who was your first favorite villager? They don't have to be your current favorite villager. But who was the first Villager that you would start up the game every day to check on? 17 years ago when I was smaller I would play the game every single day to see Peaches the horse. Who was your first favorite?

I started a town many years ago on my brother's GameCube. The very first villager that I fell in love with was Grizzly. He was so rude and cranky and I was determined to make him love me. I talked to him every time I played, did requests for him, sent him letters and gifts. I did win him over and he became my best friend.

Then, my brother sold his GameCube, memory cards and all. So I lost my town and my favorite villager. I didn't want to play another Animal Crossing after that because I knew it wouldn't be the same without my favorite grumpy bear. Then, I found out about New Leaf and the ability to get villagers to move in through Amiibo cards. Now, I own Grizzly's card and he's never allowed to leave my New Leaf town.

on my wildworld, back when i was 11, Purrl made me so happy and i was so happy to see her everyday.

Kiki in GameCube! In the end she unfortunately moved away though. :(
Luckily, she is in my New Leaf town now.

Last edited:
My first favorite villager was midge! She was such a sweetie and I would love it when she came into my house for surprise visits. I was so sad when she moved out. :{

Olivia! Weirdly because she was always mean to me. As a kid I thought that maybe if I talked to her everyday she would start being nicer lol. She's the only villager I really remember from my town now.

Aurora and Rex was mine. I loved them both and I still remember exactly where their houses were in my original animal crossing town on the GameCube. Aurora and Rex are still some of my favorite villagers simply for the nostalgia.

But back in the GameCube days it was because they were cute and the only villagers that wasn’t mean to me lol. I must have had a town full of crankies and snooties because they were mean.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aurora and Rex was mine. I loved them both and I still remember exactly where their houses were in my original animal crossing town on the GameCube. Aurora and Rex are still some of my favorite villagers simply for the nostalgia.

But back in the GameCube days it was because they were cute and the only villagers that wasn?t mean to me lol. I must have had a town full of crankies and snooties because they were mean.

Wolfgang is my favorite, but the first villager I made friends with/spoke to in Wild World was Dora.

Wolfgang was my fourth move-in and became my best buddy throughout every game and town.

Teddy was my first favorite villager. He moved into town a couple of months after I started playing, and I quickly grew very attached to him. I didn't care all that much about the villagers I had in my town prior to that point.

He and Hornsby (who moved in a month or so after Teddy) were my favorites in my original town. I loved chatting with them for hours, until they would get annoyed, but I also started to worry that they might move every time I turned on the game. I ultimately ended up making a new town because the anxiety about the two of them moving became too much to deal with, and really started to kill my love of my town.

Fast forward to ACNL, and Teddy is still my favorite villager. And I have Amiibo cards for both Teddy and Hornsby, so I don't have to worry about the moving issue anymore! I haven't actually moved Hornsby into my ACNL town yet, but I'm considering doing so soon, and I'll likely invite both of them to my ACNH town.

Last edited:
Bluebear was my favourite from the beginning. Still have her in my town to this day and she's still my fave.

I believe it was Paolo! Or Olivia. However, I also loved Gaston, Cube and Ace (If I remember correctly, they were all in the same town back on Gamecube).

My first fav was Cube. He still is. Back when I first played ACWW, I would design shirt only for him, buy him expensive furniture and talk to him every day/night.

Bitty was the first villager I ever talked to. I remember disliking her at first but after a few months she grew on me till she beat out Punchy as my fav. I was utterly devastated when she wasn’t in WW or any future games till the Amiibo update for NL.

I only ever bought one pack of Amiibo cards and I was ecstatic when she was in that pack. 💕

Mitzi was my first because she was the only cute villager in my town at the time. My current fav is Bea, Snake, or Maddie though! Hard choice

My first favourite was Cousteau the frog back in the gamecube days. It was not because he did anything specific or he is something spectacular but rather because my little brother loved him so it was fun to mess around with him when playing together.

I turned on my game a few years back and the old frog is still croaking. It was very pleasant to see him again.

I think for me it was Filbert. He moved into my City Folk town shortly after I started, really close to my player's house. 11 years later, he's still there! He quickly became one of my favorite villagers, and I've had him in all of my towns since (New Leaf and now New Horizons)!

Back