• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Villager of each personality type

Minimasher

Bells
Hey Y'all!

I know this has been done many times before, but I'm keen to know who your favourite villager of each personality type is. (you can tell more than one if you'd like)
Feel free to say why you love that villager too!

Here is my list :)

Normal: Marina, Daisy
Peppy: Wendy, Bubbles, Maddie
Sisterly/Uchi: Deirdre
Snooty: Mint
Cranky: Static, Murphy
Jock: Mac, Biff
Lazy: Ozzie, Moe, Jakey, Jeremiah
Smug: Zell

Normal: Megan
She's the only Normal villager I've ever clicked with. But it's more than that as everything she says makes me smile. From other normals the dialogue is boring. From her it's sweet and cute.

Peppy: Carmen
She's just really cool. Probably the only peppy I really like

Sisterly: pashmina
Really cool and the only sisterly I really like. I enjoy others like Tutu but Carmen is just the one I think I'd be happy with for the long term.

Snooty: Timbra, Cashmere, or Becky
All cool villagers. I'd say Becky is the one I'm bonded most to but I hate her house XD

Cranky: limberg
Hes so cool and cute. I love this guy. Love his colour. His stubble. His house. Everything about him is awesome.

Jock: Tybalt
Hes my favourite villager in the game.
I own a plush of him.
He shares a name with my favourite romeo and juliet character. And my favourite sim to play as in the sims 2.
Hes really awesome.

Lazy: Sherb or Egbert
Sherb is super cute and everything he says makes me happy.
Egbert looks so sad. I just want to hug him and tell him it will all be okay. We will put more jam in the jar for him. It's not all doom and gloom.

Smug: Raymond or Kidd
Raymond is a really cool business man. Didn't think I would love him as much as I do. I actually didn't at first. First time I had him it was in the winter so he wore winter clothes a lot. He lasted about a month on my island.
Found him again on a villager hunt a few months later and took him back because he has no amiibo and I have all amiibos. Second time around I loved him to bits.

Kidd is satanic. He's a goat, with red demon eyes.
But he's also adorable. Easily one of the best villagers in the game.

Tybalt, Megan, sherb, egbert , Raymond, Kidd, and limberg are not only favourites from their personality types, but in my top 10 in the whole game.

Last edited:
Normal: Megan
She's the only Normal villager I've ever clicked with. But it's more than that as everything she says makes me smile. From other normals the dialogue is boring. From her it's sweet and cute.

Peppy: Carmen
She's just really cool. Probably the only peppy I really like

Sisterly: pashmina
Really cool and the only sisterly I really like. I enjoy others like Tutu but Carmen is just the one I think I'd be happy with for the long term.

Snooty: Timbra, Cashmere, or Becky
All cool villagers. I'd say Becky is the one I'm bonded most to but I hate her house XD

Cranky: limberg
Hes so cool and cute. I love this guy. Love his colour. His stubble. His house. Everything about him is awesome.

Jock: Tybalt
Hes my favourite villager in the game.
I own a plush of him.
He shares a name with my favourite romeo and juliet character. And my favourite sim to play as in the sims 2.
Hes really awesome.

Lazy: Sherb or Egbert
Sherb is super cute and everything he says makes me happy.
Egbert looks so sad. I just want to hug him and tell him it will all be okay. We will put more jam in the jar for him. It's not all doom and gloom.

Smug: Raymond or Kidd
Raymond is a really cool business man. Didn't think I would love him as much as I do. I actually didn't at first. First time I had him it was in the winter so he wore winter clothes a lot. He lasted about a month on my island.
Found him again on a villager hunt a few months later and took him back because he has no amiibo and I have all amiibos. Second time around I loved him to bits.

Kidd is satanic. He's a goat, with red demon eyes.
But he's also adorable. Easily one of the best villagers in the game.

Tybalt, Megan, sherb, Raymond, Kidd, Limberg, and Raymond are not only favourites from their personality types, but in my top 10 in the whole game.
Woah I love all your reasons for liking those villagers. Thank you so much for sharing :)

While I realistically have multiple favorites from each personality type, I'll try to choose just one.

Cranky: Wolfgang - he's my #1 favorite villager so this was an easy choice for me. Wolves are my favorite animal and he's been my buddy since New Leaf.
Jock: Boone - I absolutely love his coloring. I'm kind of fond of him specifically because of the lack of love that gorillas get in this series as well. I think gorillas fit the jock personality because of how strong they look.
Lazy: Clay - this was a tough one because I like multiple lazies. Oddly enough I really hate what they did to that personality type in this game (should be considered the "sloppy" personality rather than lazy). I chose Clay because I really like his markings and he's small and it's easy for him to fit into that child-like personality that they have in this game.
Normal: Molly - another really difficult one to choose just one (I actually have 10 different normals on my loved villagers list). I went with molly here because she's just an adorable little duck and every time I see her in game, I cannot help but think "awww, look at the little ducky"
Peppy: Ruby - she's my most loved Peppy. I like the idea of her being a moon bunny and her red eyes are just beautiful!
Sisterly/Uchi :Reneigh- I don't like how too many of the uchi looks, but Reneigh is really cool looking and her appearance really fits the personality of the older sister.
Smug: Marshal - I know I know, half of the world loves him, but who can resist that grumpy little guy walking around
Snooty: Robin - another difficult one because I'm really fond of all 5 of the snooty villagers in my favorites list, but I put Robin here because she is just such a bright and colorful bird. I don't think she gets much attention and I never understood why she wasn't more loved. Birds are absolutely vain little creatures all about appearance so they fit this personality so well.

64px-Joey%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Tutu%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Jambette%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Henry%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Katt%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Gloria%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Static%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Lyman%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

L to R: Lazy: Joey,Peppy: Tutu,Normal: Jambette,Smug: Henry,Ucherly: Katt,Snooty: Gloria,Cranky: Static,Jock: Lyman

these threads are always so cute :) gonna do my favorite and then five other ones i'm partial to

cranky
  • fang is my absolute favorite cranky, his design is pretty basic but it works really well.
  • runner-ups: avery, wolfgang, kabuki, bruce, lobo
jock
  • bam was a villager i randomly took because i liked the white dots on the back of his head. ended up growing on me quick and he's now a permanent resident of mine.
  • runner-ups: snake, genji, tybalt, rudy, goose
lazy
  • filbert i absolutely loved the moment i saw him. his space theme is adorable and i just think he's cute in general. perfect example of an empty brain lol.
  • runner-ups: bob, marcel, sherb, erik, moe or stitches
normal
  • lolly was the first villager i ever saw and my main exposure to animal crossing so she'll always hold a soft spot in my heart. plus her design and name are cute.
  • runner-ups: poppy, skye, lily, vesta, mitzi or kiki
peppy
  • bianca because snow leopards are my favorite animal and i drifted towards her pretty quickly. likely my favorite villager ever at this point.
  • runner-ups: bonbon, dotty, cookie, felicity, ruby
sisterly
  • reneigh was one i was kinda surprised i ended up liking so much. she just has that big sister energy.
  • runner-ups: deirdre, agnes, ursula, tammy, katt
smug
  • zell is honestly such a cool design. his smug aura mocks me and i love it.
  • runner-ups: kidd, raymond, toby, phil, lionel
snooty
  • freya grew on me pretty fast. i just think she's really pretty and i like to imagine her and fang are an old married couple lol.
  • runner-ups: blanche, purrl, tasha, mint, claudia

My favorite villagers

Normal: My favorite is Aurora and always will be. She was one of my first ever villagers. Most of my favorite villagers are penguins.
. I wanted to find Aurora as soon as possible when I got NH. She ended up showing up at the perfect time. It was in Aug last year that she showed up at my campsite on the day I found out when I could take my puppy Aurora home. The person I was adopting her from had already named her Aurora which was the name I was planning on giving her. Penguin Aurora was moved in and wandering my island when brought home puppy Aurora:

Peppy: Sprinkle and Ketchup.

Sisterly/Uchi: Flo

Snooty: Tie between Friga and Cleo. I started to really like Cleo after I found her on a mystery island and now can’t let her go.

Cranky: Static, Hopper

Jock: Roald , Iggly and Kevin

Lazy: Wade, Cube, Dizzy and Joey

Smug: Tex and Cheddar

Some of these are really hard, but some are not.

My favorite Normal villager is Kiki. She has been my BFF since Wild World, been in every single Animal Crossing town I have ever had across all games, and she's my favorite of all time. She just IS Animal Crossing to me. I do have to mention Sylvana as well as an honorable mention. She's my second favorite Normal and in my top 5 overall.

My favorite Peppy villager is Pippy. She was one of my OG Animal Crossing villagers back on my original 2002-era Gamecube town. I never had her in Wild World, City Folk, or New Leaf, but I ran into her on a mystery island early on when New Horizons was released and invited her for nostalgia purposes, intending to let her go eventually. I absolutely fell in love with her and she's snuck up to be my third favorite villager overall. She's so endearing and the fact that she's probably one of the most forgotten villagers in the game makes me love her more.

My favorite Snooty villager is Diana. She was a random campsite villager for me in New Leaf and I love her design. When I was planning my New Horizons island, I chose her to be my third and final repeat villager from New Leaf and I adore her still. Her house, overall design, and personality are so cute.

My favorite Sisterly villager is Agnes. I am so picky with the sisterly villagers. I scanned Agnes in via Amiibo because she's one of the few sisterlies I like and I wanted to have her around for the reactions and DIY recipes you can get from sisterlies. However, I really grew to love her and I've kept her around a lot longer than I planned and she may end up sticking around forever.

My favorite jock villager is Ribbot. Similar to Kiki, he's been in every Animal Crossing town I've ever had. He's also an essential part of Animal Crossing for me and my second favorite of all time. I'm not crazy about jocks, but I will always love Ribbot.

My favorite Cranky villager is Octavian. I like a lot of the crankies overall, but I think Octavian is my favorite. I've always felt attached to him because he's the least popular of the three ocotpus villagers, even though his whole look and personality is so funny to me. (He is also a longtime resident of my Wild World town and was a permanent villager in my New Leaf town.

My favorite Smug villager is Julian. During the New Leaf hype, I HATED Julian. I thought he looked weird and was overrated and I just didn't get it. Fast forward to New Horizons. Guess who was my forced campsite villager? That's right, everyone's fave unicorn! I moved him in with the intent to let him go when he asked, but 17 months later, he's still there and is the villager who has been on my island the longest. He grew on me like a weed. He's so funny and endearing. I may let him go soon but I will then bring him back via Amiibo, so I can reset his wardrobe.

As for Lazy...I don't have a favorite? I like a lot of lazies, but I don't think any one stands out specifically. Some of the lazies I love are Drago, Cole, Hornsby, Biskit, Bones, Stitches, Bob, Weber, and Erik. No specific favorite though.

Cranky - Avery. He was the sweetest in New Leaf. I was genuinely sad when he left without warning, and I laid seashells on the spot where his house had been haha.

Smug - Ken. He was a great comfort following the Avery tragedy. He also seemed super into me on Valentine's day, so he's clearly a guy of great taste haha

Sisterly - It would've been Phoebe if it hadn't been for her terrible interior in NH. Otherwise it's a toss up between Katt and Shari I think. Or maybe even Sylvia as I think the personality suits her design. I can see her being a a tough "soccer mom" type.

Snooty - Annalise. I don't know why, but she always seemed more warm and motherly than most other snooty villagers. I didn't even realise she was Snooty for a while, I don't think.

Lazy - probably Filbert as he was the first ever villager I met. I remember Isabelle suggesting I go and talk to him as he's always nice and friendly, and she was right!

Normal - FLURRY! My absolute fave ever <3

Peppy - Audie as I love her fox-style design and how she got her name.

Jock - Biff. Again, I didn't realise he was a jock at first. I thought he was cranky. Like a reverse Rooney I suppose. Biff just seemed to have more of a personality than other jocks and I don't even know why that would be.

Jock-Teddy (Cousteau a very close second)
Cranky-Rooney (I like boxing)
Lazy-Ozzie (Makes me laugh)
Smug-Shep (was my first Smug villager ever)

Normal-Sandy (I love Ostriches)
Peppy-Carmen (I've had her since City Folk)
Snooty-Timbra (I just like her...she reminds me of a drunk aunt)
Uchi-Paula (Gotta love that snaggletooth)

Oh I love doing this. Although I have multiple favourites for each personality, I will do my all-time favourite for each personality and then some honourable mentions.

Normal- Skye. She has being a favourite of mine for a long time. It wasn't till recently though, that she became my all-time favourite normal villager.

Honourable Mentions- Melba, Molly, Lily, Goldie and Chelsea

Peppy- Rosie. This one wasn't hard. She has always been my favourite peppy ever since I got her in New Leaf. I love her design and I think the peppy personality suits her really well. She's also my favourite cat.

Honourable Mentions- Tangy, Bianca, Chai, Cookie and Merry

Cranky- Wolfgang. Another super easy one. Wolfgang stole my heart a long time ago when I had him in my second New Leaf town. I love how much of a grandpa he is. I feel like he would always be looking out for my other villagers.

Honourable Mentions- Butch, Fang, Roscoe, Chief and Hamphrey

Sisterly- Fuchsia. I don't really get on with the sisterly villagers all that much, but if I had to choose a favourite, it would be this pink queen. I had her briefly on my new island. I used her amiibo card to kick out an auto-fill villager I really didn't like. She wasn't around for long, but I really grew to like her.

Honourable Mentions- Agnes and Deirdre

Jock- Teddy. Jock's are the worst for me, but I do absolutely love Teddy. He's just a big cuddly boy... with muscles xD. I would love to have him again at some point.

Honourable Mentions- Boots, Tad, Dom and Antonio

Lazy- Alfonso. Anybody who knows me on here, knows that this one was obvious. Alfonso sits at number one for lazies and number one out of all the villagers. He is my baby.

Honourable Mentions- Zucker, Erik, Jeremiah, Joey, Stitches and Punchy

Smug- Julian. Another easy choice. I love this glamorous unicorn. His house is also absolutely beautiful. I had him back in New Leaf days as well, so he's special to me for that reason as well.

Honourable Mentions- Henry, Marshal, Chadder and Shep

Snooty- Diana. All snooty villager's are queens. But I think Diana sits at the top. Her design is flawless and she is just wonderful. I have her on my island right now, and I feel like she is the mum of the island.

Honourable Mentions- Judy (Very very close second to Diana), Whitney, Mint, Annalise and Cleo.

oh gosh okay time to see how many villagers i actually remember off the top of my head
smug - Rodney, for obvious reasons. look at him
lazy - quite possibly Beau! i love so many of the lazies (special shoutout to Ozzie, my NL bestie) but i had him on my previous island at one point and i was just completely taken with him, he's adorable
jock - Tad I think! the concept of an incredibly buff frog is amusing to me plus i mean.. look at him
cranky - probably Fang/Dobie
normal - this was probably my hardest category to pick because i genuinely adore so many character designs from this personality, but possibly from recency bias I'm gonna go with Olive or Ellie
snooty - Vivian! was going to name a few but I think i'm cheating by just listing people haha
peppy - used to be Apple but I just don't like her as much in NH as NL - so my current fave would probably be flora
uchi - probably my least favourite personality in terms of character design but I am a fan of Ursala

Every time someone creates this thread, I swear my favorites keep changing.

Cranky - Rolf
Lazy - Punchy, Bob
Jock - Sterling, Rudy, Rod
Smug - Hans
Normal - Maple
Peppy - Agent S
Snooty - Whitney
Uchi - Tammy

Thoughts on why they're my favorites:
  • Rolf's design is cool and he's my birthday buddy.
  • Punchy, Bob and Rudy are the holy cat-rinity for me.
  • Sterling is best eagle.
  • Rod is best mouse. One of my earliest jock villagers.
  • Hans is the funniest villager I ever had.
  • Maple is best girl. Periodt.
  • Agent S really stood out to me the first time I saw her. The female Kid Cat basically.
  • I really like Whitney's design. Also I like wolves.

Lazy: Punchy
Jock: Rudy
Cranky: Probably Wolfgang
Smug: Marshal

Normal: Mitzi
Peppy: Carmen. I didn't care much for Peppys in New Horizons until I met Carmen.
Uchi: Fuschia
Snooty: Ankha

Normal: Caroline, Poppy or Molly

I put Caroline first because she was in my first ever animal crossing town which was on Wild World. I think she is the first villager I ever really liked and want to stay in my town. I'm not really sure why, I was very young, maybe it was her personality type (I still like normal villagers) or her design but I really liked her :) but she did move away from my town, I think it was the first time I got very sad over a villager moving. 😅 Now I know you can convince a villager to stay in Wild World, but maybe I didn't know it before because I was so young (and I don't think my older sister knew it either.)

Poppy and Molly are a close second. Poppy I really liked ever since she moved in my New Leaf town. I thought she had a cute design and also really liked her personality. Poppy still lives on my New Leaf town since at least 5 years ago.

Molly I didn't really like at first, she was in my New Leaf town and though her design was cute, but what happens is she moved to my town after Punchy left, and I really liked Punchy. So I decided whoever moves in after I just won't like, I guess I thought that he had to move to make space for them so it's their fault. But then she moved to my town, and really at first I just wanted the shirt she has ('canary shirt') so I planned to befriend her so she would give it to me (villagers would do that sometimes in older games, or New Leaf at least.) But as I was talking to her for the shirt I liked her too. :) I did get the shirt eventually. She moved away and I was sad.

Deena is a nice one too. She is my sister's favourite in Wild World.

Peppy: Maybe Tutu. I don't like a lot of peppy villager but she was one of the first in my New Horizons town and for that reason I did like her. Even though I let her move away, she was nice. :)

Sisterly/Uchi: Muffy. Muffy was one of my first villagers on New Horizons (her and Jay,) and I still have her on my town. I like her design and I used to not like Uchi villagers as much but since she is in my town I kind of like them more.

Snooty: Gwen. She was in my sister's Wild World town, and now has moved to mine since a while ago. Though my sister didn't play Wild World for more than 10 years probably, sometimes Gwen mentions my sister and it's a nice reminder of when my sister and I used to play together often. (My sister is in University and working now but sometimes we play Mario Party and other games still.)

Cranky: Gaston, Kabuki
My sister likes Gaston since he moved to her town in Wild World because his catchphrase ("mon chou,") so I also like him.

Kabuki because he was in the City Folk town my sister and I shared, at first were afraid of him and want him to move away, but the day he was moving we spoke to him and he came across as a cute old man and we felt bad. I like him since them.

Sven, Dobie, and Billy are all cute too. I think I never had them in my town but "old" villagers are so cute. :)

Jock: Bill, Scoot, Genji.

Bill first since he is also in my Wild World town for so long, and I find him cute. :) He was also one of my first favourite villager (Caroline, Moe and him.) Scoot and Genji I only saw in New Leaf, they lived in my town. I liked all of them as well.

Oh also Jay since he is one of my starting villagers in New Horizons.

Lazy: Moe, Punchy, Filbert, Boomer

Moe was another of my first ever favourite characters. He was in my Wild World town - before my sister and I even had City Folk I think - and he is still there. I like his personality and find him cute.

Punchy was one of my favourite since he was in my New Leaf town. He moved one day and I was so sad I went and told it to my sister how sad I was 😅 (one thing I'm happy for in New Horizons is no villagers moving without asking!)

Filbert was from the City Folk town my sister and I share, last time I went on it he is still there. He is just very cute!

Boomer was on my New Leaf town for a bit. I don't know why I really liked him, I think he was cute too. I saved up to buy the holographic earth item from T and T emporium for his birthday gift (it fit his New Leaf house.) He moved away on my New Leaf town though. :(

Smug: Marshal, Zell, Lionel, O'Hare

I had all of them from my New Leaf town. That's pretty much it for them, I like their design and personality. Lionel seems like he might be old which is cute, and O'Hare has a nice hat :) none live on my New Leaf town now, but my sister has Marshal I think (and maybe Zell.)

(Also I just found out now that O'Hare has orange teeth? I did not know before. I searched him to ensure he is a smug villager and read that. Someone said he is a chocolate bunny and that's why.)

Not so surprisingly…
Normal: Goldie
Peppy: Maddie
Sisterly/Uchi: Cherry
Snooty: Portia
Cranky: Butch
Jock: Mac
Lazy: Bones
Smug: Shep

Cranky - Cyrano, my best friend in Wild World. Honorable mention is Bruce.

Jock - Bam, just really great. Honorable mentions are Antonio and Roald.

Lazy - Cranston, he's my village idiot. Honorable mentions are Benedict, Bob, Bones, Cranston, Felyne, and Stitches.

Smug - Marshal, because he's Marshal! Honorable mentions are Eugene and Zell.

Sisterly - Muffy, the villager I really want to move onto my island. Honorable mentions are Agnes, Canberra, Cherry, and Fuchsia.

Normal - Melba, my favorite villager! Honorable mentions are Annalisa, Aurora, Bertha,Stella, Sydney, and Vesta. Dishonorable mention is Marcie, my enemy.

Peppy - Tangy, second-favorite villager and so cute! Honorable mentions are Anabelle and Anabelle.

Snooty - No clear favorite. Either Ankha, Baabara, Diana, Judy, Julia, Willow, or Yuka.

Back