• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite villager from each personality?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
All the personalities are great, I mean we do have those that we may not be as big as a fan as others
ᴾᵉᵖᵖʸ

But per personality, who are your favorite villagers in each category;

Honestly can't firmly decide on which male villager I love, since I've had adventures, moments, and bonds with all of them.
--
Smug: Marshal, Raymond, Lopez. I love Lopez's eyeliner, reminds me of my own.

Cranky: Cheif, Static, Bruce. I love Cranky, I love drawing my Crankies, I had huge bonds with them. Static was the first cranky I ever had, but I can't pick just one

Lazy: Sherb, and Filbert! I love both of these derpy boys, and sketching them together is fun. Since their friends in game

Jock: Kid Cat, and Genji. I love Kid Cat, hes my favorite! But I can't say Genji isnt a favorite either. Because hes grown on me so much, I thought he was cranky at first, but in general I love him. Snake is also a favorite. If we can ever add more villagers, I'd add Snake to my island

Peppy: Bunnie, honestly the first villager I ever knew about, my pick for the Wii U game too. Shes such a cutie, I even have a plush of her. Agent S is growing on me

Snooty: Mint! I love Mint, I'm so excited to have her in my side village! Snooty is probably my favorite female personality. Blair is probably second

Sisterly: Pashmina, I've never really connected with Sisterly, I like the male alternative better. But I had her for the longest amount of time. I'd love to have Hazel, but the game refuses to give me her, for my side island -3-

Normal: Poppy, she's my squirrel queen in Pocket camp, and I've had some interesting adventures with her. Sylvana is definitely a close second

Edit: HAHA HOW DATED THIS IS XD I am going to update this later!

Last edited:
Smug: Raymond is up there, but I'd say that my favorite has to be Julian! I'm also quite fond of Kidd because of Pocket Camp, and Shep is on my island, so he's growing on me.

Cranky: All of the cranky wolves. I LOVE cranky villagers. Dobie is my favorite of the wolves, and Octavian and Cyd are also up there!

Lazy: Sherb as well, but Zucker was my favorite until NH!

Jock: Roald. Roald for sure. I love the li'l penguin. He was one of my starters on AC for the Gamecube ^^

Peppy: Probably either Audie or Felicity, but if you're talking about the special villagers from NL, I love Cece! She and Viché are must-haves for my town.

Snooty: Either Whitney or Judy! I was tempted to get Whitney in my new NH island, but I have way too many wolves as it is, currently having 3 of the crankies and planning on getting the other two ^^;

Sisterly: Ursala, I just love the non-peppy female bear villagers for some reason. They just look so cuddly!

Normal: Megan. I fell head-over-heels in love with Megan on my first island, and I'm praying that I can get her back on my current one! Though, I do have Marina, who's a close second!

Normal: Fauna, I think her colour scheme and design are really cute, while her personality always makes her seem warm and welcoming, and she quickly became my favourite villager in the game after I met her in NL.

Snooty: This one is really hard as I love a lot of snooty villagers but my favourite is probably Diana, her design is really pretty and she seems like a very elegant villager. Honourable mentions go to Judy, Vivian, Freya, Whitney and Portia who are also some of my favourites.

Cranky: Wolfgang, probably my second favourite villager in the game for his great colour scheme, personality and design. The wolves are my favourite overall species so I have a soft spot for all other cranky wolf villagers.

Smug: Another tricky one as I really like Marshal and love Julian's colour scheme and design but my favourite smug is Raymond due to my love of cats, his slight resemblance to one of my own pets and his cool design.

Peppy: This one often changes but my current favourite is Rosie, her design is really pretty and she's quickly become a favourite on my island. Honourable mentions to Peanut who was my favourite villager in WW, as well as Bunnie, Felicity and Merry for their cute designs.

Lazy: Sherb, his design is relatively plain but I think he's cute and I really like his pastel blue colour scheme. A very close runner up for this spot is Erik as he's another lazy that I think has a very sweet design.

Sisterly: Probably Pashmina, she's quite plain but still very sweet and I love the colour of her horns, with honourable mentions to Fuchsia (just wish she wasn't so bright), Cherry and Reneigh.

Jock: Poncho as I like his design and he seems like a cute villager, though I do really like Kody and Bam too for their bright blue colouring.

Something like this I suppose

Lazy: Punchy
Jock: Rudy
Cranky: Wolfgang
Smug: Marshal

Normal: Mitzi
Peppy: Carmen
Uchi: Fuschia
Snooty: Ankha

This is going to be tough 😅.

My favorites are:
Lazy: There are so many lazies that I find are cute. Two and three always change since I think I like a bunch pretty equally since I never had them. I will limit this list to three. #1 - Punchy - my best friend forever in AC. #2 - Claude - I think his expression is great and he’s really cute; bonus: he shares his name with one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters and now I am considering finding him eventually and invite him (maybe be a permanent resident; I don’t have his amiibo card sadly). #3 Hornsby or Cole - Hornsby is so darn cute and Cole is cute and creepy but I love him; bonus: he shares the name with a character from DAI and the Dragon Age novel Asunder.

Jock: So many cute jocks! Will have to limit my list to 3. #1 Rudy: so glad I gave him a chance and had him as my starter; never gave him any thought before. His expressions are just the most adorable thing ever I think his design is clever and interesting; bonus: he’s a cat! #2 Dom - I initially didn’t like his eyes but I grew to love him; sadly I grew to love him more after he moved out of my island. I definitely plan on finding a new dom one day to invite to permanently stay (first I want to cycle a bit longer). #3 Frobert & Drift - I like them about the same. Their colors are just so nice and they’re both adorable cuties. I got attached to them while designing their houses in HHD.

Smugs: #1 Raymond & Marshal - I cannot choose between the two. They both have their charms. I love their grumpy expressions, Raymond’s toothy grin, Marshal’s poofy tail and pink cheeks, Raymond’s ears/paws/tail (how they’re black). Also love Marshal’s catchphrase 😊.#2 Rodney - went from being one of my least liked villagers to one of my favorites in the last several months. He is extremely fun to dress up and has cute expressions. #3 Maybe Lopez - Always have been interested by his design. There are a couple others who I like as well or am interested in.

Snooty: #1 Ankha - my favorite. I absolutely love her design, theme, and bonus: she’s a cat. #2 Tasha - I love her design and am extremely interested in her. I also love Pecan and Blaire, but Tasha I love a bit more. #3 Judy - I initially didn’t like her because of her eyes and not a fan of pastel, but now I appreciate them all after having her on my island for months. I do wish snooties were a bit snootier and mean (and crankies crankier and mean lol).

Cranky: #1 - Roscoe: Design wise he’s my number one, however I hate the cranky singing voice and that he has the music hobby. I am extremely interested in Static but he has the music hobby :/. #2 Gaston: was one of my starters in NL and i initially didn’t like him but I grew to love him with stache and all. Can’t see him without that stache; I miss having him. It’s a shame how bad the interior of his house looks. #3 Spike - I like his design and he reminds me a lot of @Hobowire who used to always have him in his avatar.

Uchi: #1 Frita - I love her design. I had her in NL but I don’t remember how I felt about her aside from her design. #2 Hazel - I initially didn’t like her but now am interested in her and appreciate even her unibrow; her catchphrase is extremely adorable too. #3 Agnes or Reneigh: I have Reneigh now but haven’t spent a lot of time with her and haven’t formed an opinion aside from liking her design. I have been interested in Agnes almost as long as I have been interested in Hazel. I initially wasn’t interested in any pig villagers but that changed thanks to the screenshots I’ve seen and hearing other people’s opinions and experiences with them :).

Normal: #1 Kiki & Lolly - both remind me of a late cat of mine (two - one was my sister’s but we raised her with her sister until my sister moved out with her). I used to not care much for Kiki but then I adopted her in NL and grew to love her and even her squished looking nose which I guess I didn’t like before. I love cats so much. I had plans to have both but not enough room and I keep finding others I want to have temporarily or permanently. #2 Lily - she was a starter who I found on a mystery island. I thought she was cute but planned on letting her move eventually. I ended up becoming attached and considered keeping her but i still wanted Lolly and also there was a flea in her house and the starter furniture that I did not want. #3 Poppy or Pekoe - so many cute normal villagers. These two have been standing out a lot to me because of their cute designs.

Peppy: #1 Rosie and Merry - still am not sure who I like more. In NL I liked Rosie more, but since I got Merry first in NH, I had more time to bond with her and grew to like her a lot more too. I love both of their designs. #2 So many cute peppies. Had I not invited Puddles and saw she had a different vibe from the one in NL, I’d put her as my second choice since she was one of my BFF even though initially I didn’t like her either (she was my starter). But now, I pick maybe Dotty or Felicity for #2 and 3. Dotty I vaguely remember having her in one of the older AC games but I don’t remember anything else aside from having her. Felicity, I like her eloquent appearance and vibe.

Okay let's see.

Cranky: Wolfgang

Snooty: Ankha/Olivia

Peppy: Rosie!

Lazy: Zucker/Stitches

Sisterly: Tammy/Reneigh

Normal: Marina/Coco/Maple/Pekoe/June

Smug: Marshal

Jock: Antonio/Dom

The Normal type keeps hogging all the cutest designs. That's my main complaint when it comes to villagers' looks.

Last edited:
Jock - Tybalt
Lazy - Egbert and or Sherb
Smug - Raymond or Kidd
Cranky - Limberg

Normal - Megan
Sisterly - Pashmina
Snooty - Becky
Peppy - Carmen

Normal
Rhonda or Savannah, but also honourable mentions to Megan, Goldie and Maple.

Peppy
Patty - I absolutely love Patty the cow. Several people have told me they don't like her, and I don't get it at all. 💜

Uchi/sisterly
Agnes ❤ ACNH starter and favourite villager

Snooty
Ankha, Astrid and Opal are all cute, but I haven't really had a snooty villager. I did have Eloise for a while, but I had no idea she was snooty until now!

Jock
Louie ❤ ACNH starter and favourite villager

Lazy
I don't have a lazy villager, but Bones is quite cute.

Cranky
I loved Apollo and Curt on Pocket Camp. I've also been thinking of inviting Walt to my camp, and might try him out.

Smug
I haven't had Shep, but I think his design is cute.

Peppy: Ketchup 🍅
I love the ducks, they look so small and adorable (especially when they naruto run). I love her design, the music in her house and everything about her!

Smug: Colton 🐴
My NL bestie - he completely won my heart.

Jock: Genji 🐰 and Scoot 🦆
Genji has been following me around for a while - we always cross paths. And Scoot is just too cute not to be mentioned.

Lazy: Cube 🐧, Felyne 🐈, Stitches 🧸
Cube was my favourite villager as a kid and still holds a special place in my heart. Felyne didn’t make it to NH and I miss him sorely. Stitches is so bright and colourful, seeing him always cheers me up.

Snooty: Mint 🐿, Diana 👑
I just love mint 💁🏻‍♀️ and Diana embodies the perfect snooty for me - even though I’ve never had her.

Cranky: Static ⚡
he’s perfection.

Uchi: Fuchsia 💓
While her colour scheme is a bit hard on the eyes, I can’t not love her. All pink house with rock music playing? Iconic.

I have a few favorites from each personality. I have or had most of these villagers on my islands.

Lazy : Wade , Cube and Joey

Normal: Aurora , Molly and Lolly

Cranky: Hopper , Fang and Dobie

Peppy: Sprinkle, Tangy and Ketchup

Jock: Roald, Sly and Buck

Smug: Tex and Marshal

Snooty: Mint and Whitney

Uchi: Flo and Phoebe

So…I just am unable to narrow it down that much, I love villagers generally and have about 75 favorites or something, so my top (3-5) of each personality are (in bold is who I think my favorite favorite is, as of right now at least):

jock: stinky, hamlet, Genji, flip, antonio
Uchi: plucky, Deirdre, Agnes, Reneigh,
Lazy: Weber! But Paolo, Cole, Wade, and Rex are also very great (and clay and Simon and I know that is way too many!)
Peppy: Tabby, Bangle, Freckles, Apple, Bubbles
Normal: deena, Maggie, Sydney, flurry (can’t decide who I like most of these.)
Smug: Rodney far far outshines the competition, but runners up would be Graham, and lopez
Snooty: Soleil, Timbra, willow, Judy, miranda
Cranky : ike is the best. Hamphrey and cyd are also great

Oh, this is going to be hard! Ok let's see...

Smug: Marshal, Raymond, Lopez.
Honorable mention - Julian - he's on my 2nd island and I'm actually coming around to him way more than I thought I would.

Normal: Fauna, Lolly, Flurry.
Honorable mention - Ellie

Peppy: Chrissy, Audie, Bubbles
Honorable mentions - Rosie, Ketchup

Snooty: Francine, Julia, Ankha
Honorable mentions - Diana, Blaire, Elise

Jock: Antonio, Goose, Kid Cat
Honorable mention - Bill

Lazy: Erik, Bones, Beau
Honorable mention - Cranston

Cranky: Wolfgang, Fang, Apollo
Honorable mention - Monty

Sisterly: Reneigh, Phoebe, Muffy
Honorable mention - Diva

normal - poppy, lolly, mitzi
peppy - bianca, felicity, bonbon
sisterly - ursala, deirdre, agnes
snooty - freya, blanche, tasha
cranky - fang, lobo, wolfgang
jock - bam, snake, genji
lazy - filbert, marcel, bob
smug - zell, raymond, kidd

Oh no, this is hard. I'm gonna do a few per category because I cannot pick just one 😅

Lazy- Alfonso, Zucker, Papi, Stitches.

Peppy- Rosie, Tangy, Audie, Chai, Cookie.

Normal- Skye, Lily, Molly, Gayle.

Smug- Julian, Henry, Chadder, Marshal.

Sisterly- Fuchsia, Pashmina, Reneigh.

Cranky- Wolfgang, Dobie, Butch, Hamphrey.

Snooty- Diana, Judy, Mint, Whitney.

Jock- Boots, Dom, Bill, Cousteau, Sly, Teddy.

Too many to list. I'll try my hardest to narrow it down.

Cranky - Rolf, Lobo
Jock - Sterling, Rudy
Lazy - Punchy, Bob
Smug - Hans

Peppy - Agent S
Uchi - Tammy
Normal - Maple
Snooty - Tasha

Lazy - Bones!! My sweet boy. My oldest Animal Crossing friend. He is also very closely tied with Ozzie. You’ll see this reoccurring trend of me loving every koala ever lol.
Cranky - It’s a 3 way tie between Fang who was in my game cube town, Lobo who i’ve kept in my town/islands since New Leaf, and Dobie who really seems like a sweet old man. I also really love Gonzo. I love pretty much all of the kolas though!
Jock - Coach and Rudy! I adopted Coach accidentally from another town in New Leaf and he really grew on me over time and then I was so surprised and happy to see him as a starter on my island! It’s like he came with me! And Rudy is just so cute🥰
Smug - I really can’t stand the Smugs, but there are a couple I vibe with. Pietro. I love clowns! I'm also going I say Beardo for obvious reasons.

Normal - Melba, again I love koalas. They are one of my favorite animals irk and that spills over into AC. I also really love Fauna, Lolly, and Maple. To me those last three are all 10/10s. I would gladly take any of them!
Uchi - Shari!! She’s great and so quirky and her and Lobo are practically married in my AC games so I can’t imagine having one without the other. She’s hilariously adorable.
Snooty - Portia. She’s just such a classy gal. She always has lovely things to say and i love how prim and proper she is compared to my other villagers.
Peppy - ehh. I don’t know if I have a favorite Peppy villager. I have Ruby who i have grown quite fond of. Bunnie is also one of my favorite villagers appearance wise.

Those are my favorites right now, they change kinda often though depending on season, current island theme, and if i spend any time with them.

Jock: Pierce, Bam, Rudy and Bill. They all look cute and I can tolerate the horrible conversations revolving around fitness with them.
Normal: Lolly, Poppy, Sylvana, Molly, Maple, Bea, Goldie, Fauna, Kiki, Mitzi, Melba…yeah, I love almost every normal villager. Not so much for their personality, because they are quite bland but definitely for their looks.
Snooty: Olivia, Witney, Freya,Julia, Blanche. Snooties used to be one of my fav personality, but now they feel just like a posher version of normals.
Smug: O’Hare is my top one, but I really like Raymond too. I like Marshall for the look.
Peppy: Flora, Rosie, Bunnie,Chrissy, Bianca and merry
Lazy: I hate the personality but I like Bones, Erik, Beau, Bob, Stitches and Ozzy.
Cranky: my favorite personality so I love almost every single cranky villager but especially Chief, Wolfgang, Lobo, Fang, Kabuki and the cranky koala but I don’t remember his name.
Uchi: I hate their looks bur the personality can be fun and if I had to choose I’d say Pashmina, Cherry, Phoebe and Katt.

Back