Favourite niche game?

Oooh, speaking of last games released on consoles, the GBA version specifically of Spyro: The Eternal Night. It’s a short and sweet metroidvania, the sprites and music are awesome, the combat is fluid and has cool abilities to push and pull enemies around. I really just wish there was more of it, but that’s overlooked as hell.

Does Cavern of Dreams count as niche? It sweeps the floor with the rest of the n64-style platformers IMO. The demo of Zera: Myths Awaken was similarly awesome, but I don’t think that game is ever coming out at this point.

Windowkill came out this year and I don’t think anything will top it as my GoTY. It’s a twin-stick shooter with a unique gimmick and… easier to watch it than explain it, so I’d just say look it up.

Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times for the Nintendo DS. This is a game in the Animal Crossing style with a town that runs on a 7 day a week, 24 hour day cycle with various villagers and items to collect, but with a major twist.

I completely agree with this, I LOVE Magician's Quest/Enchanted Folk! From what I understand the game has gotten a few sequels but they've never been localised :( I was really hoping the Switch installment would get released outside of Japan given the success of ACNH.

For the playstation 2, Shadow Hearts: Covenant was mine as well as Shadow Hearts (I played the second one first and later found the first shadow hearts by chance in a gamestop). Not a lot of people that I know have heard of the game. I love the protagonist and how the game is set around the time of WWI. The cutscenes and graphics are really good for a ps2 game. The story and gameplay is fantastic and so is the voice over.

Everything else I’ve played I think most people have heard of.

my mind jumped right to Petz Catz 2 (specifically the PS2 version), because it's nothing at all like other Petz games and I still love playing it even now. I was into pet sims as a kid and I'm sure my mom got me this game without realizing what it actually was, but it ended up being one of my favourite games I've ever played 😄

too bad I don't know anyone who also has experiences and memories of it rip

my mind jumped right to Petz Catz 2 (specifically the PS2 version), because it's nothing at all like other Petz games and I still love playing it even now. I was into pet sims as a kid and I'm sure my mom got me this game without realizing what it actually was, but it ended up being one of my favourite games I've ever played 😄

too bad I don't know anyone who also has experiences and memories of it rip
I had the Dogz version of this game as a kid! I don't think I ever finished it, but I remember my friends and I being obsessed with it. It's a cute little game! 😁

trails games in general. banger after banger after banger
I wouldn't necessarily go as far to call it that, im on falcord and i can tell you literally thousands of thousands of fans are there as well as a bunch of other, interesting stuff that goes on there to say the least lol.

We've also got a whole bunch of falcom games brought over to as well like nayuta and a new xanadu game too coming out.

We've also got a whole bunch of falcom games brought over to as well like nayuta and a new xanadu game too coming out.

i heard about them making a new tokyo xanadu game, i have ex+ but i haven't gotten around to playing it yet. mostly i've been waiting for a decent port of kuro 2 on steam 🤠

Back