• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best and worst squirrel villagers

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
By now, there are 22 squirrels total, but only 19 in New Horizons. The list of ACNH squirrels are:
  • Agent S
  • Blaire
  • Cally
  • Caroline
  • Filbert
  • Hazel
  • Ione
  • Marshal
  • Mint
  • Nibbles
  • Peanut
  • Pecan
  • Poppy
  • Ricky
  • Sally
  • Sheldon
  • Static
  • Sylvana
  • Tasha
What is your favorite of the squirrel villagers? And what’s your least favorite? You can also do top three/top five and bottom three/bottom five.

The squirrel villagers are probably my third favorite species behind the cats and deer! Good thing we can do lists, because I'm stuck on the top two:

Favorites:
  • Filbert
  • Caroline (very underrated IMO)
  • Peanut (+ Filbert = 👫?)
  • Nibbles (had her in New Leaf, and surprisingly never really mentioned to anyone)
Least Favorite:
  • Uhhhhh, none of them??? The worst I can say about some of them is that they're not ugly, so there's that!

Probably my favorite species. They're all adorable! My favorites are:

• Filbert. I liked him a lot, then stopped. Then he moved into my Wild World town and I started to remember why I liked him in the first place.
  • Peanut. She's also adorable.
  • Mint. Another Wild World villager. She was in my town for a pretty long time and she's definitely one of my favorite snooties.
  • Sally. She's on my New Horizons island right now. She's also pretty cute.
  • Static. A pretty decent cranky who's also on my island.
Hmm, is there anyone I didn't mention? Oh yeah, there’s Marshal. Yeah, he's cool, I guess. Honestly, for every squirrel villager, I could just say I like them because "they're cute", but come on. What else do I say? That really does describe them. I mean, what other species has two Splatoon inspired villagers? Octopus? Oh yeah. Well, besides them? Kit, a Japanese GameCube exclusive, who you can also apparently only get with an e-reader card (making him all the more obscure) is a cool villager who I'd be happy to see return in the future. Even Hazel is cute. I know that might be pretty unpopular, but still. Sheldon's probably my least favorite, not that he's ugly. He just looks the… least cute out of all of them. I've definitely used the word "cute" too much, so I'll just end it here.

My favorite: Caroline
Other Squirrels I like most: Marshal, Agent S, Peanut, and Blaire

Squirrels have been one of my favorite Animal Crossing species since I started playing Animal Crossing. But that’s because right around the time I started playing Animal Crossing, SpongeBob was my top interest (and yes, Sandy was my favorite character at the time, she’s still the only fictional squirrel I like over Caroline). The very first squirrel I had was Peanut, the peppy squirrel. She was my favorite villager at the time I first played.

I also noticed that this is a female dominant species. There’s only five male squirrels.

the squirrel villagers are so precious! i honestly like too many of them to have just one favourite hehe, but if i had to choose my #1, i’d say it’s probably ione! her design is so, so unbelievably gorgeous— her colour scheme is so pretty to me, and her hands, feet and insides of her ears being able to glow in the dark is so cool! i also love her house interior design! she’s definitely one of the best new villagers imo, she’s so lovely 💙

my runner-up faves are poppy, marshal, and hazel! i’ve had the pleasure of having all 3 of them at least once (though i don’t think hazel liked me very much in new leaf; she was asking to move out every week since she first moved in LOL), and they’re all such cuties! poppy and marshal are forever simple but adorable babies, and hazel’s “uni-wow!” catchphrase will never not be iconic!

i wouldn’t say that he’s the worst squirrel villager, but the only one i’m not fond of or partial to in any way is agent s. she’s not a bad villager at all, nor is her design bad— i’m just not really a big fan of the superhero villagers other than kid cat and big top. i wouldn’t mind having her on my island or in a future animal crossing game one day, i’m just not a big fan of her currently 😅

You only listed the ones in New Horizons, but honestly my favorites are Cece and Viché from New Leaf. (Though that's probably because my favorite characters in general are Callie & Marie)
Other favorites:
Ione
Marshal
Hazel
Peanut
Filbert
Poppy
Static
Sylvana
Mint

Actually, the more I look at the squirrels, the more I realize I like them. I can't even pick a least favorite because none of them stand out as "bad" enough. Also, the only squirrels I've actually had before are Hazel, Filbert, Cece, and Viché. The list would probably get longer if I met the squirrels I didn't mention.

I think the squirrels are one of the better species in the game. It's hard to pick faves, but mine would be:

Sheldon - my original jock starter, I think he's cool
Caroline - agree with her being underrated
Conker Kit - Bring him back already Nintendo
Ione - Love the soft stars
Sylvana - I know most people think Molly is the best Autumn-style villager, but I think that title belongs to Sylvana

In terms of least favourite.... I don't know. I guess Agent S, because I'm not fond of any of the superhero villagers (just don't care for the helmets, I'm sure without them, I'd like all of the superhero villagers).

Although not a villager, I think Shaki/Crisp could have been an interesting NPC, too. Shame she got cut.

Can we all just agree that every squirrel villager is special and cool in their own way? I cannot think of one single ugly squirrel villager, or one that comes close!

The only one that's debatable, however, is Nibbles in the N64 game only. Her teeth back then were half the size of her face! Thankfully, they got smaller, and she looks adorable now!
This is Nintendo's cue to add a squirrel villager that has humongous teeth, tiny eyes and an ugly color palette

Favorites:
Static, Filbert, Ione, Sylvana, Cally, Poppy, Hazel, Ricky, Mint, Nibbles, Blaire, Kit, and Marshal

Least Favorites:
Peanut, Caroline, Sally

All of the other ones are okay.

Still liked Marshal since NL but Ione has definitely topped the list for me now, as she won me over with her overall theme. I sure didn't expect her to be a gamer/streamer, let alone one who also wants to be a diva and likes both cool and cute things. Between those and her glow-in-the-dark features, she really is a well-thought villager to me, and it's the thought that counts.
Also, Tasha and Caroline are both underrated. I personally think Tasha looks the best out of the snooty squirrels (sorry Blaire).

Favorites: Poppy, Peanut, Ione, Pecan, Caroline, Hazel, Marshal, Tasha, Static, Blair, Filbert, Mint
Neutral: Cally, Nibbles, Sylvana, Sally
Least favorite: Agent S, Sheldon, Ricky

My favorite Squirrel villager is Tasha. I really like Tasha's design with her black and white fur color scheme and her orange eyes, and I like how her house looks in New Horizons, though I've never had her as a resident in any games yet since she hasn't fit any of the themes yet. Maybe in whatever mainline game comes out next?

I'm also particularly fond of Blaire, Pecan, Ione, and Static. Pecan has probably my second favorite design amongst the Squirrels. I had Blaire in the GameCube game and have affection for her as such, plus I like her design. Ione's galactic tail is really eye-catching, and so is Static's purple fur with the neon yellow accents. To a lesser extent than the others, I also like and will give a mention to Agent S; I like the superhero villagers, she looks neat and I like her grey fur but her lack of a nose kind of bugs me.

My least favorite Squirrel is probably Cally, I guess. I don't dislike her strongly, but the eyes looking up diagonally is something that bugs me. I don't even like the stylistic choice for our player characters' eyes, I wish there were more options for eyes that face forward.

So far my favorite is Blaire by a hair. I just really like her design and I find her catchphrase super cute (nutlet).
My top 3 are Blaire, Sally, Tasha.
I really like how chill Sally seems to be even though others may call her plain. Her catchphrase is also really cute (nutmeg). She probably drinks alot of hot chocolate and teas and things. She may move to the top after I actually have her on my island/town sometime. And Tasha is like a fancier version of Blaire and her eyes are awesome.
I greatly dislike Agent S. My least favorite will probably change as I meet more squirrels in the future. I don't foresee myself liking Ricky, Peanut or Nibbles for example but I could be wrong I guess.

My top squirrels are Nibbles,Blaire,and Sheldon. I had Nibbles in New Leaf,and I have Sheldon and Blaire in New Horizons. I also love Marshal. I saw him in Happy Home Paradise and I was like OMG and I made a vacation house for him and I posted the pictures on Nookea with the caption this is going to be very popular.

Squirells are a nice specie. I appreciate most of them, but there are my three favorites:
- Marshal
- Poppy
- Static.
Special mention to Agent S with her unique appareance!

I don't like Sheldon and Ricky.
Nibbles is cute as well with her little theet and her beautiful colour!

My favorites are Hazel, Ricky, Poppy, and my favorites as a pair are Mint and Filbert (who were absolute besties in my City Folk town). Least favorite is probably Marshall, I always thought he looked kind of mean.

I think their all adorable, I think Ive had almost all of them at least once on Animal crossing on my past second islands. Like my lady squirrel island I had:

Tasha, Sally, Sylavanna, Hazel, Mint, Blair, Pecan, Caroline, Nibbles, and Agent S

I actually love Pecan, she reminds me so much of Lopez. They would be besties.

I had Poppy on my old island and well. Not the biggest fan. But shes still cute.

They were all super cute, and its was cute getting to know them. I honestly think the only squirrel I haven't interacted with is Cally. Because I had all the male squirrels on my old island for a bit too. Along with Peanut

Sylvanna was my normal girl on my all male rabbit island till I let her go :,)

Sally, Sylvanna, Filbert, Ione, Nibbles
Were all on Fugiree at one point, Sally taught me all the normal reactions, cause shes a star. Filbert was my Lazy boi for years. It was so sad letting him go. Sylvanna was around with Sally. She's such a cutie and was a runner for a latest project.
Craig found Nibbles on an island, Interacted with her alot more on my female squirrel island the Fugiree.

Im quite a big fan of the squirrels, though I only have two right now, Marshal and Static, who are basically OG villagers. Since Ive never changed them since inviting them at the very beginning.

I think my top squirrels would be,
Sylvanna, Sally, Marshal, and Static.

Last edited:
Favorite
- Hazel
She's ugly-cute, by which I mean very cute. She was my first Uchi villager, so her warm and supportive personality really left and impression on me. I miss her, because she did move away eventually. I put up a pwp in her honor once she left.
Least favorite
- Mint
she keeps changing my roof color in cgn lmao

382983640_677332164361135_9095459437578650988_n.jpg
322736019_854394372453228_3555908799075552200_n.jpg

243519636_238425481585141_3973192198066970224_n.jpg
294455251_419280580166296_7180349813970269326_n (1).jpg

EZxklY8UwAAVFXk.jpeg

These are my New Horizons squirrels.I'd have more if I could......a lot more.Top row: Sheldon,Nibbles Middle row: Static & Marshal,Sally
Bottom row: Filbert

In past AC games I've also had Peanut,Hazel,Pecan,Cally,Cece,Viche' and Sylvana.I like all the squirrels....even Ricky.

My favorite ACNH squirrels are Mint, Tasha, Static, and Ione. If I had to pick just one, then I'd go with Mint. I also really like Nibbles, Caroline, Blaire, Filbert, Marshal, Sylvana, and Sally a lot! Ricky and Sheldon are probably my least favorite squirrels

Back