• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Princesses?

you know i gotta call out my girl daisy

EwVNvQHUYAIYSqx.jpg:large

she's not technically a princess yet but the webtoon ends in literally one week and based on the progression, it's pretty surefire that the MC, Aria, will marry the crown prince and become a princess/future empress anyways. this is absolutely my favorite webtoon of all time.
the-villainess-reverses-the-hourglass.jpg

they're only engaged but Psyche from your throne is the fiancee of the crown prince so i'm throwing her in.
156717.png

Obviously it would be Princess Zelda. I like a lot of her designs, but my favorites would probably the ones from Breath of the Wild, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and A Link Between Worlds!

I really like: Merida, Pocahontas, Moana, and Jasmine. Daisy from Mario. Disney and Mario is the only Princesses I know of off the top of my head.
*Scrolls up Oo I like Princess Mononoke too. I totally forgot about Zelda... but I wouldn't call her a favorite of mine.

Princess Zelda (TwilightPrincess), Mulan(doesn't really count), Rapunzel, Merida, Luna(MLP), Moana, and Allura(Voltron).

I wish I was a princess or at least be friends with one. 👑
I remembered years ago how I cried a little because I wished Zelda was real so I can be friends with her and she would be my first best friend but it wouldn't happen because she isn't real. Younger selves sure do have more fantasy dreams!

dang it, the only princess i can think of is elsa and she's a QuEeN. i always really hated anna for some reason...
i used to be really obsessed with frozen and i had so many things with anna and elsa on it.

I don’t really have a favorite Princess. As far as Disney I like the movies more than I like the Princesses as characters…I guess that Belle would be the closet to my favorite only because the Animated Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie.

Side note, I tend to like the villains more than the other characters anyway.

Oh my! There could be so many!

Let’s see, when I was younger I loved Pocahontas, but as an adult I can rightfully say the Disney adaption is disgusting and horribly whitewashed and wrong. However, her love for nature and animals was my inspiration to work with animals as a kid, so part of me does have that movie to thank.

I remember as a kid loving Anastasia, haven’t seen it since I was a kid, so i’m not sure how she holds up!

I also love Princess Daisy! She’s adorable!

Anime princess: I initially didn't like her at first upon watching Black Clover, but Noelle continued to prove me wrong as she set aside her "royalty" status in order to work with Asta and boost each other up. She also gets stronger later in the anime, and has many heartfelt moments throughout it.

uZluAfX.jpg

Video game princess: I also didn't initially like her at first, but Princess Melia, when called to the challenge of leading her nation as well as helping out Shulk's party, did not disappoint. Her character development is pretty good and I love her playstyle in Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

7e1xf3p.jpg

I forgot to add to this, but after completing Fischl's domain in the Genshin Impact Golden Apple Archipelago event, I can confidently say that Fischl has rose to be in my top three princesses along with these two characters (if you consider Fischl a princess, which, based on her lore, design, and title as "Prinzessin," it's an easy answer). The way her personality was described by Oz at the end of the domain was something that resonated with me and that I could relate to. Not to mention she's just a pretty cool character in general, and higher on the list of my favorite Genshin Impact characters for sure.

gNbpXqS.jpg

SuwXXyc.jpg

V6gBn3w.jpg

Mojrnh4.jpg

UCjwAy3.jpg

I have so many favorite princesses! I'll try to list them all:

Games:
- Rosalina
- Peach
- Midna
- Mipha

Movies:
- Belle
- Rapunzel
- Kida
- Fiona

TV Shows:
- Celestia
- Luna
- Cadence
- Twilight Sparkle

Long answer but - There was a book series I loved as a child (and maybe beyond) called the enchanted forest chronicles, by Patricia C. Wrede of which the first book is called Dealing with Dragons.

The main character is Princess Cimorene, a princess who is bored of being a princess. She decides to be taken prisoner by a dragon to get out of her boring princess duties.

I read it in the mid 90s so it may seem quite dated now, but one of my favorite things is that she isn’t just rebelling from being a princess, but instead she focuses on finding what she does like and what she is good at!

Anyway, I would go on and on about it, but will just mention that proper organization and archiving (of books and treasure) also feature heavily as valuable skills, so that’s a bonus

So I am sure I could name more but Cimorene will always have a special place in my heart.

Video Game:
- Daisy (Super Mario)

Movie/TV Show/Cartoon:
- Bubblegum (Adventure Time)
- All Disney princesses
- Mia (The Princess Diaries)
- Fiona (Shrek)

Book:
- Izumi (Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean)

ariel (the little mermaid) has been my favourite princess ever since i was a little girl. i’m honestly not sure why i like her so much, but the the little mermaid movies were my go-to comfort movies when i was younger, and i’ve seen each one more times than i can count. i admire how brave, optimistic and kind she is, and how she always tried to make life beautiful and good for herself and those she cares about, even after —especially after— her mom passed. she never let the tragedies in her life turn her cold or mean, nor did she let what happened to her mom curb her curiosity about humans or her love for music, and i think that’s beautiful.

i also love her voice and how musically inclined she is, and i’m so happy she got to live the life she wanted. 💖

my runner-up favourites are rapunzel, cinderella and tiana!

I loved the movie Rapunzel, so she’s a favorite. I also really used to love the movie Swan Princess when I was smaller, so she’s top of the list. My all time favorite is Mulan though I don’t think I would consider her a Disney princess.

Back