• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fast and Easy(ier?) Way to Kick out Villagers/Get them in boxes! (TT and Non-TT)

EDIT: Oh turns out you can not "-" and save in the middle of conversation..

Can you even save and quit mid-conversation?
I assumed you couldn't so I never bothered trying.
I always thought that by "resetting" people just meant exiting out of the the game without saving so this is super confusing.

I said above that I was mistaken and was remembering things incorrectly. I'm gonna be editing my thread to remove that part here soon.

From what I've seen, friendship points doesn't have a correlation, but I could be wrong. Some of the villagers I talked to most were the ones who kept wanting to leave.
Ahhh okay I’m gonna bug this girl for a few days and see if I get any luck c:

EDIT: Oh turns out you can not "-" and save in the middle of conversation..
I just edited the original post stating that the only way to end the conversation is to force close. I'm sorry for the confusion, everybody. :cry:

This means that when you see a bubble and you don't want to force close, do not talk to the villager and save and exit to keep TT (or just ignore them if you don't TT). If the bubble is about the villager wanting to give you something or about other things, then you just have to keep waiting/TT until the bubble you want lands on the villager you want to kick out.

Hi everyone.
I stumbled upon this thread because I'm genuinely curious whether your most recent moved in villager can move out or not.
I currently almost found all of my dreamies (I only have to move out Kid Cat), and am currently in this situation:
I'm either looking for Raymond or Auddie (yes, I'm that basic haha) and although I have a pretty good amount of NMT saved up, knowing my very very very bad luck, I have a feeling I won't find them.
I'll probably have a random villager move in, which I'll want to move out right after they came.
So can I actually move them out? I love all my other villagers, and don't have their amiibo cards, so I wouldn't want to get rid of any of them.
Most videos and threads I've read say that your most recent moved in villager cannot move out, but I'm really hoping that's not true.
Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have fully read it, and it is seriously super helpful!

Hi everyone.
I stumbled upon this thread because I'm genuinely curious whether your most recent moved in villager can move out or not.
I currently almost found all of my dreamies (I only have to move out Kid Cat), and am currently in this situation:
I'm either looking for Raymond or Auddie (yes, I'm that basic haha) and although I have a pretty good amount of NMT saved up, knowing my very very very bad luck, I have a feeling I won't find them.
I'll probably have a random villager move in, which I'll want to move out right after they came.
So can I actually move them out? I love all my other villagers, and don't have their amiibo cards, so I wouldn't want to get rid of any of them.
Most videos and threads I've read say that your most recent moved in villager cannot move out, but I'm really hoping that's not true.
Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have fully read it, and it is seriously super helpful!
I’ve cycled through quite a bit of villagers and from what I can see is that none of my most recent move ins wanted to leave. That’s just my experience though! I have been able to kick out my most recent move in via campsite before

Hi everyone.

Yes, my most recent move in from the void (Puddles) asked to move out within 5 days of moving in. I didn't neglect her or anything - I talked to her normally.

Your best bet for getting Raymond is to use the campsite method (assuming you have no smugs on your island right now or you're willing to kick em out.) Basically the reason is because there are so few Smug villagers, and there are so many cat villagers, and because island tour villagers are randomly distributed by species rather than by individuals, you're statistically far more likely to get Raymond through the campsite (where it increases your chance of getting the personality you're missing) than by island tour.

Yes, my most recent move in from the void (Puddles) asked to move out within 5 days of moving in. I didn't neglect her or anything - I talked to her normally.

Your best bet for getting Raymond is to use the campsite method (assuming you have no smugs on your island right now or you're willing to kick em out.) Basically the reason is because there are so few Smug villagers, and there are so many cat villagers, and because island tour villagers are randomly distributed by species rather than by individuals, you're statistically far more likely to get Raymond through the campsite (where it increases your chance of getting the personality you're missing) than by island tour.

Unfortunately I already have 2 smugs (Marshall and Zell) so that wouldn't work :(
I did try using the campsite method to find Auddie, but I'm not a very patient person, and gave up after barely 4 visitors (I just couldn't take it anymore haha)
Thanks for your reply, it makes me a feel a bit better! Hopefully I'll be lucky!

Oh I should say: I have been using this method thanks to this thread bringing my attention to it (tysm OP and other users who pointed out some safety issues) I have been able to kick out all of my unwanted villagers when I have needed to and now have my dream lineup of villagers. It has worked every time for me so tysm again!

Back