• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time

Nooblord

Bells
Switch
8425-4330-6041
Green Christmas Stocking
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Tasty Cake
Fantasly Life is as one of my favorite games, so I’ve been waiting for a Switch iteration since I got my Switch.

The last Nintendo direct revealed Fantasy Life i, and it wasn’t what I expected.
Looks like they’re really leaning into the “customize your own island” thing, and it seems it’s borrowing a lot of ideas from AC:NH and Dragon Quest: Builders, two very loved franchises, but I was really hoping for it to be more like… Fantasy Life.

Hopefully my fears are subdued when we learn more about the game, and it’s the Fantasy Life game I want it to be with just more customization options.

I actually decided to repurchase Fantasy Life for 3DS in case this new one doesn’t meet my expectations. The 3DS eShop shuts down in March, and I wanna make sure I get the DLC downloaded before then.

What are your thoughts on the reveal? Are you looking forward to the game?

I'm definitely excited for this game, but I'm waiting for more info revealed about it before I decide to buy. I'm hoping they have good character customization in it like the last one. From what little they did show I'm not sure if it's gonna have it or not, so I'll have to wait and see. That was one of my favorite things about it, as it made it a lot more fun to play.

Other than that, I'm with you. Hopefully it still has a lot of the same traits like the previous one and it isn't straying too much from the original. 🙂

i’ve never played a fantasy life game before, but this one looks interesting. getting to see your island at different points in time sounds neat, plus the graphics and characters look super cute as well!

i’m probably not gonna get it since i’m saving up for other stuff, but maybe i’ll reconsider once more info is revealed + reviews start coming in after release.

I loved Fantasy Life on 3DS - it's one of my favourite 3DS games and definitely never expected in sequel. My main hope is that the world is as large and diverse as it was in the first game. From this trailer, it sort of looks like the island is about it but hopefully there is more to explore.

I agree with you that it looks quite inspired by ACNH, how it's main quality was designing your island. I still think the game will be good though and will probably buy it - it would be hard for it to top the original though.

Is it the same storyline as the 3DS version? Which is okay but I hope there's more or other plot twists. I do see all the newer additions but I'd like to see a second trailer. I'm happy to see Level 5 games again and hopefully I can experience some multiplayer in Fantasy Life.

I really enjoyed the first game and I had the DLC. I tried the mobile game for a hot minute too but the micro translations and having to wait for things and use only a phone screen for controls turned me off in like the first 5 to 10 mins. After that I just deleted it off my phone (was free to play at least).

This one looks interesting though. Probably won’t be a day one buy for me, but I’m glad to see a proper follow up and will probably pick up this game some time after people have had a chance to review it.

Fantasy Life on 3DS was an absolute blast! I have to say it's one of my all-time favorite 3DS games. I was ecstatic to hear about a sequel, but I'm waiting for more information before deciding to make the purchase. I'm hoping the world is just as vast and exciting as the first one, and that they have some amazing new features up their sleeve.

I might need to play fantasy life again as I didn't even complete it the first few hours. Is it better as it goes on?

Fantasy Life is easily in my top three 3DS games, so I'm excited to play the new one. There was a Fantasy Life mobile game I never played, and Snack World, while I enjoyed it for its combat, I would have preferred another 'mainline' Fantasy Life title.

If anyone remembers the little seaside town from the 3DS game, that one was my favorite. Some of the crafting-type jobs (e.g.: tailor) could get a little old as you're either mashing a button or pressing one button at a certain time. It'd be nice to see that adjusted slightly to make the crafting minigames more dynamic/enjoyable, but nothing wrong with simplicity either imo - especially in a game like this where you can do so many things.

Seeing the world-building is a little intimidating to me given I'm one that usually likes to explore pre-existing beautiful towns/landscapes rather than create them from scratch, but this seems like it may be a happy medium with adding decorations/landscape adjustments to flesh out existing towns.

I've loved what I've seen in the trailers so far, and if it's anything even remotely similar to the original formula (which it seems to be,) it'll be my GOTY. I'm going to have a lot of fun with it! :D

Building up different jobs, going on quests and exploring, collecting items, crafting, oh my!

I'm so stoked for this game. I played the heck out of that game a few years back. I did so much. I unfortunately lost that and everything i owned in a fire, so the game I have isn't the awesome OG game.

I've been wanting to play it all week but the game and my 3DS is at my moms, but thankfully I'm going up there tomorrow.

I wonder when the new one will be released, I'm guessing October or November

I loooved the first title! I am sure I will get this one as well.

I loved the job system. It was a really good way to stay engaged and max out everything (remindes me of FFIV).

I loved the character design and the story was interesting! Fighting was also good. Overall just a good JRPG and I will for sure check out the new one!

I was obsessed with the 3ds game, and still love it. I really want to be excited for this game, but I'm just scared that they're going to focus more into the customisation than the things I really enjoyed about the first one. I hope they don't take too much from the mobile game.
But I shall keep watching it, and maybe after release if it seems to be any good I'll give it a go!

There will be a playable demo at the Tokyo Games Show 2023. Business Day Sept 21st and Public Day Sept. 23.
Looking forward to more information.

I'm really excited for this one! I'm still on my first playthrough of the original (wanted to snag it and the DLC before the 3DS eShop closed) but I think it's a very charming and unique game, so hearing that it a sequel was in the works just as I was getting into it was really cool.

I'm hopeful that the new one can retain the charm of the original while still expanding on the features, and that the island decorating/terraforming aspects will be handled well. I'm also curious to see what the two new Lives being added will be (farmer, merchant, or rogue are my biggest hopes 🤞 something totally out-of-left-field like "mail carrier" could be really fun as well though), and it looks like there's going to be at least a few returning characters from the original which is exciting as well! Right now my biggest concern is whether or not the character customization will be as in-depth as it is in Fantasy Life, especially the body type options.

I tend to be fairly cautious with my gaming purchases, so I plan to wait to buy until I can look into reviews and see what the general consensus is on it, but I have high hopes!

I'm really excited for this one! I'm still on my first playthrough of the original (wanted to snag it and the DLC before the 3DS eShop closed) but I think it's a very charming and unique game, so hearing that it a sequel was in the works just as I was getting into it was really cool.

I'm hopeful that the new one can retain the charm of the original while still expanding on the features, and that the island decorating/terraforming aspects will be handled well. I'm also curious to see what the two new Lives being added will be (farmer, merchant, or rogue are my biggest hopes 🤞 something totally out-of-left-field like "mail carrier" could be really fun as well though), and it looks like there's going to be at least a few returning characters from the original which is exciting as well! Right now my biggest concern is whether or not the character customization will be as in-depth as it is in Fantasy Life, especially the body type options.

I tend to be fairly cautious with my gaming purchases, so I plan to wait to buy until I can look into reviews and see what the general consensus is on it, but I have high hopes!
You have no idea how jealous I am! I wish I could replay the first Fantasy Life with fresh eyes again. It's a perfect combination of game elements. I'm glad you're enjoying your first playthrough. :)

Mail Carrier would be such a fun job addition. I'm not sure where it would fit, but I think beekeeping would be fun as well. 💜

I really loved the original Fantasy Life like a lot of people and have recently bought a 2DS XL and a copy of the game to replay it after so many years. I keep checking the Nintendo site to see if they have any mention of when this sequel might be released, and it will definitely be a must have for me.

Back