Expectations/Predictions for new Animal Crossing?

I have a feeling that the next game will probably be a lot like New Leaf, just bigger.

Bigger towns.

More villagers.

More shops and special buildings in the town and more special visitors that randomly visit the town.

More customization options, New Leaf was kinda focused around the ability to customize nearly everything, I have a feeling the Wii U version will expand on that.

Amiibo functionality, I have a feeling this will be a big part of the game, not sure what they'll do though, I would think that they would just be merely cosmetic options or something rather than locking content behind the Amiibo's (it's Nintendo, not Ubisoft :) they wouldn't do that to us, right?... right?)

More Miiverse functionality, this is a given, all first party Wii U games have Miiverse built in as a gameplay mechanic, more so than 3DS games, everything you do from catching bugs to upgrading your house will have an option to post to miiverse, I wouldn't be surprised if the notice board in the town hall has some Miiverse announcements and stuff too.

The Wii U version will have a new feature that will be the core gimmick behind the gameplay that will be the main selling point of that game (like the city in City Folk)

And as for things I hope get added (that probably won't)

Free camera controls rather than a fixed camera angle.

More interesting and varied map including things like hills and swampy areas and so on.

More things such as minigames that add new stuff to the game, I'm sure it'll have minigames like New Leafs island games, but ones that have more interesting gameplay and stuff.

Being able to share a town with friends online, probably something that may have to wait for the next home console Animal Crossing game due to the fact it'd need to always be connected to the internet.
(It would also be cool if, rather than sharing a town, you share a region like in Sim City, and you pick a town from that region, if you have friends in that region, you can freely walk around the region and walk to your friends town, again, always online, and timezones would be an issue with that as well :()

Edit: Oh and Gloves... Why can't my character wear gloves?
I want gloves...
And scarves.
And coats/jumpers/jackets and so on that go over the shirts, use the power of the Wii U to have layers!

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the next game will probably be a lot like New Leaf, just bigger.

Bigger towns.

More villagers.

More shops and special buildings in the town and more special visitors that randomly visit the town.

More customization options, New Leaf was kinda focused around the ability to customize nearly everything, I have a feeling the Wii U version will expand on that.

Amiibo functionality, I have a feeling this will be a big part of the game, not sure what they'll do though, I would think that they would just be merely cosmetic options or something rather than locking content behind the Amiibo's (it's Nintendo, not Ubisoft :) they wouldn't do that to us, right?... right?)

More Miiverse functionality, this is a given, all first party Wii U games have Miiverse built in as a gameplay mechanic, more so than 3DS games, everything you do from catching bugs to upgrading your house will have an option to post to miiverse, I wouldn't be surprised if the notice board in the town hall has some Miiverse announcements and stuff too.

The Wii U version will have a new feature that will be the core gimmick behind the gameplay that will be the main selling point of that game (like the city in City Folk)

And as for things I hope get added (that probably won't)

Free camera controls rather than a fixed camera angle.

More interesting and varied map including things like hills and swampy areas and so on.

More things such as minigames that add new stuff to the game, I'm sure it'll have minigames like New Leafs island games, but ones that have more interesting gameplay and stuff.

Being able to share a town with friends online, probably something that may have to wait for the next home console Animal Crossing game due to the fact it'd need to always be connected to the internet.
(It would also be cool if, rather than sharing a town, you share a region like in Sim City, and you pick a town from that region, if you have friends in that region, you can freely walk around the region and walk to your friends town, again, always online, and timezones would be an issue with that as well :()

All of these. Also, make the text boxes translucent white again, instead of translucent black.

I'd like to see Special characters (Isabelle, Tom Nook, Pete, etc) to fall into pitfalls.

I'd also like to see your villagers wear shirts with sleeves.

• Better graphics. I mean, Animal Crossing's art direction need an overhaul. Trees should be bigger, houses too.
  • I think the town should be bigger which would make place to incorporate the shopping street inside the village as it once was (but scattered it was back then).
  • Nintendo should also bring back beaches that are not separated by cliffs and leaves patches (as in the GCN game).
  • Most of all, I want a free camera like in the Wind Waker. The right stick would serve to move the camera around. I was roaming about on Outset island and man, it felt like this could be an Animal Crossing village.
  • Each village would be located on a different island and you could take a boat and sail to your friends villages located on different islands ? la Wind Waker.
  • They could use the cell-shaded look art direction of the Wind Waker to update the art style of the Animal Crossing serie.
  • Isabelle, Tom Nook, Blathers, the Able Sisters and pretty much all the characters that work inside the village would get their own house, leaving for work everyday at roughly the same time and we could follow them to their shop.
  • The return of some of the GameCube MIA characters that are missed : Olive, Woolio, etc.
  • I want paths to be build able PWP. I don't like the irksome way it's designed as of now. Paths do not blend well with the game's textures.
  • Couple the buildable PWP paths with new activities for characters. For example, some could jog along the path, or get back from the grocery with a basket along the path. And during winter time, animals could shovel the snow in front of their yard or even along the path and you could help them.
  • Some of the characters could be housemates. What if O'Hare and Pate lived in the same house ? Pate would have the upper stairs while O'Hare would live in the basement with the common room being shared ? Then they would talk about what each other does, and what habit from the other is annoying to the other...
  • Also, the number of animals inhabiting your town would increase only if you built a new PWP for house foundations, meaning that new inhabitants could only live where you already built an empty house. Your village would start with 4 animals and you could increase this number to 16 or 20 through PWP for residential houses. Multiplying these houses would leave you less place for other PWP like fountains, benches, lighthouse, etc. That would also solve the problem down the problem of animals plopping down their house in an unwanted area of your town. I mean, who takes down their whole house after moving ? Nobody. Animals that have left would leave behind an empty house for a newcomer to take further down.
  • In Harvest Moon, characters have an occupation. They have a routine and can be found doing work or spending time with other characters depending of the hour of the day and the day of the week. I don't mean the characters should always be found at the same spot everyday, but some of their activities could be daily. They could have an activity they do at a certain time during the week where you know you would find them.

Last edited:
The next game should be even more realistic. For instance, there's no way a house or even the expansions could be done in one day. They would take months. And there would be lots of noise and inconvenience. {Alright, just kidding. :p }

But really:

Some other things I actually want:

-the ability to rename designs without having to go through the redesign screen
-having villagers actually sleep in their beds, if they have one, instead of standing up
-the ability to assist villagers with item placement in their homes. This could occur in a number of ways.

e.g., Ribbot has asked you to replace his sleek closet with a similar-sized item. After giving him the new item, he would say, "Thanks so much for -the new item-! Do you want to come over to my house and help me place it?" with the replies being, "Sure!" or "No way!"

Another scenario: You are visiting Bam in his home. One of his talking prompts would be, "I'm rearranging some items. Do you want to help?" You answer "Yes," and then have the ability to move Bam's furniture around. You would be able to pick up items for convenience, but you wouldn't be able to take any items. If you tried to leave with one of Bam's items, he would stop you with, "Where are you going? You still have my Alpine Closet," for example.

OK, explain the concept, please :confused:

I think they mean making the cranky/snooty villagers as rude as they were. I wish they brought that back (for ac;nl) and I hope they do for whatever the next one will be. They were so funny and it was satisfying to be like "Woah [insert cranky villager] is a friend." as compared to now you can talk to them once and they are really nice.

Basically to stop watering down personality.

However, Captain is meaning more of each personality in the animal groups.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The next game should be even more realistic. For instance, there's no way a house or even the expansions could be done in one day. They would take months. And there would be lots of noise and inconvenience. {Alright, just kidding. :p }

But really:

Some other things I actually want:

-the ability to rename designs without having to go through the redesign screen
-having villagers actually sleep in their beds, if they have one, instead of standing up
-the ability to assist villagers with item placement in their homes. This could occur in a number of ways.

e.g., Ribbot has asked you to replace his sleek closet with a similar-sized item. After giving him the new item, he would say, "Thanks so much for -the new item-! Do you want to come over to my house and help me place it?" with the replies being, "Sure!" or "No way!"

Another scenario: You are visiting Bam in his home. One of his talking prompts would be, "I'm rearranging some items. Do you want to help?" You answer "Yes," and then have the ability to move Bam's furniture around. You would be able to pick up items for convenience, but you wouldn't be able to take any items. If you tried to leave with one of Bam's items, he would stop you with, "Where are you going? You still have my Alpine Closet," for example.

That sounds really great! I never thought I'd want an idea to be implemented as much as I do this one. It'd make getting houses to look a theme/not all heckied up easier and, to me at least, more fun.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Last edited:
I think the ideas I posted in my last message are not short of genial. Why hasn't Nintendo called me yet :) That and I could implement some of those good ideas you have written on in here.

Last edited:
I wonder, also, if a Greenhouse PWP would be possible. It would probably be a permanent PWP. Perhaps only certain hybrids could grow inside, and/or flowers wouldn't wilt whilst inside. I think this would be useful for people who prefer to have ordinances besides the Beautiful Town one.

I wonder, also, if a Greenhouse PWP would be possible. It would probably be a permanent PWP. Perhaps only certain hybrids could grow inside, and/or flowers wouldn't wilt whilst inside. I think this would be useful for people who prefer to have ordinances besides the Beautiful Town one.

oh, that sounds cool. Maybe they have a higher hybrid chance and flowers wouldn't wilt (or have to be watered less, at least) ;w;

Will love to the like a video game shop run by a nerd guinea pig :p ,where you can play little minigames

Love the ability to get pwp without being request by villagers so frustrating

Bigger town, with hills

More space in pockets

Ability to trade up stuff online without just throwing things

Easier way to transfer money

Choose where villagers will move

I hope they add a sprinkler public work project. It could water all of the flowers within three-five spaces.:)

YESSSSSS!!!!!
Hehehe, anyways probably more octopus villagers and a wider variety of things that they can say. It gets boring when you have two villagers of the same type next to each other and they say the same thing.... And possibly amiibo cards/figures to chose who moves in next? Thats all I got :)
EDIT: Oh and seriously, THEY NEED FORKS IN RIVERS!! I would always reset until I could find one with a house on the little island part XD

Last edited:
More pwps
More ordinances
360 camera anywhere instead of just in houses
More rooms for houses (ie you can have multiple rooms on the second floor)
Amiibo support; cards for normal villagers figurines for special characters like Isabelle or Gracie; scan once a day to revive a random gift. Also scanning villager cards increases the likelihood of them moving in and staying in your town.
Ability to transfer data from new leaf kind of like city folk but you can also transfer items, bells etc as well
Seperate toolbox for things the character can hold (not just shovel or axe but also things like umbrellas glow wands timer etc)
Bigger wallet (you can carry 999999 bells at once without having to put bell bags in pockets taking up space)
Stacking items other than fruit

If anything, a ne AC ould end up on the Wii right?

I would actually like to see some old villagers come back. As well as the Cliffs. The cliffs just made the town feel so much bigger in my opinion. Lol

I think bringing back the mass deletion of letters can would be nice. It's a real nuisance to have to delete them one by one.

I would get chastised for this, but...

WE NEED TO REMOVE SOME VILLAGERS!!

Desperately seeking Xe-- I mean, removal:

Erik
Fuchsia
Graham
Grizzly
Chow
Vic
T-Bone
Fang
Chief
Avery
Jitters
Peck
Frobert
Cousteau
Bud
Rory
Marcel
Benjamin
Lucky
Bones
Cube
Rodeo
Alice
Melba
WW!Sally
Poppy
Merry
Tabby
Tangy
Anicotti
Rabbit!Carmen
Pippy
Gabi
Ruby
Klaus
Paula
Curlos
Colton
Ed
Monique
Ankha
Baabara
Mallary
Gloria
Miranda
Freya
Gwen
Kiki
Agnes
Muffy

I would get chastised for this, but...

WE NEED TO REMOVE SOME VILLAGERS!!

Desperately seeking Xe-- I mean, removal:

Erik
Fuchsia
Graham
Grizzly
Chow
Vic
T-Bone
Fang
Chief
Avery
Jitters
Peck
Frobert
Cousteau
Bud
Rory
Marcel
Benjamin
Lucky
Bones
Cube
Rodeo
Alice
Melba
WW!Sally
Poppy
Merry
Tabby
Tangy
Anicotti
Rabbit!Carmen
Pippy
Gabi
Ruby
Klaus
Paula
Curlos
Colton
Ed
Monique
Ankha
Baabara
Mallary
Gloria
Miranda
Freya
Gwen
Kiki
Agnes
Muffy

Erik Fang and Chief don't need removed! I LOVE those guys!

Last edited:
Back