Ever have this happen to you?

That happened to me not too long ago, it decided to show up in the store after I bought it from someone on the forum. It was especially frustrated because I don't usually check the store every day, but this one day I decided to go in, it had what I wanted.

This was me with the marshmallow chair back when the game came out. I wanted it sooo bad but it never showed up in store so I got it off a forum. To this day it haunts me because its constantly in my shop :c

I was looking for the detective hat. Someone gave it to me on the forums, and the next day, it was in Able Sisters. It always appears in there now.

I was looking for the detective hat. Someone gave it to me on the forums, and the next day, it was in Able Sisters. It always appears in there now.

heh, your mayor kind of looks like a gender-bent Sherlock Holmes (in a good way)

anyway sounds like it would happen to me too :I

Last edited:
YES!!

Also, similarly, villagers tend to show up in my cycle town within days of paying for them.

Yep, same thing with me and the candy machine.

I wanted it and got it off wifi, so the next day the Nooklings had it. It then appears every so often.

What's worse, is that I was given the candy machine because I helped one of the villagers to deliver a present. Argggghhh! The frustration.

I have a theory though; once you have an item, the game logs and and it will appear more often. Whereas if you never had it, it will take time for it to cycle through the inventory. It tends to cycle your "existing/discovered" inventory a lot more. That's just my theory, but it seems to be that way for many people (especially the ones above this post).

I have had that happen with all sorts of things. It's always the way that when I'm looking for a villager either nobody is selling or somebody gets there first. It took me a lot to get marshal, and then a week or so later there was thread after thread selling him and because the supply was so high he was going very cheaply :(
Also with able sisters, I was looking for a blossom shirt for ages for Bob. I got one off a trade board, a few days later the shirt was in store....

yes, i've had the same thing happen to me. i tend to agree with kazaf's theory; once the item is in your game catalog it cycles more regularly through the Nooks/Able shops.

Back