• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Embarrassing stories?

Last Summer I was staying with one of my parent’s friends at her house. I was home alone that day and my dog had to go out. As I opened the door back inside, I noticed it had locked itself. Panicked, I hopped over the fence and tried the other doors. No luck. To make matters worse, I left my phone and wallet inside. With no means to call for help, I took my dog and tried to find a police station. I went from neighborhood to neighborhood hoping to find some assistance. After walking for four hours, I went back to the house. My patience was slim and I began to feel dehydrated. With a sharp kick, I broke down the screen door of a window and hopped in. My Mom and the owner weren’t mad at me, but they pointed out the fact there was a spare key right by the front door.

once i banged my head on a lamp post while walking down the street.
i was holding a caterpillar and busy looking at it so i didn't see the lamp post in front of me...
This has happened to me multiple times but while in conversation with someone... lol

Last Summer I was staying with one of my parent’s friends at her house. I was home alone that day and my dog had to go out. As I opened the door back inside, I noticed it had locked itself. Panicked, I hopped over the fence and tried the other doors. No luck. To make matters worse, I left my phone and wallet inside. With no means to call for help, I took my dog and tried to find a police station. I went from neighborhood to neighborhood hoping to find some assistance. After walking for four hours, I went back to the house. My patience was slim and I began to feel dehydrated. With a sharp kick, I broke down the screen door of a window and hopped in. My Mom and the owner weren’t mad at me, but they pointed out the fact there was a spare key right by the front door.
Oh my goodness that must have been horrible! This happened to my uncle and he ended up using the backyard as a bathroom..... for both if you catch my drift

Embarrassing bump
I failed my first driver's test before even leaving the parking lot of the DMV.

Hmm I can't decide between walking into something while checking someone out lol or walking around New York City with my bum on show because my skirt was tucked in my tights

Hmm I can't decide between walking into something while checking someone out lol or walking around New York City with my bum on show because my skirt was tucked in my tights
Oh no! lol
It always sucks when something embarrassing that happened to you could've been stopped if someone just was nice enough to point it out

my friend told me that i look like the kind of person who would call the cashier mom and it dug out a horrible memory of me thinking that a complete stranger was my mom at a supermarket for like 30 seconds it was so embarrassing

last year i accidentally airdropped a picture of ted cruz’ head on anime p*** to my art teacher. i was so mortified that i put my head down quickly so that he wouldnt know it was me, but as i did this, i smack my front tooth super hard on the desk and chipped it. i then started crying hysterically because i thought i had cracked it in half due to the noise and refused to look. i was so sad and scared my mom would be upset! anyway after this i found out some girls were tweeting that they hated me. tbh i wouldve too 😂

Embarrassing bump
I failed my first driver's test before even leaving the parking lot of the DMV.

I really feel like whether or not you pass depends on the person grading you. Like, I literally hit a cone while backing into a parking spot and then cut someone off while driving on the road and still got my license, which I definitely shouldn't have. But then I have friends who did way better than me and had to retake it. It's weird.

my friend told me that i look like the kind of person who would call the cashier mom and it dug out a horrible memory of me thinking that a complete stranger was my mom at a supermarket for like 30 seconds it was so embarrassing
That's a weird statement to tell someone lol
I put my hand on someone's back once at Disneyland while talking to them thinking they were my dad 😅

last year i accidentally airdropped a picture of ted cruz’ head on anime p*** to my art teacher. i was so mortified that i put my head down quickly so that he wouldnt know it was me, but as i did this, i smack my front tooth super hard on the desk and chipped it. i then started crying hysterically because i thought i had cracked it in half due to the noise and refused to look. i was so sad and scared my mom would be upset! anyway after this i found out some girls were tweeting that they hated me. tbh i wouldve too 😂
Oh my gooooddd lol.
I also chipped a tooth but doing something incredibly stupid/random, I tried playing jump rope with some floss once (I was squatting or something) and I hit my chin on my knee.
I don't understand why people tweet stuff like that honestly.

I really feel like whether or not you pass depends on the person grading you. Like, I literally hit a cone while backing into a parking spot and then cut someone off while driving on the road and still got my license, which I definitely shouldn't have. But then I have friends who did way better than me and had to retake it. It's weird.
This is very true! I took the test 2 more times at that same place and my classmates at the time were telling me I chose the DMV with the strictest graders!

sjdhfh omg why would they hate you??? some people i dont understand..

One time I was at the mall waiting in line at the pretzel cart and there was a cup of pretzel bites sitting out and I assumed they were free samples. So, I grabbed one and then the guy that was in front of us grabs the cup, looks at me, mortified, and walks away... they weren't samples- 🤡

One time I was at the mall waiting in line at the pretzel cart and there was a cup of pretzel bites sitting out and I assumed they were free samples. So, I grabbed one and then the guy that was in front of us grabs the cup, looks at me, mortified, and walks away... they weren't samples- 🤡
To be fair the employees should've been watching the food but.. YAY FREE FOOD LMAO

I was getting ready to deliver a Drive-Up order for a person at work when my safety vest got caught on the door knob, so I was unintentionally holding the door open.

Safety vest? More like hazard vest lmao

I was getting ready to deliver a Drive-Up order for a person at work when my safety vest got caught on the door knob, so I was unintentionally holding the door open.

Safety vest? More like hazard vest lmao
Dang, reminds me of my roller backpack days. Hitting all of the chairs and desks as I walk down isles lmao

Dang, reminds me of my roller backpack days. Hitting all of the chairs and desks as I walk down isles lmao

Duuude, this was literally one of the reasons why I begged my parents to let me switch to straps-only.

The other reason was I manage to trip over it, and I thought, “Well this is it Jayden, death by roller backpack.”

Duuude, this was literally one of the reasons why I begged my parents to let me switch to straps-only.

The other reason was I manage to trip over it, and I thought, “Well this is it Jayden, death by roller backpack.”
Lol I'm just as clumsy
I'm surprised my upper body strength sucks so much with how many books I had in my backpacks

Today, I was rushing into work to make it to a virtual Zoom conference and that took almost an hour. I went to sit at my desk and my boss comes over and then points out that the tag on my dress is sticking out. I say nothing and fix it while internally cringing at myself.

In seventh grade, I had a huge crush on one of my friends in my old friend group. So I formulated a plan to tell him the Friday before Winter break started. Friday came and I knew we would cross paths on our way to the buses since I had to pass his bus and he would always stand out there and talk to my best friend.
The bell rang and I lingered around until I saw him walking with my bestie :)

I was so focused on him that I ran into a tree. and i almost missed my bus.

It was a rainy and wet day when I walked into the local supermarket to collect a few essentials. Everything was going well, managed to pick up the items I needed, safely got to the checkouts and paid for my items. Then, as I walked out towards the exit, I slipped and fell flat on my face in front of all the busy tills, so inevitably attracted attention and all eyes were on me. Of course, no one bothered to help me up, but thankfully only bashed my knees in a bit.

Back