• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Embarrassing stories?

Cancoon

I'm a mess
Bells
I have a bunch of embarrassing stories that haunt me, but I feel like embarrassing stuff is worth living through if people can at least get a laugh out of it!
I'm hoping others are in the same boat and is willing to share with everyone!

So one of my stories is from back when I worked at The Cheesecake Factory as a "Baker" (I just prepared desserts, no baking was involved but that's the position name). Basically, one day I had to make a hot fudge sundae with cold fudge. I thought, I should microwave this! And as I watched it in the microwave, someone came up next to me to watch as well... "Is that metal, in the microwave?! You know metal isn't supposed to go in the microwave, right..?". I totally forgot this was a thing and had the hot fudge in a metal gravy dish.
Now there's a "Do not put metal in the microwave" label on the microwave at that very restaurant because of me. :LOL:

Edit: I will occasionally bump the thread with either another story or just an embarrassing fact about myself

Last edited:
When i was in elementary school, like 2nd or 3rd grade, we had to make these dumb Christmas wreaths that involved tying tons of fabric strips to a wire. I got partnered up with one of my bullies, and I had no idea how to tie my shoes, let alone these fabric strips. So you can imagine what a predicament I was in. I was too embarrassed to tell my bully I didn't know how to tie, and I didn't know the teacher that was running the thing so I didn't trust her.

So I went up to that teacher and I told her that during gym, I got hit in the head with one of those foam balls while playing a weird version of dodgeball, and that it made me forget how to tie.

I don't think she bought it but I felt proud of that lie at the time

When i was in elementary school, like 2nd or 3rd grade, we had to make these dumb Christmas wreaths that involved tying tons of fabric strips to a wire. I got partnered up with one of my bullies, and I had no idea how to tie my shoes, let alone these fabric strips. So you can imagine what a predicament I was in. I was too embarrassed to tell my bully I didn't know how to tie, and I didn't know the teacher that was running the thing so I didn't trust her.

So I went up to that teacher and I told her that during gym, I got hit in the head with one of those foam balls while playing a weird version of dodgeball, and that it made me forget how to tie.

I don't think she bought it but I felt proud of that lie at the time
lmao at least you were creative!

Life in its entirety is one big embarrassing story.
Very true, no wonder we all suffer everyday haha jk... maybe

Once I was in a dressing room and when I got stripped down to my undies I started posing and doing goofy stuff in the mirror, like you do when you're alone. Apparently, the lock on the door either didn't work or I didn't have it latched properly because a mom and her daughter walked in on my chubby potato bod sprawled out across the little bench like I was Marilyn Monroe. It was mortifying.

Once I was in a dressing room and when I got stripped down to my undies I started posing and doing goofy stuff in the mirror, like you do when you're alone. Apparently, the lock on the door either didn't work or I didn't have it latched properly because a mom and her daughter walked in on my chubby potato bod sprawled out across the little bench like I was Marilyn Monroe. It was mortifying.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that type of stuff! Sometimes I dance too lol
I bet that was horrible!

I have so many embarrassing stories with my high school art teacher. I guess that's expected because I had her class all 4 years of high school so of course I was around her a lot, giving me more opportunities to embarrass myself. But probably the worst one was when I was a junior or a senior?? and our school had this rule that we couldn't be in the hallway for the first 5 minutes or last 5 minutes of class. But I had to use the bathroom REALLY badly and it was 5 minutes before the bell rang. My stomach was hurting so bad and I really didn't think I could hold it. In the back of the class there was a door that led to the art teacher's really tiny office. Like, there was pretty much only enough room for her desk and chair in there and nothing else. She was in her office so I went in there (there was barely room for me) and asked her if I could go to the bathroom. And she said "You know the rules. You can't be out in the hall in the last 5 minutes of class." But I could not hold it in anymore. Mercifully, it was just a fart, and I didn't poop my pants right there in her office. But it smelled SO BAD. It filled that tiny office in seconds. Idk how she didn't gag. She looked at me and said "You know what? Go on to the bathroom. And take your books, because I don't think you'll be back."

😐

I have so many embarrassing stories with my high school art teacher. I guess that's expected because I had her class all 4 years of high school so of course I was around her a lot, giving me more opportunities to embarrass myself. But probably the worst one was when I was a junior or a senior?? and our school had this rule that we couldn't be in the hallway for the first 5 minutes or last 5 minutes of class. But I had to use the bathroom REALLY badly and it was 5 minutes before the bell rang. My stomach was hurting so bad and I really didn't think I could hold it. In the back of the class there was a door that led to the art teacher's really tiny office. Like, there was pretty much only enough room for her desk and chair in there and nothing else. She was in her office so I went in there (there was barely room for me) and asked her if I could go to the bathroom. And she said "You know the rules. You can't be out in the hall in the last 5 minutes of class." But I could not hold it in anymore. Mercifully, it was just a fart, and I didn't poop my pants right there in her office. But it smelled SO BAD. It filled that tiny office in seconds. Idk how she didn't gag. She looked at me and said "You know what? Go on to the bathroom. And take your books, because I don't think you'll be back."

😐
Aww man stories like this always make me sad. Teachers should be more understanding for bathroom requests! And I hate what she said lol.
A few of my friends have had similar accidents and I've actually had accidents before too but mostly because I have a horrible stomach and anxiety.

Aww man stories like this always make me sad. Teachers should be more understanding for bathroom requests! And I hate what she said lol.
A few of my friends have had similar accidents and I've actually had accidents before too but mostly because I have a horrible stomach and anxiety.

I went to college to be a teacher and I always swore I would never refuse to let a student go to the bathroom. That moment was both extremely embarrassing and also really annoying. I guess she thought she would get in trouble for letting me out of class but what the heck 😭 I was not someone who just tried to get out of class (well, not that class...), if I asked to go somewhere I really needed to go!

Like I said, that was not my only embarrassing moment with her. I accidentally called her "mom" once. :| And she was really critical of one of my art projects and I ended up crying in the middle of class D: She felt bad and hugged me but omg the damage was done. Tbf the criticism was warranted and I'm also one of those people who's really sensitive and will cry over the slightest bit of constructive criticism lol but I wish she'd like. Waited until after class or something.

I went to college to be a teacher and I always swore I would never refuse to let a student go to the bathroom. That moment was both extremely embarrassing and also really annoying. I guess she thought she would get in trouble for letting me out of class but what the heck 😭 I was not someone who just tried to get out of class (well, not that class...), if I asked to go somewhere I really needed to go!

Like I said, that was not my only embarrassing moment with her. I accidentally called her "mom" once. :| And she was really critical of one of my art projects and I ended up crying in the middle of class D: She felt bad and hugged me but omg the damage was done. Tbf the criticism was warranted and I'm also one of those people who's really sensitive and will cry over the slightest bit of constructive criticism lol but I wish she'd like. Waited until after class or something.
I'm the same way, I never joke about the bathroom LOL

Yeah, I agree with you, she should wait till after class. Don't feel bad about crying! Being sensitive isn't necessarily bad and you probably just weren't used to criticism, but I understand that it could be embarrassing.

Embarrassing bump
I used to think "bless you" was "blesh you" because I never knew it had anything to do with god and religion.

When my co-worker was training me, she shared a story of how she accidentally ate a bite of the patient's food since they were eating the same thing close together. At least she noticed instantly after. 😅

I once asked Misha Collins ("Castiel" in Supernatural, also my avatar) if he "knew how to z-snap"... on stage. It's on youtube somewhere.

Embarrassing bump
I used to confuse Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce
Some of my ex-friends ridiculed me for this

my most recent is that i got stood up on a zoom date. a zoom date!! how do you manage to get stood up while stuck indoors???

Embarrassing bump
In high school there was a day my best friend at the time and I wanted to dress completely different than usual, let's just say my buttcheeks were hanging out of some short shorts. I regretted it then and I still do now.

Back