• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Elder Scrolls Online?

Squidward

Soup enjoyer
Bells
I heard that this game used to be terrible but that they've fixed a lot of things about it and it's actually great now. It's on a big discount of on Steam and I'm considering giving it a try. What are your opinions? (Only people who actually played the game recently and not when it was released only)

I actually thought the same thing when I heard about ESO. However, my friend gave me a copy, and I played it with her. It was a strange experience for an MMO. No one interacted with anyone. People played it as if it was a single player game. You'd see people fighting monsters, but hardly anyone would help. Hardly anyone approached me or talked to me. Kinda shocking for an MMO. However, I'm sure you can find some guilds and find active players.

As for the game play and story, I actually enjoyed it. The story of the game is actually pretty good if you're a huge Elder Scrolls fan. There a ton of references to older Elder Scrolls titles. I remember my friend fangirling when they were talking about previous characters from her favorite elder scroll games.

The combat is solid, but can get a big repetitive like any other MMO. It's best played with friends. The quests are okay at most. They don't feel repetitive as much.

Honestly, the best way to describe it is it's just another MMO. It's not that great, but it's not terrible as people say. They added a large amount of new content, so for the price they sell it, it's actually a steal since it's an MMO. It's not awful when it was release!

I definitely recommend it for under 20 dollars!

I don't have anyone to play it with so if it's not social then I'm not interested. I was suprised when I started playing Guild Wars 2 and it was advertised as the most "social" MMO and I got to lvl 70 without talking to a single person. They come, they kill a mob with you for quest, they leave... I can play Skyrim that way.

Wow, have you guys not played MMO's before? People just generally don't talk and you can't force them. You need to actually try to make some friends or join a guild etc. I've been in my Wow guild for 8 years. I've known these people for a long time and even when I don't play WoW for months or years at a time I still talk with them.

As for the game itself, Elder Scrolls Online has come a long way. It's buy to play now so that's good. You basically have access to everything and no subscription cost. I couldn't play it at launch because...it sucked. It's better now but not amazingly better.

Eh, it kinda looked fun at first but playing through Skyrim way too many times to get 100% on the computer kind of sucked everything fun from the series (due to its bugs and whatnot)...

I don't mind mmo's per se but then I'm not really social online, I prefer playing alone tbh.

Wow, have you guys not played MMO's before? People just generally don't talk and you can't force them. You need to actually try to make some friends or join a guild etc. I've been in my Wow guild for 8 years. I've known these people for a long time and even when I don't play WoW for months or years at a time I still talk with them.

As for the game itself, Elder Scrolls Online has come a long way. It's buy to play now so that's good. You basically have access to everything and no subscription cost. I couldn't play it at launch because...it sucked. It's better now but not amazingly better.

That's not true at all. I've played FFXIV for a long time, and many people have approached me. People were willing to talk to me, and they would stop to listen to my message. People actually heal me and helped me out.
I don't exactly mean people will stop and say "HEY LETS BE FRIENDS", but no one in ESO ever read their public chat. No one helped anyone. Everyone did their own thing. It was seriously empty. You could try to PM or wave at someone, and you would still be ignored. It was seriously an anti social MMO. You could even look it up and read more about it. The only time I saw someone talk in the public chat was to make immature comments, or ask for quick directions only to be ignored.

And no, you don't get access to everything. The new expansions and cities cost money and some of their new updates are only accessible to people with memberships or if you pay for the expansion. It's not exactly free to play after purchase as there are still walls that prevent you from progressing unless you pay real money.

Last edited:

I played Aion and Tera and I met people at lvl 5 there without even trying. I think ESO is a great MMO, just that I would rather play it if any of my friends decide to give it a go since I don't want to have the same experience as I had in GW2!

I was hoping to find a thread about ESO here and I was wondering if anybody else played it. This is the most recent thread about it.

I know it had a rough launch, and I joined it 3 years after launch, shortly when Summerset launched. Only other MMO I played was RuneScape 3 and I was getting a little tired of it.

It's certainly an enjoyable MMO for me, as I love the Elder Scrolls series and I pride myself on being a bit of a lore nerd. It's the first MMO that I've really gotten into with the meta builds and actual end-game raid content. And I particularly enjoy the PvP, which is more than I can say for most PvP in games. I've kinda stepped away a bit to focus on the dailies until I knock out the achievements for said dailies (which are for the newest chapter, Necrom).

Anyways, does anyone else here play? What class and race (Dark Elf Dragonkight myself) do you main?

I've got 3,851.2 hours on the game on Steam.

Anyways, does anyone else here play? What class and race (Dark Elf Dragonkight myself) do you main?
I started playing a bit before 1 Tamriel dropped, initially intending to just play solo, but got really into vet dungeons, then getting the skins from the shadows of the hist dungeons when those dlc dropped, then getting into trials, and before I knew it I was a bonafide endgame mmo pve player :p

I have tons of fun memories of the game, but most of my friends started migrating to pc after the dungeon dlc containing stone garden dropped, so I just kinda stopped playing.

My proudest accomplishments are getting the Chaos Guardian title (I never take it off cuz I've never seen someone with it and did *intense* theory crafting to make healing those numbers possible), and being one of the first on my server to get True Genius.

What hooked me was their endgame smallgroup content, so I loved that I could go out on the high that was the fantastic Stone Garden trifecta.

I do sometimes think about coming back to the game cuz its combat and group play in endgame pve is really unique, but the 'healer' (a loose term in the eso meta) market is oversaturated and that's what I liked to play most
Post automatically merged:

my first toon was a breton templar, but I've made and levelled 1-2 of every class

I started playing a bit before 1 Tamriel dropped, initially intending to just play solo, but got really into vet dungeons, then getting the skins from the shadows of the hist dungeons when those dlc dropped, then getting into trials, and before I knew it I was a bonafide endgame mmo pve player :p

I have tons of fun memories of the game, but most of my friends started migrating to pc after the dungeon dlc containing stone garden dropped, so I just kinda stopped playing.

My proudest accomplishments are getting the Chaos Guardian title (I never take it off cuz I've never seen someone with it and did *intense* theory crafting to make healing those numbers possible), and being one of the first on my server to get True Genius.

What hooked me was their endgame smallgroup content, so I loved that I could go out on the high that was the fantastic Stone Garden trifecta.

I do sometimes think about coming back to the game cuz its combat and group play in endgame pve is really unique, but the 'healer' (a loose term in the eso meta) market is oversaturated and that's what I liked to play most
Post automatically merged:

my first toon was a breton templar, but I've made and levelled 1-2 of every class

YOOOO Stone Garden Vet was HARD. I progged that final boss for so long before the group just decided to go for the vet clear.

I need to do more vet content.

Back