• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Don't you just hate that?

Fearthecuteness

Oh hai mark
Bells
Chao Easter Egg
Flea
Winter Mittens
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Easter Egg
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Mailbox
Ancient Lantern
I dunno if it's just me but I hate the fact that you can't give bugs and fishes to someone else. I still haven't been able to catch a scorpion so I would pay LOADS of money for one. Imagine how much of a profit people could make from selling bugs and fishes. Anyway. What do you think?

It doesn't bother me. I haven't caught a scorpion either but I will try until I get one. There were a couple of bugs that I never caught, even after playing ACWW for 3 years. But it doesn't make me unhappy or anything. I get what I get, and what I don't get is something to work for. I just like playing the game by doing stuff in the game as and when I get the opportunity. I don't feel the need to rush. That's why I don't actively trade or sell or buy. I'm... slow like that. :D

But you can sell and buy pretty much everything else on this game though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It doesn't bother me. I haven't caught a scorpion either but I will try until I get one. There were a couple of bugs that I never caught, even after playing ACWW for 3 years. But it doesn't make me unhappy or anything. I get what I get, and what I don't get is something to work for. I just like playing the game by doing stuff in the game as and when I get the opportunity. I don't feel the need to rush. That's why I don't actively trade or sell or buy. I'm... slow like that. :D

Yeah it only bothers me about the scorpion because there's only a week left until we can't catch them anymore and I really wanna finish my list so I can get the golden net.

Last edited:
Nah, I like the satisfaction of catching things myself. Paying other people to fill your encyclopedia is ridiculous.

Nah, I like the satisfaction of catching things myself. Paying other people to fill your encyclopedia is ridiculous.

Yeah I've been catching everything else but for some reason I just can't catch a scorpion. Even if its standing still right in front of me. Dx

I know what you mean. But the other people are right too, I do like the satisfaction of filling your bug and fish encyclopedia yourself, even if it is slow. If you have to wait another year, then you do. I suppose it's part of it all. The only time I've ever been annoyed by this was when my friend wanted a bug to win the bug off with, and I couldn't give her a birdwing butterfly I had on me, which would of won... Oh well, she won in the end!

I think people should be able to give bugs and fish to someone else. It's like fossils and artwork. If you want to obtain everything on your own, don't buy them, trade for them, or accept them as gifts. If you don't want to be involved in that period, don't trade, sell, or gift your extra fish/bugs either.

But for those who don't mind it, I don't see the point in restricting it.

If I could Fearthecuteness, I'd give you the scorpion I caught last night. I swear these things stalk me. I left Re-Tail, walked a couple steps, and then there was the telltale movement/hissing sound they make.

Last edited:
I'm glad you can't. It means there's at least one thing people have to complete on their own instead of just buying them through the online community. I have nothing against trading, but there needs to be some aspects of the game that have to be done by you.

I think people should be able to give bugs and fish to someone else. It's like fossils and artwork. If you want to obtain everything on your own, don't buy them, trade for them, or accept them as gifts. If you don't want to be involved in that period, don't trade, sell, or gift your extra fish/bugs either.

But for those who don't mind it, I don't see the point in restricting it.

If I could Fearthecuteness, I'd give you the scorpion I caught last night. I swear these things stalk me. I left Re-Tail, walked a couple steps, and then there was the telltale movement/hissing sound they make.

^

Other people are silly for being so selfish.. nobody would FORCE you to trade to get those items. If some want to catch everything themselves, while others want to buy/sell them, then who cares?

Just because they don't like something harmless doesn't mean that it's fair to oppose it. It's like being on a diet and then getting mad when everyone around you doesn't do the same. If it isn't hurting anybody, then you have no right to oppose it. Simple as that.

I've seen a scorpion before, but I missed with my net and it attacked me xD

The scorpions scare me. I run. I still haven't caught one. I would definitely pay for one, just so I don't have to try and catch it.

Last edited:
Hm, I wish I could drop them in their cages, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Back