Don't hate me for this, but...

I agree I don't understand why he's so popular, but whatever, to each their own, pointless in judging someone for their villager preference. He's one of my least favorite squirrels. I think Mint, Peanut, Poppy and Blaire are really sweet and don't get why they don't get much attention compared to him.

Last edited:
Marshal is actually my favorite male squirrel villager and my favorite smug villager in-game, but I don't mind contrasting opinions.

What I hate are those who get engaged in cyberstalking of those who have one of the lesser popular villagers in town (like Caroline or Aurora).

I never said anything was hurting me, lovely, nor did I state that I was annoyed~ you seem determined to defend yourself against an attack that never was directed towards you.

"the annoying thing about "popular" villagers are that people tend to like them simply because of that"

Does that not mean it annoys you?

It's not so much defending myself as it is making it clear not everyone is like that. It would be kind of hard to defend myself against an attack when I didn't think you were intending for one in the first place. :p

I think Mint, Peanut, Poppy and Blaire are really sweet and don't get why they don't get much attention compared to him.

Poppy really is adorable! I like her colors. Of course, I actually do like Marshal as well. There's something about his grumpy little face that I find to be endearing.

Poppy really is adorable! I like her colors. Of course, I actually do like Marshal as well. There's something about his grumpy little face that I find to be endearing.

He's cute, but I don't get it.. Poppy is supreme.

"the annoying thing about "popular" villagers are that people tend to like them simply because of that"

Does that not mean it annoys you?

it seems that was worded a little strangely, my mistake. no, I'm not annoyed in general at popular villagers, nor people who like them. I simply cannot seem to understand the people who flock to popular villagers simply because they are popular. The mentality of "I hate this villager, but because he is so popular, I want him." That annoys me. I want to say "form your own opinions. there's 300 villagers, surely you can find someone you enjoy having around ^_^"I don't know, I just cannot understand that way of thinking. But no, I'm not going to hate on anyone for who they like, for any reason. As long as everyone gets who they want in the end and are happy, then that's all that matters

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up :) I'll agree with you there, I don't understand why someone would keep a villager they don't like just because they're popular either... but, to each their own.

Last edited:
I LOVE Marshal, but I agree he's everywhere and perhaps a bit hyped up. I do still like him a lot though, his perpetually sullen face reminds me so much of cute toddlers. :)

I sorta agree that he is way too hyped up than what he deserves to be. I like Marshal but he is by far not one of my favorite villagers. I just think that some people liked him in the beginning and then others hopped on the marshal train as well and then it all spun out of control. Personally my favorite squirrel is Filbert as he just has way more personality to him and that's something I enjoy more in villagers, but eh I guess everyone is still entitled to their own opinion :)

I sorta agree that he is way too hyped up than what he deserves to be. I like Marshal but he is by far not one of my favorite villagers. I just think that some people liked him in the beginning and then others hopped on the marshal train as well and then it all spun out of control. Personally my favorite squirrel is Filbert as he just has way more personality to him and that's something I enjoy more in villagers, but eh I guess everyone is still entitled to their own opinion :)
My favorite squirrel is Filbert, too! I might understand the hype a bit more if he was a Cranky villager. He looks way more cranky than smug.

We all have our own opinions. I like Marshal because he's smug. Also because he's funny. BUt, why do you judge a villager by popularity? Judge one by how they made you feel. I mean, yes he is "overrated", but that isn't a reason to hate him. Take Elise for an example (I miss her). YOu may think she's ugly, but she is a real sweetie. Like my friend said, "She's not ugly, she's different." That's how I got used to her.

We all have our own opinions. I like Marshal because he's smug. Also because he's funny. BUt, why do you judge a villager by popularity? Judge one by how they made you feel. I mean, yes he is "overrated", but that isn't a reason to hate him. Take Elise for an example (I miss her). YOu may think she's ugly, but she is a real sweetie. Like my friend said, "She's not ugly, she's different." That's how I got used to her.
I do like Marshal, we're just talking about how popular he is. I mean, most people hate Klaus with a burning passion, but I like him a lot. But I do in fact like Marshal.

Oh the irony, after making that comment earlier I now just loaded up my cycling town to find Marshal moving in lol xD

I quite like Marshal...he's just so tiny, but it's just like... I guess I've just cultivated a relationship with him in game, I unno. He's nice, and I like the Smug personality, they are all great. ; v; I might switch him out later on but it's no biggie for now.

Honestly, I think seeing the same villagers over and over again is annoying, but I just like to have certain ones...I guess if people want to have a villager, they can. I don't understand the hate, I guess everyone just wants to be a hipster, so tired of this bs Tumblrette attitude on the internet.

Back