• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Don't hate me for this, but...

What are you even talking about? No one on this thread has given any hate to someone for not liking Marshal. Are you just saying that in general?

I wondered this, too. I don't see "hate" about it. ?

I do think people use "over-rated" way too much these days. Also "hate" way too much. If someone doesn't agree with them, then it's all because of "hate" or else it's "over-rated."

Ugh...

Terms I won't miss when they become "over-used."

:p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Another one of these threads? -.-
Yes.

Yep...*sigh* another. Oh, well. People come and go here so it's to be expected. Still, I don't mind reading other peoples' views. It makes things more interesting, I think.

Yes, Marshal is overrated and I don't like him. Firstly, his stare is very annoying and looks bad. Also he is a white squirrel, which is very odd because squirrels should be brown or black.

Ahem. If I may.

I do agree that Marshal is overrated but NOT by an insane amount. Smugs are very flirtatious and sweet to the player, as most likely all have experienced. However, I have seen that Marshal does have a slightly different interest than other smugs. He frequently has told me about comic books and anime which in my book, is adorable to see in his character especially. Julian has never said anything like that when I had him and Curlos had noted that he collects bottle caps and such like a lot of smugs are known to do but not making comments on anime and comics.

The sloppy furniture in his room only furthers my personal belief in seeing Marshal as an awkward geek. I find it rather cute.

The obsession with his originality is what's overrated XD

I got him for like- 6 million bells because he was unoriginal. :/ And that was in an auction.

Yes, Marshal is overrated and I don't like him. Firstly, his stare is very annoying and looks bad. Also he is a white squirrel, which is very odd because squirrels should be brown or black.

dude
we always have a unicorn a teddy ber and a rhino made out of cake
and they all talk
i dont think him not being brown or black is a big deal or a deal at all

Last edited:
OP, your avatar is best. Cyrano 5ever~

Marshal: I think he is wildly popular because of his looks. I like him because of his face expression (well, the flat one??)... so I guess bc he looks angry.

1. This is a game with blue horses and purple pandas that wear clothes and talk. Marshal's not that different.

2. Albino animals are pretty darn cool looking. I'd like to see an albino squirrel someday.

Yeah there's a lot of people who like Marshal but so what? It's not like it's hurting anyone. They can love whatever villagers they want to just like you can love Julian and think he is better than Marshal. Not a big deal.

I agree with you, Lovelylexi.
Just as no one is gonna hate sp19047 for his opinion on Rooney, no one is gonna hate someone for his/her opinion on Marshal. If you hate something because it's popular, it doesn't make it bad. You shouldn't apologize for having an opinion, apologize when you're rude about it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In a world of technicolor ponies, deer, and bears, Marshal is actually seen as NORMAL.

maybe he's albino. don't judge, hater. you know his name, not his story!!!11

OP, your avatar is best. Cyrano 5ever~

Marshal: I think he is wildly popular because of his looks. I like him because of his face expression (well, the flat one??)... so I guess bc he looks angry.
Thank you about the avatar picture. He's my favorite villager. But I think Marshal looks cool, and I like smug villagers, but he's just... alright.

Thank you about the avatar picture. He's my favorite villager. But I think Marshal looks cool, and I like smug villagers, but he's just... alright.

I think Diana is alright but I'm not gonna make a thread venting on about how "over-rated" she is.
Maybe I'll make a thread about how overused the word "over-rated" is.

I like him - as I think he's cute, but that's it. I used to have him as a dreamie until I got involved in a bidding war for him (end result I didn't get him) but the final price for him was a bit ridiculous and I changed my mind about him. I like him and all, but I didn't think he was worth that many bells.

i mean, i guess i don't understand why this topic was made? haha a lot of people don't like marshal.

i love his face, so if i find him i'll keep him. i guess i'm a sell out but believe me when i say that i don't like 'tiers' and 'hated villager' threads or etc. it's just personal preference, as is . . . everything. about animal crossing.

i mean, i guess i don't understand why this topic was made? haha a lot of people don't like marshal.

i love his face, so if i find him i'll keep him. i guess i'm a sell out but believe me when i say that i don't like 'tiers' and 'hated villager' threads or etc. it's just personal preference, as is . . . everything. about animal crossing.
I accept that he is a popular villager, but I just hear about him being so awesome, but I just find him average.

Back