Does it seem like villagers ping more often?

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
I'm wondering if it's just me or if other people have noticed villagers pinging more often after the update.

I have seen a lot more pinging from my villagers as well, but then again, I have been playing a bit longer to see what else was added in the update...

I've noticed my villagers pinging a lot too! Maybe the update made it as a way to suggest PWPs more often?

I've noticed my villagers pinging a lot too! Maybe the update made it as a way to suggest PWPs more often?

That's my guess. Some of the updates have been to fix major issues that people had with the game and it takes forever to use the diving trick to get PWPs. So increasing the ping rate would definitely help.

It also helps to prevent you from losing villagers unexpectedly. You can also change things like the catchphrase more often, though most people probably don't care about that.

Last edited:
Mine are pinging more frequently as well. Also, they are suggesting PWP's more often in all three of my towns.

I've had slightly more pings than usual, but they haven't been pwp related. :(

definitely noticed more, i got 3 in only about 40min of regular gameplay earlier today whereas i have gone with 1 or none in that same period of time!

Now someone needs to quantify the new amount of time in between each ping so we can still use the diving trick. xD

I just got the update today and I've already noticed that they ping me a lot more. I've also had a couple of new conversations- Nan, my only normal villager, asked me which food best describes her, and pretzels were at the top of meter and chocolate was at the bottom.

I've noticed. It's actually driving me a little crazy as I'm busy doing other stuff when they come running up to me. Since I have all the pwps unlocked already, their frequent and multiple pings aren't my favourite ;)

Last edited:
I just got the update today and I've already noticed that they ping me a lot more. I've also had a couple of new conversations- Nan, my only normal villager, asked me which food best describes her, and pretzels were at the top of meter and chocolate was at the bottom.

That conversation was there before, but maybe you've just never seen it before by chance.

I've noticed villages have been pinging me for tasks like getting fruit and collecting bugs/fish. Something they would normally asky for when I talk to them.

Lucky pinged me today just to tell me that he thinks I'm really cool, I know that was always there, but that hasn't happened to me before! Skye also suggested a PWP, and that's only happened once before! I haven't seen a huge increase in pings but it definitely feels like there is one 0:

Huh, that's weird. I've been spending quite a lot of time running around my town ever since downloading the update and haven't noticed any change in the amount of pings. Maybe I'll need to experiment more. It would be cool if it was more frequent now.

I haven't noticed any increase of pinging, but I'm still working on getting all my dream villagers' cards so I tend to ignore the villagers (aside from Molly and Wendy.) I also haven't finished up getting the Town Work Permit so that may be it.

I have noticed NPC conversations happening a lot more lately, mainly on or near the bridge in my town. I think I saw 3 within 40 minutes of playing!

Back