• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone still play city folk?

I never liked city folk much. I still have it though because I swear to myself I'll actually play it sometime.

New Leaf was my first AC game, which I bought in January. I loved it, and wanted to try out the other games. I bought City Folk for $20 bucks or something and played it a few times. They talk so slowly and I hate the controls. I can see why long-term AC fans struggle to go back. :S

Last edited:
No. I got it when it first came out and I got bored of it within a month.

No. I got it when it first came out and I got bored of it within a month.

I think you just described 95% of TBT's City Folk experiences.

or mine at least. and make it 2 weeks.

I was playing every day until NL came out, then I was down to a few times a month, just to keep up the weeds & check on my villagers.

I play it a couple times a week. I restarted my town when I found out about the Wi-fi closure and made sure I got my hands on some fruit, the DLC and bells so that way I'd have everything I needed when I was ready to play it. So now when I play, I have a nearly empty museum to fill, characters to create and build houses for and a town to landscape. I personally don't find any of the Animal Crossings boring lol

I wanted to keep it, but my mother sold my Wii. I was considering buying another, but I wasn't going to spoil the fun of the game again by hacking it with the Homebrew Channel. I was pretty stupid for doing so, because I ruined the whole fun of the game. uvu

Well.... I had City Folk and I played it a lot until I got Animal Crossing New Leaf
( I Didn't enjoy City Folk much to be honest) I got bored of it after a while

I never really got into CF in the first place. I only played it for a week at the most :c
I just found it boring and I HATED the villager dialogue and how they'd just leave without me having a real say. Also the wii is downstairs and my parents hate when I use it so I can barely go on it anyway. So no I don't play it anymore.

I abandoned it for NL and my mom adores it. I'll go on sometimes just to garden or something.

Back