• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Does anyone still play city folk?

I never liked city folk much. I still have it though because I swear to myself I'll actually play it sometime.

New Leaf was my first AC game, which I bought in January. I loved it, and wanted to try out the other games. I bought City Folk for $20 bucks or something and played it a few times. They talk so slowly and I hate the controls. I can see why long-term AC fans struggle to go back. :S

Last edited:
No. I got it when it first came out and I got bored of it within a month.

No. I got it when it first came out and I got bored of it within a month.

I think you just described 95% of TBT's City Folk experiences.

or mine at least. and make it 2 weeks.

I was playing every day until NL came out, then I was down to a few times a month, just to keep up the weeds & check on my villagers.

I play it a couple times a week. I restarted my town when I found out about the Wi-fi closure and made sure I got my hands on some fruit, the DLC and bells so that way I'd have everything I needed when I was ready to play it. So now when I play, I have a nearly empty museum to fill, characters to create and build houses for and a town to landscape. I personally don't find any of the Animal Crossings boring lol

I wanted to keep it, but my mother sold my Wii. I was considering buying another, but I wasn't going to spoil the fun of the game again by hacking it with the Homebrew Channel. I was pretty stupid for doing so, because I ruined the whole fun of the game. uvu

Well.... I had City Folk and I played it a lot until I got Animal Crossing New Leaf
( I Didn't enjoy City Folk much to be honest) I got bored of it after a while

I never really got into CF in the first place. I only played it for a week at the most :c
I just found it boring and I HATED the villager dialogue and how they'd just leave without me having a real say. Also the wii is downstairs and my parents hate when I use it so I can barely go on it anyway. So no I don't play it anymore.

I abandoned it for NL and my mom adores it. I'll go on sometimes just to garden or something.

Back