Does anyone else want attention, but hate it when you actually get it?

Twisterheart

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Does anyone else want attention, but hate it when you actually get it? I'm like this all the time. I don't have any friends, so I'm pretty lonely sometimes. I'm always thinking to myself how I wish I had someone to talk to and spend time with, but as soon as a stranger tries to talk to me I tense up and get really embarrassed. I don't know why, but I just hate receiving attention of any kind.

Tonight I was at the store, and as I was checking out one of the employees came up behind me and said something to me that I didn't hear. I turned around and he was standing there holding a fake mustache over his mouth, staring at me. I didn't know what he said, and I was so embarrassed I just stood there for a couple of seconds not sure what was even going on until he apologized and ran off. I don't like when stuff like this happens to me, because it makes me embarrassed. :(

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

I can't stand talking to people.
That's why I have a cat.

I absolutely love attention from my loved ones, but if it's someone I don't know well (like a teacher or fellow student), I hate it.

Oh I understand the struggle very well. :eek: I'm naturally a reserved and quiet person that doesn't go out much at all so I'm not used to attention. Sometimes I start to crave attention but whenever I get it, I change my mind and go back to my own peace. I often dream about being liked by many people but I don't think that's actually the best for me.

This is really weird but if I develop some kind of romantic feelings towards a person, I really want the feelings to be returned at first but if that ends up happening, it's suddenly uncomfortable and I want to escape the situation. That has happened a few times and it has felt scary every time.

sort of
sometimes i feel so lonely
but i don't want to talk to anyone and i don't want anyone to know my problems because i dont want anyone's sympathy
i hate being pitied

I like it from my loved ones, especially bf. Never too much attention. From strangers or people I barely know, only attention I'd want is maybe my work. But not too much. So if I were to get famous one day, it would be that, but myself out of the public eye? If that makes sense. I'm usually too shy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't stand talking to people.
That's why I have a cat.

Preach

Last edited:
Q: Does anyone else want attention, but hate it when you actually get it?

A: Sometimes... There are times when I would want it and times when I really don't want it. Though... I do understand the feeling of not liking the attention when you actually get the attention. When I usually get this attention sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable. The common denominator for this is how people approach me. For me... If I don't like the approach of the attention when someone converses with me then I would definitely not engage in any shape or form. Some people think I'm kind of intimidating and a bit hard to approach in general.

yeah . i want people to care about me but i feel embarrassed and hate myself when i try to express it or when i get it because i feel i don’t deserve it

I don't really care much about attention I think, because it feels uneasy for me and often I avoid things that might gotten me into someone's attention.. But I do want a recognition of my works, especially from my family

I don't mind and sometimes enjoy getting attention, but I definitely never enjoy being in the spotlight - like being pointed out or talked about or praised or whatever in front of other people. Which in the past kind of made all of those proud-parent moments (awards night, graduations, performances) horrifying for me.

I really love attention, I'm not even gonna waste time being smooth about it. I like to have positive attention all the time, like... I like people to think I'm cool and what-not, and also having secure friendships that wont break down fast usually mean attention, but people seem to think I dig negative drama-born attention which sucks lmao.
Anyways, I love the idea of attention, and usually online I do love attention it's wonderful, but any positive attention off of the net I tend to.. avoid lol.

I have a meme for this occasion:
af340ec4d3e1cb2546d6249a7d5142b1.jpg

I'm definitely like this. I'm an introvert who wants to be an omnivert. I love being alone sometimes, but sometimes I really want to have more friends and start dating and stuff.

I do tend to find that that happens to me a lot- I constantly dream about having people pay attention to me, but then I can barely even function when people finally do.

I mean yes if you put it simply. But it's moreso that if I ask my bf for attention, I don't get the kind of attention I wanted to get so I hate it.

Does this make sense to any of you? lmao

I don't hate the things I want.

I dont like attention because it makes me feel uncomfortable so I dont actively seek for it. It would be dumb if I did.

The only person I care about getting attention from is my boyfriend, and sometimes I have to bug him for it but most of the time he showers me with it, and even when he's trying to annoy me I love it still. Other people I couldn't care less about getting attention from them, rather they'd just leave me be! =D

Back