• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anybody else have autism/aspergers?

The argument ended 2 weeks ago.

tru i just bumped the thread bc i wanted to let u all know im A Confirmed Autistic (tm) now :^>

also @animalcrossingperson the spectrum is bigger than that n everyone on the spectrum is autistic, but that doesnt mean that we r all the same n need the same help!!!

I have a lot of friends with mild forms of autism but I don't have either myself. My sister recently started a job working with kids who have autism and I think it's really great. I used to babysit a kid with autism who could only make two sounds, but the kid was a serious genius, he had a Velcro communication board and he would tell me exactly what he wanted to do with the little pictures, and when I couldn't figure out how to switch over their t.v. the the DVD player he took the remote and did it himself, it was really amazing, his name was Zachary, and all he could do was make B and P noises but seriously so dang smart.

Last edited:
I have aspergers syndrome, so that explains a few things, I also have ADHD, what a GREAT combination!

My 10-year brother has autism

I hate went people stare at him in public if he acts out a little

My brother has aspergers. He's almost 19 and still acts like he's 13. He's pretty clueless about a lot of things.
He can be pretty awesome and fun to talk to sometimes though.

I am not autistic, but my little brother is. He's the classic kind of autism. He has quite a lot of problems when it comes to learning. However, if it was not for him, I think I would never have understood autism since I was a little kid. And since the day I learned what it is, I took care of my little brother since then while we are out. At home, we all try to help him out as much as possible.

I have a lot of friends with mild forms of autism but I don't have either myself. My sister recently started a job working with kids who have autism and I think it's really great. I used to babysit a kid with autism who could only make two sounds, but the kid was a serious genius, he had a Velcro communication board and he would tell me exactly what he wanted to do with the little pictures, and when I couldn't figure out how to switch over their t.v. the the DVD player he took the remote and did it himself, it was really amazing, his name was Zachary, and all he could do was make B and P noises but seriously so dang smart.

I love this!

I do not believe in people getting diagnosed with "autism" It is nothing more than a label that is slapped on your forehead. It is just the way your brain is wired, people seem to make a big deal out of that. Btw people get offended at me identifying myself as a mermaid and most of you don't even believe in them. Some people need to get their logic straight.

You're comparing people believing they have autism to people believing you're a mermaid? Are you serious?

It's okay for someone to believe that they have autism. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to believe that they do.

Last edited:
I do not believe in people getting diagnosed with "autism" It is nothing more than a label that is slapped on your forehead. It is just the way your brain is wired, people seem to make a big deal out of that. Btw people get offended at me identifying myself as a mermaid and most of you don't even believe in them. Some people need to get their logic straight.

Not trying to start an argument, hope my tone doesn't sound weird, I'm not the best at reading my own tone on the internet, but it helps a lot with coping skills and forms a sense of community to have a word for it. Many Autistic people need accommodations or help of some kind, and many of the ones that don't still wish to get involved in a community of like-minded people, and labels help us get that socially, while a professional diagnosis can help get legally accommodated for certain things. It's okay if someone does not wish to label themselves or get a diagnosis, but it can be very helpful to some people! :)

ignoring the ableist in the thread im going to go ahead n ask other autistics a thing !!

what tf are you supposed to say to people when they try to "comfort" you about your diagnosis even tho u arent sad about it by sayign rly rude stuff, implying that i'm not actually autistic or that i am "high functioning"?? it makes me want to hit them in the face but i understand that that's not a great idea...
i want to explain to them that i am autistic and that that isn't a bad thing for me.... my parents and other people keeps telling me stuff like "you shouldn't feel useless just because you have this diagnosis!!!" and that's nice right but..... like.... i don't feel useless, i feel rather good about finally being diagnosed and they're kind of implying that autism is The Worst Thing Ever and it makes me kind of sad...

so how do u ppl think i should handle this? i want to explain to them that i think they're hurting my feelings but i don't want to punch them in the face..

ignoring the ableist in the thread im going to go ahead n ask other autistics a thing !!

what tf are you supposed to say to people when they try to "comfort" you about your diagnosis even tho u arent sad about it by sayign rly rude stuff, implying that i'm not actually autistic or that i am "high functioning"?? it makes me want to hit them in the face but i understand that that's not a great idea...
i want to explain to them that i am autistic and that that isn't a bad thing for me.... my parents and other people keeps telling me stuff like "you shouldn't feel useless just because you have this diagnosis!!!" and that's nice right but..... like.... i don't feel useless, i feel rather good about finally being diagnosed and they're kind of implying that autism is The Worst Thing Ever and it makes me kind of sad...

so how do u ppl think i should handle this? i want to explain to them that i think they're hurting my feelings but i don't want to punch them in the face..
Imo you should just politely ignore it, chances are they're just trying to be nice and failing. They're just worried you feel bad about yourself or are projecting their own thoughts on you.

Maybe you could try writing notes explaining how you feel rather than saying it verbally? It might be easier to really think about what is priority to explain, plus, you'll probably be less likely to get angry.

Maybe you could try writing notes explaining how you feel rather than saying it verbally? It might be easier to really think about what is priority to explain, plus, you'll probably be less likely to get angry.

aa thank u i might try that!!!

dino: yeah ik but i mean, that someone is trying to be nice doesn't mean that they ARE nice and it kind of hurts my feelings and i'd like to let them know that...

aa thank u i might try that!!!

dino: yeah ik but i mean, that someone is trying to be nice doesn't mean that they ARE nice and it kind of hurts my feelings and i'd like to let them know that...
Yeah I understand that my method of approach is prob not the best one, but it's what I'd do personally.

Also @Hulavuta
Isn't that kind of what autism is? I mean it goes more in depth than that but it's a label put on people who are wired differently, because being wired differently causes a good amount of differences in their behavior and thinking, which leads to the label being needed to differentiate these people.

Last edited:
You're comparing something that has actual physical proof, is supported by academic studies, and is recognized by the scientific community, to one of your deluded ideas. If anyone needs to get their logic straight, it's you.

Last edited:
Back