• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you use a headset or voice chat when gaming?

Have you ever used a headset or voice chat when gaming with others?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • No.

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No, but I thought about it and would like to.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Just a simple question. Do you use a headset or any type of voice chat when gaming with others? I have one for XBOX One, but I rarely ever use it with strangers. I would have no problem using it with my best friend or other friends of mine. I’m really self conscious of my voice on any calls, just hearing it back makes me uncomfortable.

Just a simple question. Do you use a headset or any type of voice chat when gaming with others? I have one for XBOX One, but I rarely ever use it with strangers. I would have no problem using it with my best friend or other friends of mine. I’m really self conscious of my voice on any calls, just hearing it back makes me uncomfortable.

I've done it a few times and wouldn't mind doing it in the future when I get more games and am playing online. Like when I get a PS5 and get enough games, I'll probably end up doing that. But to be honest I've always preferred messaging. It's kind of difficult to do so on like a Switch/Console but I used to play a lot of MMORPGs and stuff back in the day so I'm used to that method and have had insanely epic and amazing memories with messaging people and expressing myself in that way lol

Yea I use my headset all the time, don't get me wrong when I first got my xbox an a headset I didn't ever want to look at the headset, just couldn't get up the courage to talk with strangers but eventually I started to, some games like Minecraft they owners of the realms actually want to talk to you so I got used to talking with strangers an in the end actually met some really awesome friends

Only when I know all of the people in the chat and vibe with them. I have severe anxiety and voice just makes it a lot worse, especially if the people I'm speaking with are very toxic. I also get made fun of a lot for my voice or mannerisms so I try to avoid people like that as well.

To be honest, if I know the person, maybe. It would depend on my social battery.

I use to be ADDICTED to rainbow six siege call outs are very important even non-comp! So yeah I've definitely used it A LOT of times

I hate voice chat(speaking in phones generally) so big fat no.

I've definitely used headset/earphones/whatever though mostly to not disturb others though.

i've used discord voice chat to communicate with strangers a few times (when it's sort of necessary) through headphones connected to my phone, but i mute myself as i'm conscious of my breathing?? like if it's loud or smth-

but like if they're from a community i'm a part of then i'm more comfortable and i don't get the shakes heh-

Last edited:
i actually bought a turtle beach headset for raiding on wow! i have issues with voice chat since my hearing is definitely not 100%, i have mild to moderate hearing loss and rely on captions a LOT. but this headset has such excellent sound quality it really helps. it also really helps that my guild is super friendly and no one freaks out when we wipe. we definitely joke around and lightly roast each other, but we've never been nasty or anything.

outside of raiding, i really only use the headset to listen to music tho since i am a shy bean that does not like her own voice.

It really all depends on what game I'm playing and who I'm playing with. Some games I do voice chat, and some I'd rather just message them.

If its with a group of friends I usually Voice Chat, otherwise, I tend to shy away from it. Better to just, not talk in a lot of games these days sadly...

If I’m playing a game with anyone I know then we always talk on discord but I never talk to people that I don’t know in the game

Depends on the game and who I'm playing with. I've done voice chat on Discord in the past, mainly with the Jackbox games, so I don't have a problem with doing it when I feel comfortable with the group I'm chatting to, but with strangers I'd rather not, lol.

I only will use my headset in games if I know the people that I'm playing with. Since I'm
too shy to voice with random game strangers, but I mostly just use Discord when me and
my friends are gaming.

I’ve done voice chat a few times, but I’d like to do it more. It’s much easier than typing during intense game moments. The only problem is my social anxiety. More often than not I’m just too afraid to do voice chat. As a result I’ve only done it with friends I knew well. Even then I still had bad experiences. One time I was playing a game and someone actually said “you’re less charming on the phone. Ever since I’ve been weary about voice chat.

Last edited:
I honestly don't use it to talk to randoms in-game and I don't play with friends too often so usually it's very rare when I use it while gaming. I'm just not a talker in general. I know the whole point to play games with friends is to have fun but if we're playing a FPS game and everyone is talking, it's so hard to focus on the actual game. I'm also bad at calling out stuff like they want me to.

Friend: Go mid, go mid!
Me: THERE IS NO MID, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Friend: Go. Mid. Now.

I hated playing on voice chat cause everyone would always say I sound like a 12 year old boy lmao. It's been awhile since I played a game with a group chat though but I prefer to avoid it.

Nope, I refuse. I've played a lot of MMORPGs and sometimes the groups want you to be on voice chat. If they force the issue, then I'm out. I have anxiety and panic attacks from talking on the phone and voice chat feels like the same thing to me. I can't bring myself to do it. I play games to have fun and voice chat ruins the experience for me.

Back