• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you try to play daily or time travel?

I TTed to unlock all the PWP's I wanted, to move villagers out, and to plot reset when I knew I had time to. Otherwise I play day to day. I'm not opposed to TTing sometime in the future, but I don't need to right now. And now that I have all the villagers I want I'm scared to accidentally loose one.

I was time traveling a lot mainly because I had reset my town a while back and then took a break from it. So when I returned I had not yet had shampoodle so I was doing some TTing to get that. Now I've been trying to stick to daily but it always seems I don't have enough to do in one day. Although, I have been setting down my paths and landscaping so that's taking up a lot of my time for daily tasks.

I mostly play daily. But I like to stay within early spring/summer (so about March-maybe June). I don't like it when it gets cloudy and rainy around June so I tend to TT back to when it's sunny :)

If I don't play for an extended time, I time travel, but when I reach the current day, I stop time traveling.

Main town is daily but it was started one day ahead. Did this so I could play the event and than enjoy the real one with my family.

My other towns can get frozen on a date. Sometimes I'll play 2 to 3 days in one day to do some catch up.
I do run a town late February to late September and than do a big jump. Played since the release and like having a town without snow.
I did time travel for a few towns for Gracie. For my main town just waited for things to get unlocked.

Used to play daily but right now, once or twice a week. I only time travel when I miss the shops or when the villagers are all sleeping. Otherwise, I play it the normal kind of way.

I never time travel but it always feels nervewracking coming back from months break at a time, praying that my favourites never go.

I play every other day, sometimes every day if I have an unbusy week. Which is usually never ;P

I've tried both. Honestly I don't think it's cheating, given the fact it's such an easy thing to do and it's not like you are going through your DS, GC, Wii, and changing the time settings on your actual console. It's just an easy option before starting your Animal Crossing game and for those that work all day or go to school and don't have time to shop at the shops while they are open or visit villagers while they're awake, can honestly suck. I think people should play however they want. I see both bright sides to either way of playing!

i usually play daily unless i'm really determined to change something in my town that requires me to tt.

I usually play daily since I don't like to tt too much (it ruins my tan and I don't want to risk my dreamies moving out). I do plan on tting more soon though, I'm gonna rework my whole town next month and want to get rid of pwps faster and put new ones in.

I take pride in playing the game completely legit - I won't even accept items off others which have been acquired through illegitimate means (either duping or hacking). I worked hard for this progress, dignabbit! The satisfaction of having a town look good and having a complete catalogue without doing any form of cheating is something great. (.. Though I'm still working on that.)

Animal Crossing is a long-term game! If I cheated to complete everything I wanted to do, it'd just be.. done. That's it. Nothing else to work towards, and nothing to bring me to play the game again. It's nice to boot up the game knowing there's something that can be done, and every day there's at least *something* I can do to bring me towards that endgame goal.

I haven't ever time traveled yet. Especially since I'm playing like 2 hours on 1 day minimally so I don't really have time for more because of school :(

I time travel all the time lol, I have too much to do with school and work and everything so I often play in spurts. I don't want my villagers to move out or anything so I tend to time travel back to the last day I played so that I don't risk losing anyone!

I play daily. I have only time traveled once, and killed my turnips, SOOO I learned my lesson. Haha. NEVER AGAIN.

I do a little of both because I mostly play at night so I change the clock back to daytime so that retail will be open so I can sell my bugs and I have time traveled to unlock the shops and pwps.

I can't play daily because I have so much stuff going on with school ahhhhhhh so now I do time travel but into the past, I'm still on Septrmber 16th ATM ahahahahaha trying to catch up on the pesent with my free time xD

I time travel & play daily. I just play multiple days in one day to get everything unlocked faster. The first time I played the game I played it 100% legit doing everything myself and playing in real time. However, since I sold my first copy of new leaf that had my first town save file on it & have since made other towns on different copies, I don't have the patience to do that all over again. I'm playing through the game again semi-normally as in buying new items at shops only to fill my catalog but this time I'm going at a much faster pace. I'm the kind of gamer that's gets in a mood to play a lot of one thing for a short period of time only to move on to the next thing I'm obsessed with. Because of this it's difficult for me to get too far into new leaf before I move on so I figure speeding up the process to actually see the "end game" or a "completed town" is worth me doing so that's what I'm doing right now. Also I have access to every single villager so I can do easily what was a gigantic pain the first time. I can move in any villager and kick anyone out. If I don't like where there house is after 5 months of playing then no problem just kick them out and have them come back later at a better spot.

Ok I've rambled long enough sry about that >.<

Last edited:
Back