• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does time travelling only ever count as one day if forwards, too?

Erika

Bells
Hello,

so we probably all know by now that, no matter how far you travel backwards in time, it's only ever counted as one day by the game. But is the same true for traveling forwards? I'm only worried about my villagers moving out to be honest. They might be talking about haven't seen me in 46 years, but since nobody moved out even when I didn't play for half a year or one I'm thinking it should be safe, no? If it's really true, I also wanna try doing that 99.999 bells interest thingy that was so popular during ACWW times again lol

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

so we probably all know by now that, no matter how far you travel backwards in time, it's only ever counted as one day by the game. But is the same true for traveling forwards? I'm only worried about my villagers moving out to be honest. They might be talking about haven't seen me in 46 years, but since nobody moved out even when I didn't play for half a year or one I'm thinking it should be safe, no? If it's really true, I also wanna try doing that 99.999 bells interest thingy that was so popular during ACWW times again lol

Thanks in advance!

It's been a while since I played New Leaf, so take it with a grain of salt. But forward it should just count normally. But if you boot the game up and one villager left, that's the only villager that could have left in that time. Only one villager can leave without you being there.

If you want to avoid that though, go back to your last day played and wait until someone wants to move out. If you decline, you can move forward any amount of time without any villager moving.

No idea about the interest thing, but from experience with New Horizons it should work.

Back