• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you Time Travel or not?

No for my main town unless I'm late playing in the evening. Roll the time back so I can play the fishing tournament.
That usually is a moving day and the villager in the house usually give the rumor mover up.

My extra towns yes. Town Lolly outside is completed and I have 4 houses. So I stopped a mover and stay on the same day. Everything is unlocked and completed in the town. Picked the perfect day because Mr. Badge Guy shows up. Play the game when I want to visit my villagers and it's relaxing.

Guest town and new town were frozen when I just wanted to play my main town. For those I save/quit when I get an early mover than TT to the next day and finish that day. Both towns are finally caught up.

My guest town will be finishing 2015 soon. After I'm TTing to Spring and play until summer ends. Than repeat again.
All my players have all the bugs/fish caught and I've been playing since release. Want to stay in two seasons that I like.

I do time travel when I don't get to play at the time I want to play. Like if I don't get the chance to play until 11 p.m., all the shops will be closed, so I'll move the time back a few hours. Otherwise, no.

I think it can ruin the authenticity of the game (for me personally, of course). I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with time travel, but I like to play by the rules and I like that the game happens in real time.

Last edited:
I time travel only when I need to get rid of villagers and I don't know what to do with the rest of the day in AC

Last edited:
I mostly just TT within the day to use the shops and such. ^^" I sometimes will TT day by day to buy bush starts and saplings or to cycle out villagers, but I rarely travel more than a week in the future.

I used to time travel a lot in the very beginning of my town (because the start is so slow). Then I slowly stopped to simply enjoy the game that it was intended to be played.

I never have and never will on New Leaf. I like the daily routines and the surprises which can come day by day; they motivate me to play more and I find it's much more enjoyable. I'm too scared to mess anything up even if I did decide to TT anyway; I TT'd a lot in Wild World and everything went crazy xD

Yes, everyday as I find most of my fun in it - traveling, kicking vilagers, looking what's in shops, catching rare bugs for bells, plot-resetting and generally seeing as my town grows more beautiful faster.

Back