• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you think Nintendo will come out with a newer version of New Leaf soon?

I'm hoping a new ac will not be made until after the NX has been released. A game release in the west sometime 2018.
Earlier if they make ac a launch game for the NX - I'm hoping they don't do that, I don't want to buy a console at launch - I did that with the 3ds and regretted it.

New leaf made a big jump (in my eyes) from acww and accf. Its a good game and I'll keep playing happily until 2018.
Nintendo has never made more than one ac game per console.
I see HHD & Festivale as add ons to keep us happy in the interim (if acnl has palled - albeit it hasn't for me).

Not how most players see it. I'm in no hurry to leave acnl.

I'm predicting it would be out on late 2016 or next year. They I've kept us waiting for a long time

I'm predicting a late 2016 announcement.. and then mid 2017 release in japan and we likely won't get to see it until late to early 2018! lol.. timelines are consistent with another member's comment here.. 2018. :p

We should make a list of things we want from a new AC game and send it in to Nintendo!

I don't believe that HHD is the next game. It's more of a spin-off of the series, like Pok?mon Pinball or Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon.

This said, I don't know how long it will take for a new AC game. If they wanted to release a new one this year, they would have announced it or hinted at it by now. Unless they want to release it for the Wii U, they might wait a bit longer because the new 3DS isn't that different from the regular 3DS and NL is still being played.

Aww, I know what you mean. These games are super expensive when I wasn't working. I always asked for them on my birthday or Christmas. I know it's very much a luxury item.

I also completely agree with you about handheld device. The beauty of it is that you can be commuting, traveling or whatever and can still play the game. Don't have to be tied to your TV screen.

i feel this as well part of the reason i play new leaf as much as i do is because its on a handheld device. but i really hope a new one comes out and they keep in mind the people who want to play it on 3DS.

Whenever the next animal crossing comes out, hopefully it's gonna be on the new 3ds (or whatever handheld will be nintendo's big thing then). I don't really have the money or space for a console, and ac is one of those games that I think plays best when you can pick it up, play for a little while, put it on sleep mode and come back later etc.

I'm hoping that it get's released on the 3DS and the console. They did it with Smash Brother so they should be able to do it with the new AC game. It would be nice to play it on both. Play on the go with the 3DS and than switch to the console later at night.

One of my side players birthday wish was A New AC Game. The villager keeping telling the mayor the wish and they hope her wish comes true.

Lately, I've been wondering if they will release a new game soon. I'd personally prefer if they'd hold off for a couple years.
I don't own HHD yet, I might purchase it on my birthday in June, and it will almost be a year old by then so I hope something new doesn't get announced. I'd like to have time to play it and collect the special cards for it.
I've owned NL since release and I just restarted in early January, and I've gotten farther along in 2 months than I did in any previous towns I had, so I'd still like have lots of time to let my town grow and landscape it to my idea of perfection.

I also prefer the handheld games, I just feel awkward playing on a console. It might be because I never played on gamecube, and I barely touched City Folk. If the game was released on both 3DS and console, that would be awesome for everyone.

I think it's gonna be awhile until we get a new Animal Crossing. Nintendo seems to be more focused on spin-off games which are fine but they don't have as much replay value for me. I can pick up New Leaf at any time and have something to do on there. Always.

Part of me wants a new Animal Crossing but part of me doesn't because I imagine it would be on the Wii-U and I refuse to buy that. They'll probably push ambiio cards and whatever other gimmicky stuff Nintendo has cooked up. I can't help but think that the way video games are going is kind of a joke. I'll stick with New Leaf and Population Growing.

I think it's gonna be awhile until we get a new Animal Crossing. Nintendo seems to be more focused on spin-off games which are fine but they don't have as much replay value for me. I can pick up New Leaf at any time and have something to do on there. Always.

Part of me wants a new Animal Crossing but part of me doesn't because I imagine it would be on the Wii-U and I refuse to buy that. They'll probably push ambiio cards and whatever other gimmicky stuff Nintendo has cooked up. I can't help but think that the way video games are going is kind of a joke. I'll stick with New Leaf and Population Growing.

I'm totally with you on that one. I can't bring myself to buy a Wii-U. Part of it is because we don't own a TV at home, by choice. So playing the WII U would req. an investment in a TV which we can't afford right now.

I read that the WII U was the worst performing system Nintendo released. And because Sony and other gaming platforms are really stealing market share, Nintendo is in a bit of a tight spot to catch up and really take back market share. There are high hopes for the NX. I think they would launch a pokemon game first with the intro of NX, and AC would come after.

I mean there are a few classics that never goes away:
Pokemon
Super Mario
Legend of Zelda..

and I think AC is making itself a spot in that classics Nintendo list.

Think about it. They won't spend all this time and money to redo all these characters just for spin-off games like HHD. I'm sure something new is on its way, just a matter of time.

I'm in no rush for a new AC. I still have plenty to do in New Leaf.
I certainly wouldn't want a console version - to me, AC is perfect for handhelds. The portability, the fact you can just pick it up and play for 10 minutes then put it back down... I just don't think games like AC work on consoles. That's just my opinion, though. If a new AC game came out on a console, I wouldn't buy it. I've actually not owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. But I will absolutely buy a new handheld system if that's what the next AC comes out on, which I expect will be the case.

Back