do you style your character like yourself irl?

crimisakitty

♫no money, no boyfriend♫
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
4501-5882-2615
i think my character is adorable, but she doesn't really look like me lol. we usually don't even have the same eye/hair colors. as for clothing, i might dress like my character if i had the same money, freedom, and closet space... but my own clothing is much more basic. i like to give my character recreations of kpop idol outfits but i dont have that kind of confidence irl :LOL:

Yeah, he wears clothing I would typically wear: lots of denim, leather, and tartan. Oh and Aloha shirts!

I no longer have a mohawk though so in a way I am reliving my 20s through him.

Originally I made my character look a little like me, but I changed my character based on the qr codes I use; I use a lot of custom design outfits based on favorite characters.

None of the hairstyles are really close to my current one (I have a short faux mullet) so I just go for hairstyles I like/previous hairstyles I’ve had. I made my character a shade darker because I like to pretend I have a tan 😅

Clothes can be anything but I’d say it’s a similar vibe to what I wear irl. Chill/casual with spots of colour, pretty genderless clothes/more masc clothes. I do have funky accessories I wouldn’t normally wear though

In games with more choices (height/facial structure/build) I probably lean towards changing the things I don’t like as much about myself, or would opt for if I had a choice 🤷

Yes. I tend to model my characters after myself in real life. My characters are usually what I envision when I look in the mirror.

Not at all. In Animal Crossing, I purchase and throw on the most wacky clothing.

I also alternate my character between male and female rapidly. Sometimes multiple times in the same playing session. (despite my animal crossing character using my real life male name).

i'm a metalhead dude, i dress mostly in dark colors (mainly black) and am fairly masculine.
my character, on the other hand... constantly dressed in pink and dresses and skirts, sometimes cutesy-gothic. my island, too, is mostly pink. i love pink stuff, i just wouldn't wear it irl. i guess we're both very pale and have black hair, but that's about it.

Almost exact. I'd say the only major difference between my actual self and my player characters is the fact that my hair is actually blonde, while my characters have dark brown/near black hair. It's a personal preference as I prefer that color better in-game. In terms of outfits, it's pretty much how I dress in real life. Plain shirts, plain pants/shorts, and no accessories other than sunglasses in the summer and a hat in winter. I like to keep things simple and not stand out.

Yes, my character has my name and is basically me so it feels really immersive when I’m playing 😊

My main island character is dressed to look like me in real life, but my second island character is dressed to be me as who I’d love to be, my Pocket Camp character. I love her so much, she’s basically my alter ego.

For the most part, yes. My IRL hair color is right between dark brown and black, so I have to choose one or the other in the game, but everything else is fine appearance-wise.

I do stray a little with the clothing (I don't wear glasses and I don't like hair clips/barrettes), but my character would look bland without any accessories. I also wear jackets, hoodies, sweatpants, pyjama pants, sneakers, and boots in-game, much like I do in real life.

Yes!! My little character wears things I would normally wear and same hair color and style. I wish I had the variety of wardrobe my character has. Lol!!

I always make my character male, but that’s where the similarities end. I don’t have spiky hair in real life and also he’s a little lighter skinned than me. But I’ve always thought of my Animal Crossing character as a separate person from me.

In a way yes and a way, no. The face style of my characters are always gonna be slightly different than my own irl, but the style is very much like my own. I was born with natural young looks, so I guess I tend to go with something similar, but it’s also something I like too. Overall I like the way my characters look. As for clothing, I love casual clothes such as tees and shorts, but I do like to dress up cute from time to time. 🙂

Well I don't usually wear lederhosen in real life, or a yellow bunny hood so I don't really look like my ac character. Plus my hair is brunette irl whereas it's grey ingame. When my hair was bleach blonde and super short I looked more like my character.

If you see my character in AC (I have dream addresses in the signature) They have on a black mask because they hide their emotions. They where a black coat with a shape color. Then they where black pants and black shoes. They aslo wear glasses. I am like that in real life where I don't care what I where and I am more empty inside.

I learned from playing Stardew Valley that I'm actually really creeped out by my character looking like me with my name. When I started playing Animal Crossing, I gave my character a name and appearance I thought was pretty but made sure it wasn't too like me.

img_0663-jpeg.553557
One thing's for sure: I don't go around IRL with green hair, light-brown eyes, band-aids and stickers on my face, and an outfit reminiscent of the Pokémon, Appletun. I do wear glasses, though.

My player character, Hayley, wasn't created to be me in real life, I treat her as a separate original character, even though she has my hair, eye, and skin color.

1715132907373.jpeg

Back