• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer animated or live action movies when it comes to DC and Marvel?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Personally i prefer DC movies to be animated and Marvel live action.

You?

i prefer live-action for both. the animated movies are great and make me nostalgic for my childhood in a way, but i always seem to enjoy live-action movies more, no matter the company that makes them. plus, i like seeing which actors/actresses get chosen for each individual character, and how similar they look/don’t look to their comic book counterpart (if applicable).

Live action all the way for me.

Marvel followed by the creation of the MCU opened the door for me when it comes to the superhero genre in general. Plus I'll always associate animation or cartoons with my childhood (which isn't a bad thing) I just prefer live action more.

I'm not really into the superhero stuff much (especially with Marvel) but I think I prefer live-action.. I did like The Dark Knight and Joker.. and Aquaman was at least entertaining.
Then again, I haven't seen much animated superhero stuff!

For DC and Marvel specifically, live action all the way. It’s easier to imagine the story when it’s live action. The animated ones are good, but I just like the live action ones more

I really don't have a preference between animated or live action as long as the movie is good. I've enjoyed both formats. Sometimes animated is better in my opinion because it has more of a comic feel, but live action with the right actors is fine too.

I’m not a fan of superhero movies, honestly. I think I’d prefer live action, but I don’t have a preference if the movie is good.

prefer the comic book medium, actually. but dc does manage to have better talent whether live or animated. marvel animation and live action operate on MCU synergy so right now there is really no difference creatively besides aesthetics.

Marvel does good live-action but their animated films are bad. DC is the opposite. They have amazing animated films. It's really weird how that worked and both dominated one of the mediums.

Back