Do you play the Sims?

I’ve played Sims since the PS2 games, lol. Right now I have TS2 Ultimate (the anniversary collection of everything), TS3 with all EPs (not stuff packs*), and then everything of TS4. It was a HUGE part of my childhood so i try to collect them. I still need TS1, but I don’t have a disk drive and I don’t really want one so that’s on the back burner hehe

Anyway, I play it mainly for CAS and building/decorating. Generally when I play it something goes horribly wrong. I had my Sim get married and the chef at the wedding died of old age, so the ceremony was interrupted for everyone to grieve. This was my most recent incident. Yikes.

My Sims 4 has 600 hours on it (though I’m not the only one who uses it), and I assume I have several hundred for my older games. I generally have lots of play time on all the stuff I own.

Sims 4 is my favorite now that we have pets and seasons! We are also getting terrain tools next month, so I am HYPED! All that we need now is cars, which I assume we’ll get one of these days lol..

Sims 3 was revolutionary when it released, but honestly, the game doesn’t even run on my desktop without lagging or having bugs. I’ve read the Island EP has a tendency to cause that. The open world was cool, but it wasn’t practical. If they couldn’t take the time to debug the game then it wasn’t worth selling it to consumers IMO. I would like TS4 way less if it was modeled after TS3 probably.

Say what you want about TS4 but it runs on any PC (seriously, I just got a $200 hunk of junk that plays it) and it’s reliable. I’ll take that any day hehe

Yup! Been playing since Sims 3. I personally am not a fan of EA and how they treat their gamers, but I make an exception for Sims lol

i love playing sims!! i too binge play it for days and forget about it for months tho. sims 3 def was my fav but sims 4 is also very good but tbh i dont think i'd enjoy it as much without the mods ;;; /// they took out the freaking story progression >:

Ive played sims since sims 1 and every sims game since! I kind of grew up with it. I dont really play anymore but when i do feel like playing I'll play sims 4. Its a good game series but i feel as if it's gotten desaturated since sims 2 and a bit less fun? Idk if its me growing out of sims or mabye it just doesn't catch my fancy anymore. Whatever it is I'll always have a soft spot for it since the sims series was my childhood.

Last edited:
I've only played PS2 port of The Sims 2. It was alright for what it is, but the PC version is considered the best one by far. And no, I've never bought the expansions for it.

I liked it for what it was. Eventually I sold all the wallpaper and a lot of furniture to make more cash, and also messed up the sleeping pattern of my character somehow, meaning I began to interact with the other sims less and less as time went on and I suddenly found myself having no friends. Oh well.

I miss Sim City, though. A shame EA bought Maxis. 90s Sim City games were awesome. SNES Sim City and Sim City 2000 for the Saturn are games I sunk hundreds of hours into combined, I'm sure.

I just got Sims 4 as an early Christmas gift, so I'm looking forward to wasting my winter vacation on it! *O*

I've been considering picking up Seasons for Sims 4. It's so hard to get back into that game after not playing it for a while. Just seems like I won't even end up playing it that long even if I do. How many more niche packs need to be released till they actually make something that you'll use in everyday gameplay like Seasons?

Last edited:
i play a heavily modded version on my pc and i love it! if you play it but feel lile it's lacking i highly recommend that you get <C Command Center and the WickedWhims mod (it is 18+ so be careful, but you can disable the nasty stuff. it's worth it because it adds story progression if i recall correctly!) i have a ton of hair + clothes makeup and such and while i was hesitant to mod at first, but it's so much more fun than the vanilla game. you can make your sims look so cute!!

Me and my friend recently started a family on sims 4 filled with inside joke characters! I wanted to go back to it and I honestly might try to play it soon, I played for a long while when we first got it going. I remember I would play sims 3 on my PS3 for hours on end during the winter just because I had nothing else to really do. I remember one of my sims just kind of walking indefinitely into the ocean and then proceeding to just stay in the water. They would no longer show up on my map but I could see their stats going down until eventually they just died of starvation. I ended up making a new save with that family because of it lol.

I've played them all. My favorite is sims 3 because it had the open world and it felt like my sims life had more meaning.. because they actually left the house every day. Much more fun to play legacy of rags to riches challenges in because you could move freely and get easy use of he buildings in town. I have sims 4 now with all the expansions (not all game and stuff packs tho) and i have 200+ hours in it? I like it, it's prettier than sims 3 but I REALLY dislike the small towns and loading screens. It really feels like a step back and my sims hardly ever leave the house.

Sims 2 was also great, loved the cutscenes and the backstory to every family.

Waaaa I've been playing Sims since I was little, I love it so much. I enjoy every aspect of the game. My favourite of all of them is by far Sims 3.

I play the Sims 4. I mostly like it to decorate and build. They have packs that come out for it decently often. Which keeps it fresh. It is just sometimes the issue of not always having the money. Haha.

I've always wanted to play The Sims and when they released TS4 for free, I jumped at it. The only packs I have rn are Seasons and Realm of Magic. sometimes I'll binge play it and then sometimes I can go weeks without playing (like right now) i just really wish they didn't change the loading screen from white to blue because the logo looks so flat when before it popped out

also I think it's TS1 or TS2? that has the burglar option and I wish that was in TS4.. the videos I've seen on those are hilarious and I've always wanted to experience it for myself

I played Sims Castaway on ds, and took it back after an hour.

It was timed, and the only thing it allowed me to do was wash my hands or something. Next thing I have fainted from lack of food, and I'm back at the camp because it's night, even though I only woke up ten minutes before that.

It was a terrible game.

Last edited:
I am working on building The West House. From the Flash. The house Barry Allen grew up in with Iris and her father. It's turning out pretty good!

I love the Sims! I really want to get the Island Life pack! I am obsessed with making new characters and houses!

i’ve always wanted to play the sims but i’ve never had access to a computer that has the means to support a game like that - the closest i’ve come to playing it is the mobile app but that holds hardly any of the qualities that makes the sims so fun :c

I love The Sims series! I started off with TS1 but it was only for a short period of time so I don't really remember it well. TS2 is what I grew up with and still love to this day. I never really got on with TS3, I hated the potato faced sims but the open world was pretty cool. As for TS4.. I want to love it but the only thing I love about it is CAS.. actually playing the game gets so boring for me.

Yeah! I love the series and I'm pretty sure Sims 2 for the PS2 was my first one. I also played Pets (DS), 2 (DS), 2 (GBA), Castaway (DS), Life Stories, Pet Stories, Castaway Stories, MySims, MySims Kingdom, 3 (PC), Medieval, 4 (PC) and the FreePlay app.

The console versions for Sims 2 were just amazing, honestly. They kinda go against what Sims is supposed to be, but having these insane stories with real progression and objectives while also having to socialize and take care of your needs was always very entertaining to me. That's why I also loved the Sims Stories, but they were pretty tame and slowpaced. I do also love the main titles though. :blush:

I do prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4, but that game just won't work anymore. I had a town full of Sims created by myself with a bunch of CC, but upgrading my hardware make the game broken forever. Went from high graphics with two expansions to low graphics with zero and it still broke down completely. I don't really enjoy Sims 4 the same way, even if it looks prettier and has more interaction. I just miss the open world and the big town too much. Going from 92 lots to 21 is just no fun (comparing main/first worlds).

I think I just miss the spinoff titles, I created enough Sims for a decade. :D

Back