• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play the Sims?

I enjoyed the sims 2 pets a long time ago. I have the sims 4 rn, but its not the same thing as the sims 2. Too much changes for me lol but i play it when im bored

I've been playing The Sims since it first came out. I've owned all of 1 through 4 plus all expansion/stuff packs. I even used to play The Sims Online! Made quite a few friends on that one. I was sad when they shut it down. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but considering how much money I've invested into it, I should probably play more lol

I used to, I get a itch every once in a while and I'll binge play it for a few days and then not touch it for 3 years.
That being said EA is a trash company and the DLC for the Sims is ludicrously expensive so I'd rather not support that nonsense.

I started playing the Sims 1 with my mom when I was very very little and oh my god the nostalgia I have for that game...

I even used to make CC (crappy, though) for the Sims 2! It's my favourite in the series, I love the personality it had, loved the storylines the sims had, in general I loved the feel of the game and specially how goddamn easy it was to make CC in that game! I really do think CC creators are the backbone of the Sims community and manage to keep a game alive waaay after the developers stop supporting it

The Sims 3 would be a very good game if it wasn't so laggy and buggy; I now play it with mods that fix a lot of issues and I'm enjoying it a lot, but it still has some aspects that are very annoying and it's still kinda buggy and laggy, but I really appreciate the huge amount of content it has (though I must say, I wish the store never existed)

I think the Sims 4 botched it so bad. I mean, if you have many, MANY packs, it can be fun to play for a while, but... It's just a building simulator and Sims creator for me now, I don't really ~play~ it

Last edited:
I got really into the first Sims game back when it first came out on the PS2. I loved it for about 2 weeks, then it got boring to me and I never went back to it. Tried a couple of the sequels but they never did anything for me

I've heard of the sims and no i haven't played it, there is one hilarious meme where a guy reads the patch notes of Sims 3 and absolutely dies laughing because of how ridiculous they are

<--- if you want to watch it

However my 2 younger sisters both have Tomodachi Life and i hear it's identical to Sims but with miis?

I got really into the first Sims game back when it first came out on the PS2. I loved it for about 2 weeks, then it got boring to me and I never went back to it. Tried a couple of the sequels but they never did anything for me

The console versions were never as good as the PC versions. With the PC versions you could basically play however you wanted with the vast amount of custom content/mods that you could download. Just my opinion :)

The console versions were never as good as the PC versions. With the PC versions you could basically play however you wanted with the vast amount of custom content/mods that you could download. Just my opinion :)
I've heard that but I don't own a pc, never have and probably never will. I've always been a console guy. I'm sure I missed out on a lot over the years but I could never justify the costs

While I actually have a base copy of the sims 4 in my origin account from when it was free, I have no device good enough to run it yet. I did manage to install it at one point, but the 2nd time I loaded everything up it was incredibly laggy so I gave up for now.

I did however have the sims 3 pets for xbox 360, I enjoyed that alot when I played it. Especially how you could control your pets when your sims went to work (Not sure if the new pets expansion has that?). I have stages where I want to play it, but then get bored and leave my sims abandoned for months

Has anyone else been playing The Sims 4: Snowy Escape? Mt Komorebi is such a pretty location.

Featured are my current favourite Sims, Dragana and Morgen. They've just welcomed their first son, Noel, who represents the fifteenth generation born in this household (I'm playing an alphabet legacy).

ykvGcid.png

PwEr6mb.png

uJWIyYa.png

8KPNrLb.png

I own all of the sims and the expansion packs, both as ISO and the original copies. My favourite by far is the sims 2 and i'm waiting on more news on the sims 5, apparently there's a story mode! I hope it's nothing like busting out or medieval because I personally could not stand the both of them. I liked sims castaway on ps2 version, that was a fun game!

I've literally grown up watching sims videos on youtube. Played sims 3 a couple times and currently playing 4 on xbox. I'm also saving up money and parts to build my own PC to get the sims 4 on there where I could use CC stuff because there's this specific fan made pack that's like Harry Potter but based off a poster in the sims. It's called the Pufferhead pack. I'll link that in this post. But there's so much more I want. There's a melanin pack for sims 4 that gives better skin colors for darker skin tones that's absolutely beautiful. There's a whole website called the sims resource that is filled to the brim and more full of CC and CC creators. It's beautiful honestly and I really want to use them all.

I also love the lego harry potter games too lol

The Pufferhead Pack: https://mlysmakescc.weebly.com/pufferhead.html

The sims resource: https://www.thesimsresource.com/

I also have a sims 4 youtube channel that I made a few days ago and can't really post anything untill I get the PC and game but I like to be prepared and it's something I've been wanting to do pretty much my whole life.

Thanks for taking the time outta your day to read this!

Yes, I love the Sims 4. I've played all of them on PC apart from Sims 3. When you do get your PC sorted to play, I can recommend a load of CC and mods which seriously make gameplay so much better. There's UI Cheats Extension, MCCC (a command center where you can change all sorts) for CC I use sims resource which you've linked, I have some CC on there too, my name is SecondaryHerring (shameless plug). I would also recommend CC by someone called Harrie, in particular the Kichen set, along with a few others. When you do get it for PC feel free to add me on Origin, my name there is also TheRevienne, and if you need recommendations for packs or anything I have all of them apart from Journey to Batuu, a couple stuff packs and the new kits :D

I've been playing the Sims since it first came out. I prefer the PC versions over the console versions, and I get most of my mods from Mod the Sims. I admit that I haven't played it in a while, but it is still one of my favorite games :D

Back