Do you play any musical instruments?

I wish I did! I've played clarinet and violin in the past but I was not very good at either. No natural ability and I never practiced either...! I've always wished I could have learned the piano though...

i've played the cello since i was 4! i don't really take lessons anymore, but i'm in an orchestra (not school orchestra ew haha), and i play at two hospitals! :blush:

Do you play with a youth orchestra? I help out with the viola section at my local youth orchestra.

Do you play with a youth orchestra? I help out with the viola section at my local youth orchestra.

yesss i'm in a youth orchestra! it's pretty well renowned, but uhh internet safety so i didn't say which one it was :blush:
really glad we have something in common! i love the viola

yesss i'm in a youth orchestra! it's pretty well renowned, but uhh internet safety so i didn't say which one it was :blush:
really glad we have something in common! i love the viola

I love the cello lol! I recently helped out with a summer string camp, and we played St. Paul's Suite! I recommend listening to it, if you like classical music. We played the beginning and the end, which are now my favorites out the whole suite. I'm sorry I kind of went on a tangent lol.

I love the cello lol! I recently helped out with a summer string camp, and we played St. Paul's Suite! I recommend listening to it, if you like classical music. We played the beginning and the end, which are now my favorites out the whole suite. I'm sorry I kind of went on a tangent lol.

ooh i like st. paul's suite! and summer string camp sounds so fun- do you play with little kids? i have a seating audition coming up, and i'm so pleased to say we're playing the carmen suites no. 1 and no. 2 by bizet! it's such a well-known favorite (everyone knows chanson du toreador), and i'm really excited! (lol me too abt the tangent thing)

ooh i like st. paul's suite! and summer string camp sounds so fun- do you play with little kids? i have a seating audition coming up, and i'm so pleased to say we're playing the carmen suites no. 1 and no. 2 by bizet! it's such a well-known favorite (everyone knows chanson du toreador), and i'm really excited! (lol me too abt the tangent thing)

The summer camp is usually split up into two different orchestras - one with the little kids and another one with high schoolers. I was the principal viola for the "big kids" and I played a quintet. I'm actually preparing for an audition, as well! I'm playing Humoresque. It's one of my all time favorites!

The summer camp is usually split up into two different orchestras - one with the little kids and another one with high schoolers. I was the principal viola for the "big kids" and I played a quintet. I'm actually preparing for an audition, as well! I'm playing Humoresque. It's one of my all time favorites!

ahhh humoresque is so great! it's a favorite at one of the hospitals i play at! i play in the pediatric oncology department, and the kids think it's so funny when i put a story to the song (the story is about paying the rent and i think it's a v good story)

ahhh humoresque is so great! it's a favorite at one of the hospitals i play at! i play in the pediatric oncology department, and the kids think it's so funny when i put a story to the song (the story is about paying the rent and i think it's a v good story)

That's actually adorable! My viola teacher and I came up with a story for Humoresque. It has such a bouncy, light melody in the beginning. Then, it shifts to that dark section and it gives me chills, especially when i play it on viola. Have you ever heard of Norweigan Dances? It has this super cool violin line!

I play the clarinet. I may switch over to the oboe but I'm still not sure. I used to play the piano and the flute but they were quickly forgotten as I grew older. I like to keep my options open, you know?

I used to play the violin in elementary & middle school. I stopped before I got to high school though, cuz my social anxiety & awkwardness peaked & depression formed in middle school. I know I was fairly decent at it for my age, but I stopped playing it and going to the practices because I was so disenlightened & terrified of the exams & going to the school concerts. A bit sad really, because i regret not keeping at it, but I don't think I would have been able to anyway, what with how much family **** & problems went on during my preteen/early teenage years. eh, we're not all lucky, i would gladly pick it up again if i ever have money the buy one, but its not a priority. Music just isnt for me. My boyfriend, on the other hand plays drums, played the sax, and can play a bit of guitar.

Last edited:
I play the guitar, ukulele, bass guitar, piano, and flute. I still play the guitar and the bass guitar because of band practice, I only play the uke when I make song covers, but I haven't played the flute in AGES. Mostly because I'm not really interested anymore and I was forced to take it up when I was younger lol.

I plan on playing guitar by the end of 2018. I'll probably give up, but hey, you never know!

Sadly no. I wish I could learn like guitar or piano but yeah sadly too much for my brain to handle :v

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES I DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hype cannot be contained!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been playing piano for 11 1/2 years! If that isn't an accomplishment idk what is!!

I can also play guitar, violin, mandolin, *kinda* cornet, and trombone, but that's all I have. I could pick up any instrument and play a song on it. I've played double-bass, cello, hammer dulcimer, and penny flute also ^o^

See this is why you don't bring up musical instruments around me. I'm a piano junkie lmao

I've been playing piano (badly) since I was about 10. I'm a classical musician and I'm going to university for it next year, so I play a few. Clarinet is my main instrument, I play it in concert band (and will be in orchestra next year), I play saxophone in jazz band (used to play it in concert band), I also play flute (and piccolo), a bit of trumpet, and an even smaller bit of french horn. I'd say out of all I can play clarinet and saxophone the best. Piano has been something I've only been on and off doing and have never been fully committed, I'm definitely more than a beginner in level, but I still take lessons and I don't consider myself good at it.

Last edited:
I can play the ukulele and I'm learning the ocarina o uo

i was in orchestra, i played the violin. all these years and i still managed to learn by ear and not by notes. cant bother to remember notes haha.

Last edited:
Back