Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Do you like the hourly music in New Leaf? To be honest, I can't really tell any of the hours apart like I could with the older games. Maybe I coincidentally playing at the same time every single day without realizing, but all of the hourly music except for a few sound the same to me.

Well... the hourly music is alright, I guess. Not sure whether it's better than WW/CF's hourly music, though.

Do you like the hourly music in New Leaf? To be honest, I can't really tell any of the hours apart like I could with the older games. Maybe I coincidentally playing at the same time every single day without realizing, but all of the hourly music except for a few sound the same to me.

I can tell more in the evening and at night then during the day and I don't know why. Except for when I am NOT paying full attention. Like when I have my game on but it is next to me and I am doing other things I will sort of sub-consciously notice little differences when I am not playing it almost as if I know the time is passing and it's like hypnotizing in a way(the music) and you can hear the differences then. But when you are actually playing you don't notice those things.

Last edited:
since new leaf is my first animal crossing game, i can't compare it to the previous hourly songs, but i really do love them. of course there are a few i love more than others and some i dislike though. and like HMCaprica said, i think i can distinguish between the hours better during the evenings and nights, since those are when some of my favorite songs play (11pm and 1am are my absolute favorites! and they sound even more beautiful when it rains)

The music is fine. There are tracks I like, and tracks I don't like, but overall it's just okay. None of it is really "bad," but compared to previous games I feel like the hourly themes are somewhat lacking the catchiness and, er, wildness of the old ones.

But, at the same time that's not really a bad thing, because the music has changed along with the gameplay style... yeah, I mean that.

Beautifying your town wasn't really the point back then, it was forming relationships and improving your home, mainly. I was only introduced to this game almost a year ago, and even I could gather that, I felt closer to my animals in those games. They had more character and more things to say. But now with the advent of PWPs and more customization options than ever before, the game is more like a sandbox.

I'm not complaining though. I love New Leaf so much. I just wish the spirit of the older games and the feeling of community was stronger in it.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with music? Well, I believe that if the aspects of beautifying your town AND befriending your neighbors were used to their full potential in the next game we might get a happy medium; some peaceful, beautiful music with a sense of fun and adventure to it.

That's been mulling over in my head for a while now, sorry about the long post. :p

I often play with the sound off, and when I play with sound I don't really think about the music a lot. There are some songs I dislike, but most are fine

I absolutely love the music in ACNL, I love all the tracks and most of KK's songs, actually come to think about it, the 2am music is BLISS! and 3am I find a tad creepy for some reason, and 4am. 11am is very soothing and relaxing! 12pm has to be by far my favourite :D so catchy and relaxing!

I only started with NL, but I have to admit, I wish there was more variety of mood in them..they are all pretty great for what they are tho.

Only some of it. The 7 pm one is my favourite but some themes I end up really disliking because I don't like that time of day irl. May seem odd but eh.
I don't like many of the room themes either, some of them like K.K. Synth make me nauseous.

If you're talking about the hourly music I like it, but it doesn't hold up to the original's. I believe Population Growing's hourly soundtrack is one of the few aspects that still holds strong to this day.

I used to really hate it, but I've grown to appreciate it more. I don't agree that all the songs sound the same. I think they do all have a distinct sound. I prefer it when it's raining and snowing.

I like 5-7 p.m., 11 p.m., and 5 a.m. best.

I do very much prefer the music from other games, particularly Population Growing. It's so nostalgic for me. Sometimes, I play New Leaf with the sound off and listen the gamecube soundtrack. :)

Last edited:
Overall I prefer the hourly songs in Wild World, but that could possibly just be because Wild World is the first AC game I played so I'm biased. I do love the 11 AM song in New Leaf though. I have my clock set 5 hours ahead so that I can hear it when I get up at 6 AM for school. c:

At first, I was in love with the hourly songs because New Leaf was the first AC game I played since Wild World, so it was like a rush of nostalgia. But after a while, the tracks got too repetitive, and I found they lacked some of the trademark beats and instruments from previous games. The night tracks, however, will never get old (maybe because I don't play in the wee hours of the night as often as the daytime.)

The only tracks I really don't like are 3 PM, 7 PM, 10 PM, and 3 AM. 3 PM is just annoying to me, and the rest are creepy. 7 PM sounds way too urgent and kind of gives me anxiety, lol. I used to play before bed during high school, and hearing the 10 PM music in the dark made me feel like something was watching me?? Which is probably weird, but idk. Otherwise, my favorites are 11 AM and 5 PM. Very relaxing and lovely. 5 PM gives off ACPG vibes, which is excellent.

I enjoy having the music while I play. The only hour I dislike is 7-8 pm. That music creeps me out. Something from childhood, I think.

I noticed from the beginning that I didn't like NL's hourly music as much as WW and CF's. It's less memorable- literally. I could hum several tunes from WW/CF but can only remember how maybe one or two from NL go. I'm sure there are some who love the NL music, but for me it doesn't create the same feelings as past games' music did.

Back