Do You Like Amiibo Support?

• Yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indifferent/Don't Care

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
I'm indifferent. On one hand, I love being able to move out specific villagers, including the most recent move-in. On the other, I feel like it removes some of the fun in actually locating the villagers naturally. Although I could always do it that way, the one problem with that is how awful the campsite villager move-in procedure is for non-amiibos, making it stressful without the cards even when you do manage to locate a villager.

I think if they made it easier to select a villager to leave for the non-amiibos (and perhaps allow the last move-in to request a move after say, a month), I'd appreciate the amiibo system more, because then I wouldn't feel pressurized into buying the ones I want (if that makes sense?).

I think it's a great option and love having them around, but I'm not a big fan of how NH works them. Yeah I can TT to get it done, but it still takes upwards of 45 min to an hour. Overall though, I love having the freedom to move in and out whoever I want.

When the cards first came out during New Leaf's era, I did buy a good handful of cards of my favorite villagers. I've used them on and off since then. I've currently decided to no longer use them, at least with this game. I did on a few previous files and something simply felt off, there was no satisfaction upon obtaining them in that manner. To me, nothing beats that feeling of excitement upon seeing a desired villager on a mystery island, especially after long hunting for them.

i'm indifferent. it's a nice feature to have, but i don't use it. i've only used the cards once to move vivian in right at the start just to see how it works. my sister is the card collector though, not me. we have a lot of legitimate ones, but most of our more popular villagers (plus the sanrio cards and a few RV ones) are handmade.

the only gripe i have with amiibo is the ridiculous prices some of them can go for. not just the AC cards (for villagers like marshal) but also some of the actual figures. my girlfriend loves rosalina and has been trying to get hers for months, but there either aren't any for sale or they sell for too much. i saw one in a store this week going for £40! maybe that's inflated, but. it's definitely a problem. don't even get me started on the sanrio cards.

I like the amiibo feature I never used it much at all in new leaf I’ve used it a bit in new horizons I plan to start buying some more card packs to continue collecting them as I have a few of the collector folders.

I love having the option for amibo support but I HATE how long they made it take to get your villagers to move in. Like 3 times each??? Excuse me when I had new leaf it took a genie lamp and kicking someone out and done. Like why make it harder???

I love having the option for amibo support but I HATE how long they made it take to get your villagers to move in. Like 3 times each??? Excuse me when I had new leaf it took a genie lamp and kicking someone out and done. Like why make it harder???
I understand, especially finding the materials to craft things they won’t even put in their house. I’ve had to go out of my way to collect the materials, and even gone to mystery islands to gather wood on several occasions.

I understand, especially finding the materials to craft things they won’t even put in their house. I’ve had to go out of my way to collect the materials, and even gone to mystery islands to gather wood on several occasions.
Literally!!! Like they're like wow thanks I love it but I'm not putting it in my house also I'm not moving here til you do all of these things like ughhhh so frustrating

Personally I think its better for it to take time than just one solo visit.
I think in new leaf it was too easy.
Like you did nothing at all to earn it.

I mean maybe one more time to make it like having a campsite villager but why make it so much harder than a regular campsite villager??

I mean maybe one more time to make it like having a campsite villager but why make it so much harder than a regular campsite villager??
Because one is random, and odds are you will never get the villager you actually want to show up there.
And the other you have complete control over.

I used the campsite method to get raymond once. Made sure I had no smugs so the odds were high. There aren't too many smugs so the odds are pretty great compared to like a snooty.

Took me over 3 years of time travelling

Back