Yellow Pansy
Red Rose
Blue Hybrid Pansy
White Cosmos
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Yellow Tulip
Purple Violet
As I was thinking about ACNL pre-Welcome Amiibo, I started thinking of the subject of amiibo cards in general and was wondering how many people here on TBT care for amiibo support in general and how many don't, especially in NH, where amiibo cards usually aren't sold in stores anymore (at least where I live). Apologies if this has been done before, but I decided to make a poll on it! I'm talking about using amiibo to get villagers/move them into your island, not the cards as a whole.

Personally, I'm kind of indifferent to amiibo support. I love collecting the cards (though I prefer the original AC e-reader cards...but then again I prefer the original AC to pretty much any future installment), but as for actually moving villagers in, I pretty much only use them if I want an obscure, unpopular villager whom no one would really have on their island to give up (looking at you, Freckles). I much prefer island hopping to get my villagers, mainly because I like the thrill of seeing who I'm going to stumble upon next. Though, I do see the benefits of amiibo support, such as helping someone get their dream villagers and giving extra use to all the cards since Amiibo Festival...flopped. It was also a lot more helpful in NL since you couldn't really hunt for villagers and was forced to take who the game gave you...but in a way, I sort of prefer that to NH, where you're able to get all of your dream villagers right at the start of the game if you hunt enough. I'm not against using amiibo cards, but if I personally use them, I'll definitely only use them for one or two villagers and hunt for the rest. I think that the introduction of amiibo villagers decreases the longevity of my towns/islands because once I have all my villagers, I tend to get bored with the game and reset, but at the same time they help me get my guilty pleasure villagers, like Freckles or Jacques. With these factors balancing out, I can't say I don't like them, but I can't say I love them, either. What about you?

I personally love having the option! Though I can also see being indifferent... I can't see why anyone would dislike it, though, since they can play and never use them ever and be completely unaffected.

I mean, I also like island hopping... but after a hundred islands or so, I'm done, and just want my next villager. So I like having the option to find someone with an Amiibo and get a villager quickly. I also like having some myself (though very few) and would really like Nintendo to release some more/new ones, since I would love to have more (and don't want to spend a fortune on ones online, and I don't really trust the unofficial ones)!

Overall, I think they're a great option for a lot of players, and have no effect on players who don't like/want them. So I don't see any downside!

Every one of my villagers apart from Raymond, Megan, and Sherb, has been gained via amiibo.

I love the freedom I have to change my villagers to who I want, when I want.

I dont like having to wait months to get rid of a villager I hate, in order to try my luck at finding a villager I like

I dont like having to wait months to get rid of a villager I hate, in order to try my luck at finding a villager I like
Lol, that's another great aspect, and party of why I want more! I mean, sometimes I have a villager move out and I have a variety of other villagers I'd consider taking their place... in those cases, it's fun to island hop. But when I want a specific villager in? And a specific one out? Can't beat Amiibo!

I stopped playing NL before the amiibo update was in full swing so I never really went through the whole hype of buying and owning a large collection of amiibo cards, but I think if I had been playing at the time I would've very much enjoyed trying to get them all! But in terms of actually using them to move villagers in I'm fairly indifferent to having them or not - i personally only own the sanrio cards with no intention of buying any others, but I can see the appeal of being able to move in whoever you want, whenever you want, and it also makes it a lot easier to move out specific villagers you dislike. for now I'm happy to stick with island hopping or moving in campsite villagers. Although this is also where the tbt community (and other discord servers) comes in very handy because i have more or less the same options I would with amiibo cards through other online players!

Good question. On one hand, I never used amiibo on NL and liked the thrill of who might turn up next. I initially didn't use amiibo on NH...til I decided to totally flatten my island and make it into more of a city theme. Only then did I run into the problem of needing the villagers houses to match the theme (or a place I could make them not look out of place at least). So I used amiibo for everyone that had to be cut and replaced, based on their houses. I suppose I could've tried to do it via island hopping, but it felt more convenient to use amiibo for it haha.

I do sort of think though...apart from special characters like sanrio etc, it might be cool to see how people do things without the aid of amiibo.

Just had one thought I'd want to add.
Although I love amiibo and its clearly here to stay so no concern there.

But if there was to ever be no amiibo in a future game, I'd want the move in queue gone.

Its part of the reason why I always amiibo.
I dont want some randos reject who has been gifted lots of ugly items and clothing.
Even if its my favourite villager, if Tybalt got given some weird dress, I'd hate them so much

I'm indifferent on a more positive note. On one hand, I think it can be fun and relatively easy to get the villagers you want especially if you're the type who doesn't enjoy hunting.

For ACNL, I liked the WA amiibos solely for the items in their campers. That was fun and exciting. Same thing with the Sanrio characters. It's the items I want.

But I don't have 'dreamies' so the amiibo cards aren't important to me. I have villagers I want but I don't mind taking my time looking.

I dont want some randos reject who has been gifted lots of ugly items and clothing.
Wait, do the villagers from the queue keep their gifts? I always assumed they reset 😲

I... kind of want to let some villagers move in from there, now, just to get some pre-loved villagers 😅 But I'll always have Amiibos to fall back on, lol

Wait, do the villagers from the queue keep their gifts? I always assumed they reset 😲

I... kind of want to let some villagers move in from there, now, just to get some pre-loved villagers 😅 But I'll always have Amiibos to fall back on, lol
Yeah they keep everything they've ever been given.
They might have some nifty outfits, or you might get a villager with 24 mussel suits so that they wear one every single day

easily one of the best features in the games imo

i mainly use them so if i reset my island or wanna try different villagers out i can always bring back my faves :)

Or you might get a villager with 24 mussel suits so that they wear one every single day
This is like my worse nightmare. I accidentally gifted this to Crackle once and he just wore it constantly. I had to boot him out for this.

I think I'm also indifferent but the positive side.

I never had any amiibo to use on New Leaf, but I liked the villagers I had already once that option was added so I didn't really mind. Same on New Horizons, I didn't use Amiibo myself to move in villagers but I see people use Amiibo to give others their dream villagers which I think is nice.

(I did get Sanrio Amiibo at this past Christmas though! I didn't move in any villagers from it but I used it so I could have the Sanrio items in game. Otherwise I don't really use Amiibo myself but I'm basically indifferent-positive.)

Three of my villagers are Amiibo. Mac, Bones, and Biskit were brought onto my island via Amiibo. None of the villagers I currently have are moving though because they are my dream villagers! I love Amiibo support. I found Judy in my tent, and kicked out one of my Amiibo villagers temporarily to give her away. I usually do that with popular villagers, especially ones that don’t have an Amiibo.

i’m slightly indifferent to it because i only used it for the first time this year to scan in the sanrio villagers, and now that i’ve done that, i don’t see myself using the feature again, at least not anytime soon.

i don’t mind it at all, though, and think that it’s a great feature to have! it’s just not one that i utilize much due to my lack of amiibos and the fact that my preferred method of meeting and inviting villagers onto my island is island hopping.

however, i’d actually really love to start collecting the amiibo cards one day and would certainly use the feature more if i had more options, even if i would likely only use it on harv’s island. 😅

I appreciate that amiibo gives you accessibility to any villager you want and that it is entirely optional. However, it is a sad truth that some content are locked behind it.

I hate hunting for villagers. I like that I have all the amiibos for all the villagers I want and amiibos of villagers I don’t want either.

I don’t really like island hopping. I also don’t really like redeeming the nook miles tickets ( they take forever ).

I keep rotating my last villager, so it’s nice to be able to replace them all the time, without having to have a plot open.

Back