• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you judge people by how long they have been on TBT?

rosemarycrossing

baked beans
Bells
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Do you judge people by how long they have been on TBT?
I sometimes do if they have only been here for a day or two and its a risky trade.

i dont know, what are your thoughts?
I tend to trust people who have been here longer

Last edited:
I know I do. I don't really trust people who have recently joined. It's especially suspicious when they don't have their friend code set up under their avatar. I always have that suspicion that something bad might happen with any user for some reason though.

only if they're REALLY new and wants to trade. especially if they don't have any wifi feedback... I have done trades like that, but I'm more careful with those people. also I guess if someone acts like a troll and hasn't been here for more than a week I'll just not care about them, but other than that not really. I'm pretty new myself, I've only been here for four months :D

Honestly, since I'm pretty new to TBT myself, I'm not too suspicious about newcomers but I'll always be a little cautious.

Sorta.. I really like helping newcomers but I do not want them to scam me or re-sell it, so I just chit chat with them first. Even thougj I rarely trade or cycle anymore. I just feel too nice and cannot make strict rules to save my life while playing acnl. :(

I tend to trust people more who've been around for at least a year and have posted a good amount, or joined early this year. I don't want to say I distrust all new users, but you've gotta be a little guarded around someone who hasn't had any wifi ratings yet and jump straight into the re-tail/tbt market boards. But because I only trade in tbt, I guess I never really deal with those super newbies.

I'm new to the forums myself, so I don't really judge anyone by how long they've been here. I am really cautious about wifing with any random person, though.

I'm pretty new, 1 month since i came here, and i usually look at the wifi feedback more. if its less than 5, i usually make them drop the items first/my finger is ready to flick the wifi switch if they do anything shady

Yeah, I kind of do. It's not a conscious thing, it's more like, "oh, they're new here... hmm."
It doesn't really affect how I treat them, but I still notice it I guess?

Join dates aren't everything, though. I mean, I've been on TBT for forever, but I log on like once every three months. XD So I'm probably no more active than someone who's brand new.

I'm wary of super new people when it comes to trading, but other than that I don't care. Regdate elitism is dumb.

I don't really trust them since they could have just made a new account since their main got banned or something...I dont know I don't wanna sound mean since some new-comers are actually really nice but its risky! ><

i start to trust them after theyve been on for a week or 2 and have a decent wifi rating. It can be risky trading with newcomers. Thats why i only do little trades with them

Only if I'm buying a villager. It seems that villager buying is a bit more risky. Other than that, I don't worry too much.

Not really, we were all new once with 0 wifi feedback scores. Then again I don't buy villagers (only once for a original Julian) as I have my own cycle town and I also always give villagers away free so no real risk.

If new payers haven't had a rating yet I try to trade in their town although this is also more practical for me usually as my main has paths and flowers everywhere so nowhere to drop items and extra flowers and my second is still a wip and a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
While I do agree that there's a bit of a risk when it comes to trading with newcomers because of their lack of wifi ratings, I don't mind trading with them. After all, we were all new once, and I've only been here for about a month so I'm fairly new myself. I'm just cautious of anyone being in my town if it's their first time there, no matter how long they've been on here.

While I do agree that there's a bit of a risk when it comes to trading with newcomers because of their lack of wifi ratings, I don't mind trading with them. After all, we were all new once, and I've only been here for about a month so I'm fairly new myself. I'm just cautious of anyone being in my town if it's their first time there, no matter how long they've been on here.

I agree. I would be a tad cautious, but I wouldn't refuse to trade or anything. I mean I was new 2 months ago so yeah. XD

nah, it never occurs to me to look at when they joined. i've never had a bad experience with a new member so i doubt i'll ever care until i do

I think that if they have suddenly shown up and have no wifi ratings that trading could be potentially risky, but that is the same in any case of someone new showing up in your life. That said, I am fairly new and no one here treated me with anything but immediate friendship, acceptance and trust. That is one of the reasons I am here each and every day, contributing and having fun. I am assuming your original question has to do exclusively with wifi trading and nothing else. I think do you trust people rather than judge people might have been a better way to phrase the question :)

Back