Do you have any portraits?

mundanea1

Bells
This is my first island that I ever got portraits on, which has made me really reluctant to start a new one (definitely a good thing). I would love to know if any of you have gotten a portrait or two. Are you starting a collection?

Here's what I got going on:
2023112409441000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

With my latest being Biff:
2024042615530600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

i've got photos of rowan + punchy in my house at the moment. hornsby and leopold have given me their pictures when i had them on my island in the past, but i ended up selling them rather than keeping them

i definitely plan to try and obtain raymond, katt and lobos' photos too whenever i next have the motivation to play! usually just obtain the photos of my favourites 😌

i've got photos of rowan + punchy in my house at the moment. hornsby and leopold have given me their pictures when i had them on my island in the past, but i ended up selling them rather than keeping them

i definitely plan to try and obtain raymond, katt and lobos' photos too whenever i next have the motivation to play! usually just obtain the photos of my favourites 😌
You sold them? :0
I don't think I have the heart to, at least not yet. While they're much easier than getting a shiny pokemon, but they have the same vibe for me, atm.

You sold them? :0
I don't think I have the heart to, at least not yet. While they're much easier than getting a shiny pokemon, but they have the same vibe for me, atm.
You say it's easier than getting a shiny Pokémon? I have a bunch of shinies on Pokémon Scarlet and I only got one portrait from Gladys in New Horizons! But that was because on Pokémon I had a shiny charm to make them a bit more common. New Horizons doesn't have any similarly-functioning portrait charms. it would be cool though

You say it's easier than getting a shiny Pokémon? I have a bunch of shinies on Pokémon Scarlet and I only got one portrait from Gladys in New Horizons! But that was because on Pokémon I had a shiny charm to make them a bit more common. New Horizons doesn't have any similarly-functioning portrait charms. it would be cool though
That's crazy! TT0TT Maybe I just have horrible luck with shinies because my first shiny that I ever got that wasn't a part of the story was on a pokemon click site (something like gpx) (it was a bellsprout).

Receiving photos from the villagers isn't too difficult, it just takes time. Basically you just need to max out their happiness and they'll eventually give it to you as a gift. There's even a method to acquiring them where you wrap up gifts that would equal up to a certain amount of bells (3,000 I think? Not 100% sure off the top of my head, would need to go looking for it.) and give them to your villager(s) each day. I tend to use a stack of a few coconuts or other non-native fruit since the villagers won't display them in and ruin the interior design of their house like they do with clothing or furniture.

Anywho, I have a number of villager photos. I tend to focus on getting them from villagers who are moving out. I display them on the wall of a room in one of my player characters' house since the room is set up like the seating area of a restaurant, akin to how some restaurants in real life have autographed photos of celebrities who had visited the place. I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure who all I have photos from, but I know I at least have Diva, Kabuki, Paula, Pekoe, Ribbot, Snake and Ursala since they've left and I remember getting them first. I have Annalisa, Bella and Tucker's photos since they've been permanent residents and have been around the longest, though Annalisa might be on the chopping block since I've been considering possibly replacing her with Savannah as my Normal resident. I have Jingle's photos since you get it from the Toy Day Stockings item during Christmastime. I also think I purchased Gracie's photo, Jack's photo, Katie's photo and Wisp's photo from someone here on the forums. I'll have to check to see if there are any others from the rest of my residents.

One of the reasons I still play daily is my attempt to get everyone’s portraits (and posters), including npcs. I typically won’t let anyone move out until I’m gifted one.

Rarely, I will let a villager I have an amiibo card for go if I’m tired of them or want to get someone else in. But then I’ll re-invite them back sometime down the road.

396241973_694955285932156_1285591215677986271_n.jpg

327972986_2127941640735266_8417942851635801917_n.jpg

I've managed to get a few photos from my villagers.It seems to take longer to get villager pics in New Horizons than in New Leaf but that might be because I played a lot more New Leaf.

I love collecting the photos. I make sure to get one of each villager before they leave my island. I restarted my second island a few times and they are one of the few things I always moved to my main island before restarting.

I have a few - there was a time I was trying to collect them, but I gave up on that once I had photos of all the villagers on my island at that point. Since then I haven’t got any more, but I think it’s a nice long-term goal to have. I collect posters though - I keep them all in order of when the villagers moved to my island 😊 My whole basement is dedicated to villager photos and posters 😂 I don’t know what I’m gonna do with them when I run out of space though!

Yes. I have traded for some, for decoration purposes but I earned plenty myself. The way I used some was based on their quotes. i built a ship, with One Piece in mind and on part of the ship I place portraits that had a quote that reminded me of a character or villager I thought went well.

I've got pictures of each villager in my signature (except Caroline) scattered around my house. I also have a home theater room, which has all my villagers' posters on the walls showcased by spotlights.

Fun fact: Having pictures (not posters) of current villagers displayed in your house boosts your HHA score by 777 points. If you have a picture of a non-resident, it's only worth 10 HHA points. Good thing to keep in mind if you're attempting to get the gold house trophy.

I have managed to obtain quite a few villager portraits! I have Dobie, Marshal, Punchy, Savannah, Tybalt, Ribbot, Bunnie, Reneigh, Ursala, Genji, Purrl, Rover, and Brewster! I'd love to get more portraits but it's kind of a hassle when I'm not actively playing NH everyday

i do! i wish i got the photos from villagers that since have moved away but i at least have their posters :>
i still need to get ankha's photo but that's a slow process as i'm in no rush to get it just yet

i've gotten some duplicates and i feel bad for selling them so they just... stay in my storage and i'm not sure what to do with them to be quite honest with you
i have the other photos displayed around my house so that i can show it off to them when they visit me randomly hehe

I’ve gotten a lot of pics from my villagers, even doubles! I think I have 3 of Cherry! I just can’t imagine selling them even though I don’t need them. Maybe I should toss them in the market here to see if someone would want to buy one!

Also, my last 2 villagers who gave me their pic was after I bought them a car!
(the small car, not that huge one!)

Receiving photos from the villagers isn't too difficult, it just takes time. Basically you just need to max out their happiness and they'll eventually give it to you as a gift. There's even a method to acquiring them where you wrap up gifts that would equal up to a certain amount of bells (3,000 I think? Not 100% sure off the top of my head, would need to go looking for it.) and give them to your villager(s) each day. I tend to use a stack of a few coconuts or other non-native fruit since the villagers won't display them in and ruin the interior design of their house like they do with clothing or furniture.

Anywho, I have a number of villager photos. I tend to focus on getting them from villagers who are moving out. I display them on the wall of a room in one of my player characters' house since the room is set up like the seating area of a restaurant, akin to how some restaurants in real life have autographed photos of celebrities who had visited the place. I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure who all I have photos from, but I know I at least have Diva, Kabuki, Paula, Pekoe, Ribbot, Snake and Ursala since they've left and I remember getting them first. I have Annalisa, Bella and Tucker's photos since they've been permanent residents and have been around the longest, though Annalisa might be on the chopping block since I've been considering possibly replacing her with Savannah as my Normal resident. I have Jingle's photos since you get it from the Toy Day Stockings item during Christmastime. I also think I purchased Gracie's photo, Jack's photo, Katie's photo and Wisp's photo from someone here on the forums. I'll have to check to see if there are any others from the rest of my residents.
Since the fossil part of my museum is completed, I just give them wrapped up fossils (though, I only wrap occasionally cause I'm lazy). You're definitely right about it only taking time, and since they can't move without your acceptance, their friendship level won't lower or reset.

I love <3 the restaurant idea! I just threw mine on the wall, wanting to get them out of my inventory as quickly as possible so I don't accidentally sell it.
Post automatically merged:

One of the reasons I still play daily is my attempt to get everyone’s portraits (and posters), including npcs. I typically won’t let anyone move out until I’m gifted one.

Rarely, I will let a villager I have an amiibo card for go if I’m tired of them or want to get someone else in. But then I’ll re-invite them back sometime down the road.
This is what I want to do. I don't have all the amiibo cards. So, if I ever get down to the villagers that I don't have in card form, I wonder if I'll breakdown enough to go villager hunting. Or would it be best to just nab them a different way...hmm.

View attachment 556012
View attachment 556013
I've managed to get a few photos from my villagers.It seems to take longer to get villager pics in New Horizons than in New Leaf but that might be because I played a lot more New Leaf.
LOOK AT YOUR DUCKS! <333
I think it is time to make a duck shrine!

You are just decked out over here!
I never got around to getting portraits on New Leaf. I've always had a problem with resetting, be that in any game. That is why I've only completed not even a handful of games.

Nope, never tried to get them on my first island. But i'm thinking about starting a collection on my second island.
Hope it goes well whenever you start the gift giving grind!

I've got pictures of each villager in my signature (except Caroline) scattered around my house. I also have a home theater room, which has all my villagers' posters on the walls showcased by spotlights.

Fun fact: Having pictures (not posters) of current villagers displayed in your house boosts your HHA score by 777 points. If you have a picture of a non-resident, it's only worth 10 HHA points. Good thing to keep in mind if you're attempting to get the gold house trophy.
Really? I never knew that about the HHA point system. I think I got my golden house after I just threw all my chairs and gyroids down (that room is...something). Is there anything past the golden house?

I have a few - there was a time I was trying to collect them, but I gave up on that once I had photos of all the villagers on my island at that point. Since then I haven’t got any more, but I think it’s a nice long-term goal to have. I collect posters though - I keep them all in order of when the villagers moved to my island 😊 My whole basement is dedicated to villager photos and posters 😂 I don’t know what I’m gonna do with them when I run out of space though!
You gotta make a new character just so they can hold your other photos and posters! :0

i do! i wish i got the photos from villagers that since have moved away but i at least have their posters :>
i still need to get ankha's photo but that's a slow process as i'm in no rush to get it just yet

i've gotten some duplicates and i feel bad for selling them so they just... stay in my storage and i'm not sure what to do with them to be quite honest with you
i have the other photos displayed around my house so that i can show it off to them when they visit me randomly hehe
Oh! I bet they have some cute dialogue when you interact with their photo. I didn't think of that!

Last edited:
Back